You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Detonated twice in 3 matches.

19 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,000 battles

So today while I was in my Khab, I was detonated in 2 out of 3 games I played.  Now I know that all the experts that always seem to jump on all us lesser beings when we point something out will tell me that it's just fun and interesting game mechanics.  Ok, then I am having so much fun that maybe I don't need to spend as much time and money on the game that I have been and I think I'll try my luck at Pokymon Go.

Now I get it, I am not one of those that thinks detonations need to be removed from the game, ship happens, but since the previous patch (I think it was a change made in between the last 2 major patches) it has become an iteration.  I don't expect to not be detonated, i just think that it should be like it was before they changed it.  Yes, I know, some of you don't think there was a change and that detonations have been this way for awhile, fine.  Its time to change it so that they happen with out some type of RNG randomness.

How about you make it so that you only get detonated if your HP is at 10% or a shell hits a porthole!  I don't know what the solution is, I do know that it is getting to the point that I don't really want to play and I don't think that is a good thing for WG.

[BLACK]
Beta Testers
30 posts
7,312 battles

So today while I was in my Khab, I was detonated in 2 out of 3 games I played.  Now I know that all the experts that always seem to jump on all us lesser beings when we point something out will tell me that it's just fun and interesting game mechanics.  Ok, then I am having so much fun that maybe I don't need to spend as much time and money on the game that I have been and I think I'll try my luck at Pokymon Go.

Now I get it, I am not one of those that thinks detonations need to be removed from the game, ship happens, but since the previous patch (I think it was a change made in between the last 2 major patches) it has become an iteration.  I don't expect to not be detonated, i just think that it should be like it was before they changed it.  Yes, I know, some of you don't think there was a change and that detonations have been this way for awhile, fine.  Its time to change it so that they happen with out some type of RNG randomness.

How about you make it so that you only get detonated if your HP is at 10% or a shell hits a porthole!  I don't know what the solution is, I do know that it is getting to the point that I don't really want to play and I don't think that is a good thing for WG.

c5057846-3857-11e5-bad1-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
6,587 posts
8,571 battles

... I was in my Khab, I was detonated in 2 out of 3 games I played...

I call that balance. :trollface:

Kidding, kidding. It's never fun to get detonated, especially when it happens more than once in a day. I usually feel sorry for whoever I end up detonating, if it happens.

Members
1,360 posts

Am I the only one that just sits there and laughs when detonated? I actually think it's funny most of the time

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

I call that balance. :trollface:

I'd call it karma. :trollface:

The one place I have sympathy is the credit drain that results from an early exit in a T10 match. However, every red player in those matches probably rejoiced when they saw an opposing Khab get detonated. Now, I have little room to speak since I am long overdue for a detonation in my DDs; I probably just jinxed myself. :great:

Alpha Tester
380 posts
3,279 battles

Yesterday I detonated a Cleveland from almost full health in my Schornhorst firing HE at it. It was pretty funny then next game I detonated an Omaha too using HE. 

Also why arnt you using that -100% Detonation chance flag?

Edited by A_FIELD_MARSHAL

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Very fun mechanics that definitely have a place in a multiplayer game.

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
11,099 battles

zZqrAug.jpg

detonations suck but im getting tired of detonation threads every day 

Beta Testers
268 posts
4,323 battles

I will never shed a tear over a Khab being detonated...... That being said, I think Dets should come from AP and DBs only or get removed. Edit: and torps.  

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I have noticed this every time there is a new patch, I get more detonations in my DD's. It usually works itself out in a day or two.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

zZqrAug.jpg

detonations suck but im getting tired of detonation threads every day 

at LEAST everyday....

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

I have been Detonated 43 times in 4567 battles....

Nothing wrong with Detonations... HOWEVER.... the % of detonation threads,,,,,, is WAY OUT OF HAND and needs to be nerfed...

we should NOT have to see a DET thread every day.... with is all told being at teh most a 2.1% chance....

PLEASE try to understand what 2% actually means.... and that it would be most likely the highest percentage you would see.... then maybe we would not see threads every day...

OR my other idea....

TAKE them completely out of the game and give DDs A CITADEL......now what would the forums look like>???

Helluva lot worse I can tell you...

SO SUCK IT UP, GET A FLAG, START A  BATTLE

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

we should NOT have to see a DET thread every day.... with is all told being at teh most a 2.1% c

PLEASE try to understand what 2% actually means.... and that it would be most likely the highest percentage you would see.... then maybe we would not see threads every day...

I wish people would understand what that means too: that at 2.1% det chance your chance of seeing a det in a match approaches 40%, which means that there is a solid chance that dets will significantly affect the outcome of the match. 

It would be great too if people realized that the huge spike in forum posts is a symptom of a broken mechanic, not something to be deplored.