You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Citrusss

WoWS and WoWP

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

Hi there! 

I started to play world of warplanes for a change and getaway from the annoying grinding of higher tiers and found that game very entertaining! 

There are some nice sea/ocean maps, which can be transferred to WoWS! Wonder why WG didn't do that yet...

Disclaimer: I know there are no official plans to merge any of their games yet, but what if?..

So, warplanes' population is extremely low (300+ players on average), I was wondering how it can work out if actual pilots would fit into our world. I think it would make gameplay far more challenging and engaging for all of us, warplanes and warships fans! 

From just about every aspect, HP and DPS in both games balance well. 

First of all, captains will need to be on a lookout for pilots as these little birds can actually knock out AA guns very easily! Even light fighters have decent fire power. Plus, some of them carry nasty bombs which, unlike carriers' dive bombers, can be dropped with much better accuracy and multiple times from the same plane. Some planes can have few rockets mounted on-board!

Secondly, pilots will have "no fly zone" around AA heavy ships, like North Carolina, Des Moines, Hindenburg etc. and in a heat of a dog fight it's easy to miss the point where the opponent lured you into AA fire!

It can be implemented for games with carriers, where player's plane can be considered an "ace" and fly alone leaving CV captain duties and controls intact. Maybe even a respawn if there are planes left on the carrier. 

Again, just a thought how both games can benefit from sacrificing one. Also, in the current state, WG is probably not going to add more of the end-game, investment heavy content to warplanes, so this can be a good save there too.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Even that wouldn't make me go back to WoWP.

• Cool 3

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

they said no to game crossover. Wot, Wowp and Wows will never come together because of game balance reasons. It just simply not possible 

This goes for U-Boats as well

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

The main thing that drove me away from Warplanes is that I felt like I was swimming through jello instead of flying an aircraft.

• Cool 1

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

they said no to game crossover. Wot, Wowp and Wows will never come together because of game balance reasons. It just simply not possible 

I understand that point and so there is a disclaimer, though I don't think anyone has ever tested this idea live as this will require quite a lot of work to just put it for a closed test. On the other hand, WoWP is nearly dead, so I just imagined an idea to bring them back to life. 

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

Even that wouldn't make me go back to WoWP.

The main thing that drove me away from Warplanes is that I felt like I was swimming through jello instead of flying an aircraft.

Sure, that's not for everyone, same for ships, it's still an arcade game, but there are fans of warplanes and the game is still kept alive. 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

This goes for U-Boats as well

Don't say 'U-Boats'. You're going to trigger me.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

Don't say 'U-Boats'. You're going to trigger me.

You mean my presence doesn't trigger you? :unsure:

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

It is best that you softly repeat "Goodnight sweet prince" to WoWP. MMOs usually do not have a Lazarus experience once the player base dies out like it has for WoWP. WoWP is clearly on life support by WG because officially closing it down would damage their reputation and put bad thoughts of "what happens to my stuff if they close this game down too" in the back of players heads for WoT and WoWs. Thus they likely feel the financial impact to their other games caused by officially closing down WoWP far outweighs the costs of keeping a dead game on life support.

Lastly, even if you wanted to incorporate the two, you would have to substantially change things in one game or both. If they truly wanted to do a crossover experience, the place to have done it would have been with WoT since the vast majority planes in WoWP were land-based aircraft performing non-naval missions.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

You mean my presence doesn't trigger you? :unsure:

It did for the first.. few months. You're okay now. Just don't say your 'first' name in my presence.. *shivers*. 

you mean SUBMARINES?

AHH! THAT WORD!

*hyperventilates*

red font btw , get rid of it.

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

It is best that you softly repeat "Goodnight sweet prince" to WoWP. MMOs usually do not have a Lazarus experience once the player base dies out like it has for WoWP. WoWP is clearly on life support by WG because officially closing it down would damage their reputation and put bad thoughts of "what happens to my stuff if they close this game down too" in the back of players heads for WoT and WoWs. Thus they likely feel the financial impact to their other games caused by officially closing down WoWP far outweighs the costs of keeping a dead game on life support.

Lastly, even if you wanted to incorporate the two, you would have to substantially change things in one game or both. If they truly wanted to do a crossover experience, the place to have done it would have been with WoT since the vast majority planes in WoWP were land-based aircraft performing non-naval missions.

p26SImC.jpg

Members
501 posts
12,751 battles

Add U-Boats in the game if a DD can sit at invisi torp me then a sub can be added, no exuses!!!

seems like a bad idea adding in yet another class with deadly fishes, subs should just stay out of this game

Members
128 posts
1,171 battles

It did for the first.. few months. You're okay now. Just don't say your 'first' name in my presence.. *shivers*. 

AHH! THAT WORD!

*hyperventilates*

red font btw , get rid of it.

What do you say about Sub........sandwiches

Members
501 posts
12,751 battles

Hi there! 

I started to play world of warplanes for a change and getaway from the annoying grinding of higher tiers and found that game very entertaining! 

There are some nice sea/ocean maps, which can be transferred to WoWS! Wonder why WG didn't do that yet...

Disclaimer: I know there are no official plans to merge any of their games yet, but what if?..

So, warplanes' population is extremely low (300+ players on average), I was wondering how it can work out if actual pilots would fit into our world. I think it would make gameplay far more challenging and engaging for all of us, warplanes and warships fans! 

From just about every aspect, HP and DPS in both games balance well. 

First of all, captains will need to be on a lookout for pilots as these little birds can actually knock out AA guns very easily! Even light fighters have decent fire power. Plus, some of them carry nasty bombs which, unlike carriers' dive bombers, can be dropped with much better accuracy and multiple times from the same plane. Some planes can have few rockets mounted on-board!

Secondly, pilots will have "no fly zone" around AA heavy ships, like North Carolina, Des Moines, Hindenburg etc. and in a heat of a dog fight it's easy to miss the point where the opponent lured you into AA fire!

It can be implemented for games with carriers, where player's plane can be considered an "ace" and fly alone leaving CV captain duties and controls intact. Maybe even a respawn if there are planes left on the carrier. 

Again, just a thought how both games can benefit from sacrificing one. Also, in the current state, WG is probably not going to add more of the end-game, investment heavy content to warplanes, so this can be a good save there too.

while i do admit that it is an interesting thought experiment, i can't say i would be too "on board" with it. seems like it would do more bad than good, besides if WG did that, then they may as well just toss in subs to the game

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

What do you say about Sub........sandwiches

Delicious. :)

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

If I wanted to play Airplanes, I'd play an Airplane game........

I can't see how this is related to what I said. No one said you will have to play airplanes whatsoever 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
522 posts
10,175 battles

Add U-Boats in the game if a DD can sit at invisi torp me then a sub can be added, no exuses!!!

jKDEeq4.gif

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

wg would need to hire and pay better than wg is willing to do now.

remember. the better people in video programming doesnt work for wg.

and wg doesnt even use the best available programs and code.

Members
811 posts
4,250 battles

Glad I found this thread. I was going to create a new one but luckily the search feature was actually "working as intended" for once and it lead me here, lol. 

Anyways, hear me out for a moment:

1) WoWP is apparently sounding it's own death knell.

2) WoWS is doing ok, but looking to grow.

3) CV play in WoWS, however, is apparently in a downward spiral towards an untimely demise.

I get the economies are very different so I am not suggesting a simple 1 to 1 crossover/combining of the two separate games. However, what if the dynamic of carrier based aircraft in WoWS evolved in a way where a WoWP player could just hop into a fighter or dive/torpedo bomber and conduct themselves as usual, except this time in a naval combat setting? Either they would control just their own plane as they were used to, or could possibly be a flight leader and control part or all of a strike group. 

It may not be perfect, and there would be challenges to make such a thing happen, but think of the countless benefits if it did occur:

1) Some, possibly many, experienced WoWP pilots who would otherwise be lost from WG's customer base would remain, many of whom would continue to spend money for the same sort of things they did back in WoWP (premium time, premium planes, upgrades, etc.)

2) Carrier based aircraft flown by experienced WoWP pilots would add new and exciting threat for the veteran WoWS players to have to deal with, thus enhancing the game and adding a sense of "freshness", while those same WoWP pilots would enjoy a new experience in tackling different, bigger, and more challenging targets. (Can you just imagine an experienced WoWP pilot in their first approach of, say, an Atlanta or Iowa?  "Clean up in aisle/seat 4, please. Clean up in seat 4.":teethhappy:

3) Carrier drivers would be freed up a bit and could focus on better strategic placement, dodging approaching threats, and handling it's AA batteries, while it's strike groups could be more efficiently and effectively operated by human players.

4) Pilot players could theoretically div up with carrier players. 

5) Adding this dynamic to the game would allow the legacy of WoWP, the lessons learned, the experience, and technology to still benefit WG, plus be more efficient than expending resources to run two separate games and separate servers. 

6) (Likely there are many, many more benefits that I haven't even thought of yet!)

Again, I realize what I presented may not be optimal, perfect, complete, or plausible in all aspects.  I just think something like this would be good for WG to look at and consider. It's very possible they may be able to pick through some of this stuff and say, "hey, now that aspect just might work!".  This sort of thing would definitely be a unified and efficient solution for the 3 points I opened with.  It would really be like killing 3 (or more) birds with one stone!

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero
  • Cool 1