You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JochenHeiden

König Fan Club

53 comments in this topic

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

I absolutely love this ship.  It has decent speed, good maneuverability, amazingly accurate guns, and a reasonable turret placement, making it pretty easy to stay mostly angled even when getting the rear or forward turrets uncovered.  I recently just fought a Bayern and Gneisenau in a battle and found my ship sufficiently armored to survive the encounters.  All in all, this is a great ship and one I may be keeping!

Coincidentally, despite my initial distaste for the Kaiser, I may be keeping it as well.  Of all the ships I have owned, I have the highest KDR in the Kaiser (8.33). 

All in all, the German BBs through tier V have all been outstanding.  Nassau, Kaiser and König are all top of their tiers.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

It turned out to be a GREAT place to put my 12 point Hermelin Captain...   Now if I can speed up those reloads...

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
2,071 battles

amazingly accurate guns

We must be sailing a different ship.  I spent most of last night screaming obscenities at my screen while mid-ranged salvos kept bracketing my targets.  So many shots seemed to come up short, as well.

• Cool 1

[GNOME]
[GNOME]
Beta Testers
72 posts
13,434 battles

I too seem to have been screaming in frustration at my main guns salvos killing all near by fish, jelly fish, plankton etc. around the clearly targetted ship.... Nassau was frustrating, that and the 2+ min que times to get into a standard battle....

[LOSC]
Members
616 posts

I chased one earlier in a DD and could not hit it even from 3 .5 away as it would turn so fast, Started having to fire in a v pattern to just to hope for a hit.

Edited by Halli_SPARTA

[BAWK]
Members
154 posts
10,628 battles

I'm enjoying mine. I jumped on the German line with the intent of getting another T-10 BB so Monty wouldn't be my only option, but now I think I'll grind Konig longer so I can buy the next ship without selling it.

It plays well, has well rounded characteristics and, for a pre-war battle-wagon; RNG is not to brutal.

I'm getting a number of 50+ hit matches and 30+ hit matches are common.

It's agile enough to dual DDs and, if not isolated, has adequate AA.

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

I think she's a good ship. I  rage quit the Kaiser due to the turret placements and free exp'd when I was half way done with her.

I don't believe she's good enough to usurp the Kongo as the queen of Tier 5, but she's very good. And honestly I had a great time in my New York and do quite well in the Texas too so its a solid tier for BB's overall. 

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

So my win rate is terrible at 31%, but my survivability rate is outstanding. In 30 battles I have only died three times, and my kill to death ratio oh is 12 to 1.  This has a lot to do with my play style but also speaks to the survivability of the ship. 

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

I took her out for the first time a little while ago.  Sadly it was a defeat, but 111k damage and a close range brawl with a ARP Haruna and a Mutsuki.  Managed to bring them both down but we were down 5 ships to 2 at the end.  Still surprised me with how durable she is, but the guns are reminding me a bit of the Kaiser's before her.  Sometimes they do well, other times they won't hit when you need/want them too. 

Edited by vonKaiser

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

These 305mm shells and NY layout are killing me.

I think Konig is worse than NY.

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

These 305mm shells and NY layout are killing me.

I think Konig is worse than NY.

Konig is a bit better in nearly every single category than the NY. Only thing NY has going for it is the gun caliber and armor, but the Konig fires over 7 seconds quicker. When upgrade, the Konig has more secondaries on one side of the ship than the NY has total. NY has a lot more belt armor, but its still pretty squishy. The bow is really a weak point. The Konig seems to bounce shells better when bow on. Those 3 extra knots of speed really make a difference too. 

Edited by JojoTheMongol

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Konigs seem to do well for me in terms of dmg.   I had 145k match last night  in a loss.   it is a tough ship.  I can do consistent pen dmg with it, and tank lot of hit.    getting dreadnaught is almost too easy . (easy to use up all 5 heal in a match)     you don't get lot of Cits, but its definitely capable ship.

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

With great sadness I have "upgraded" to the Bayern.  I free XP'd all the upgrades on this ship and will now grind the rest of the way to the Gneisenau.  Three rounds in and I absolutely hate the Bayern, for all the reasons mentioned in other threads.  I want out of it.  I have enough free XP to get out, but I am committed to the grind.  To me, the Bayern grind will be very similar to the Karlsruhe in terms of pain.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I can officially say that konig is a nice fun ship.   beefed up ishizuchi with better  everything.      almost done with the grind though.  XD   have to figure out what is the keeper of this line.

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,593 battles

I am on Hull B with  the Konig.. very good ship, but you have to learn how to use it... as Jingles said.. it is not a brawler.. it is an over sized cruiser.. it seems best at hanging back a  bit and using its excellent guns to snipe away at targets... my shot from 10-16k with AP are regularly getting solid and multiple hits

But .. why Hull C.. it looks worse than Hull B and frankly stepping "up?" to the Bayern seems like a massive step down.. is this WG's way of making me change trees ? or keep me hanging in V.. anywho...

the Kaiser was also a good boat in its class once mod'd up

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,624 battles

First four matches were horrid.  Last night, good lawd!  I'm almost considering retiring the Kongo and replacing her with Konig as my go to tier 5 BB.

EDIT:  Third night with the Konig.  Yeah, she's a keeper.  

Edited by h_balck

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,593 battles

ok..answered my own ?... better AA on the C hull

So ..I think Konig, properly operated is a very capable ship.. for a Battle ship, it turn on a dime... I am impressed with the hits I get at the 8-16k range.... a full volley will result in at least two solid hits and good  damage... of course I am still a very new player, so my skill set is severely lacking... yet as I watch others I realize that perhaps I am not so bad as I think... :D

Beta Testers
233 posts
2,402 battles

I also think that the Konig is a pretty decent battleship.  I had a match where I had to go toe-to-toe with a Nagato....I didn't survive the fight, but I did leave the Nagato in really bad shape.  I hurt him badly enough that he was finished off soon after.  I didn't expect to come out on top, but I was just going to do as much damage as I could since I couldn't run....I don't remember the top speed of the Nagato but I know it is either as fast or faster and I was within 15km and there was no way I was going to escape.

I like the Kaiser as well but not as much as my Wyoming.

[-OSG-]
Members
2,542 posts
16,593 battles

I also think that the Konig is a pretty decent battleship.  I had a match where I had to go toe-to-toe with a Nagato....I didn't survive the fight, but I did leave the Nagato in really bad shape.  I hurt him badly enough that he was finished off soon after.  I didn't expect to come out on top, but I was just going to do as much damage as I could since I couldn't run....I don't remember the top speed of the Nagato but I know it is either as fast or faster and I was within 15km and there was no way I was going to escape.

I like the Kaiser as well but not as much as my Wyoming.

Toe to Toe, the Konig will lose against all same tier BB's... when up against many ships, if they have a bead on you, you're toast... one on one, at distance, I fair well... when I get targeted by more than one... well . yeah..

I took my first spin in the Bayern... yeah.. .I'll have to grind up thru on that one...w here the grind on the Kaiser and the Konig was not  so bad..

I will reiterate what Jingles ( all bow down) said.. that these are not brawlers.. but snipers.. keep your distance if you can is my motto