Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DemarticusStone

Scharnhorst is just so bad...

38 comments in this topic

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,390 battles

nice match. ive been liking her myself but i have yet to get a score that good.... though 2/3 matches ive played with her ive gotten team killed one way or another so i guess that probably why..... really good match though you had though..

Members
801 posts
2,864 battles

nice match. ive been liking her myself but i have yet to get a score that good.... though 2/3 matches ive played with her ive gotten team killed one way or another so i guess that probably why..... really good match though you had though..

You have to play her with a sort of "Combined" style, Half Brawler, Half Mid Range.

She's a unique ship, but yeah, if you keep your nose towards the enemy, you should do fine, and don't be afraid to get in close, she can take the punishment.

I also have a "Ranged Secondary" Build on her, Secondary Battery Mod 2, Basic Fire Training, and if you have them it doesn't hurt to carry the Mike Yankee Soxisix Signal.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

She sucks

For the enemy Team

Spoiler

:trollface:

The Führer would be proud.

~Hunter

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,063 posts
30,849 battles

Click Bait. Now show us 50 more games just like those results.

I'm betting my entire WG account you can't do it.

LOL, I'll do it even better.  I'll show you the average in one day over the course of over THOUSANDS of Battles by ONE SHIP (Scharnhorst) in ONE DAY, taken of course as the server average of multiple player qualities:  Good, Bad, Captain Average Joe.

BGqQMO3.jpg

The screenshot and sample is interesting.  Normally one day's worth of battles I wouldn't say is indicative of the ship.  Considering the sheer amount of action Scharnhorst has seen since her release live, she's consistently been performing like that. 

People have gone, "The stats shouldn't matter until a ship has several thousand battles under its belt" when we've discussed ship stats for prior ships like Arizona.  Scharnhorst keeps getting 6k battles PER DAY at the minimum since going live.  I specifically am using a narrow search window to exclude Supertester-only times because the ship may have seen changes from that and going live.  But just from the very small "Live" timeframe we have, not even a week, we have had thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of Scharnhorst battles.  This isn't propped up by a handful of guys with a few great games.  This is propped up by MANY players turning in performances to average out like that.

- Edit:  If you were wondering, in the "All" time window which includes Supertesters-only period, Scharnhorst has seen 64,998 Battles.

On a side note, Gneisenau has seen a lot of action yesterday, prior to that, she has had very few battles.  When I did this kind of search yesterday, I had to set the Min.Battles filter to "10" to get Gneisenau to show up.  Now I can leave it at default "1000" and she is there.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
3,014 posts

Downvote.

If the Scham was so lethal, I'd already have 50 videos uploaded.

Of course, there's world of difference in coop and random. Coop enemies have a much more lethal aim than random players.

And it was hard to judge it as "the cruiser killer" when its been nothing but a BB Festival since its release.

Today, I've seen the teams have more cruisers now, and I've been able to get a better perspective of her strengths.

Those who love secondaries...that all well and good.

Those of us who prefer to kill the enemy with guns we have aimed-

That's the whole point of aiming our guns.

Albeit, I've gained more respect for the Scham now...I've got a much better consistent handle on her.

What she'll do...where to aim her guns against higher tier battleships, and the like.

But for me, she was a discernible premium purchase. I suppose like the Atlanta, it took some time adjusting.

Battleships aren't my go-to boats, but I've played them enough to bring home the bacon and survive doing so.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,045 battles

For the enemies health:trollface:

M3tE6H5.jpg

NICE 10/10 would read again!

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,063 posts
30,849 battles

Downvote.

If the Scham was so lethal, I'd already have 50 videos uploaded.

Of course, there's world of difference in coop and random. Coop enemies have a much more lethal aim than random players.

And it was hard to judge it as "the cruiser killer" when its been nothing but a BB Festival since its release.

Today, I've seen the teams have more cruisers now, and I've been able to get a better perspective of her strengths.

Those who love secondaries...that all well and good.

Those of us who prefer to kill the enemy with guns we have aimed-

That's the whole point of aiming our guns.

Albeit, I've gained more respect for the Scham now...I've got a much better consistent handle on her.

What she'll do...where to aim her guns against higher tier battleships, and the like.

But for me, she was a discernible premium purchase. I suppose like the Atlanta, it took some time adjusting.

Battleships aren't my go-to boats, but I've played them enough to bring home the bacon and survive doing so.

A player can own an excellent and even overpowered ship, yet be mediocre or awful in it;  Something isn't meshing right between what should be a good ship with a player.  I'll use myself as an example.  Khabarovsk.  Everyone knows how strong a ship that is.  Yet if you look up my stats on the Khabarovsk, it's beyond abysmal.

You can't downvote and you can't handle the truth.  FACT:

On average, Scharnhorst is:

- FACT: Seeing an extraordinary amount of Battles in a very short time frame, far more than most other Premiums in the same window.  Not even OP Molotov has seen this kind of action within a few days of release.  Only thing similar was Tirpitz when she first came out, "Tirpocalypse."

- FACT: Above 50% Win Rate while Nagato and Colorado are at 48%.

- FACT: 54k average damage, Nagato averaged 49k.  Colorado?  LOL!  42k!

- FACT: Highest XP Average at 1494.  Nagato averages at 1088, Colorado can't even break 1k with 954 average.

- FACT: Tied with Gneisenau as highest K/D Ration with 1.7 for Tier VII BBs.  Nagato averages 1.3, Colorado at 1.0.

- FACT: Tied with Gneisenau as highest Ship Kill average with 1.0.  Nagato averages 0.8, Colorado 0.6.  Personally, I don't care how you do it.  A Kill is a Kill.

- FACT: Scharnhorst has the 2nd highest Plane Kill average with 2.0.  The highest in this category for Tier VII BBs?  Not Colorado, but Gneisenau at 3.1.  Nagato is at 1.3, Colorado is at 1.0.

- FACT: Scharnhorst has average Survival % at 39%.  The best is with Colorado at 40%.  Very, very narrow margin.

- FACT: Scharnhorst has 2nd highest Main Battery Hit with 28%, Gneisenau leads with 31%, Nagato has 25%, Colorado has 24%.

Scharnhorst's statistical performance with thousands and thousands and thousands of Battles played since going live is a very good indicator so far.  She has faced her share of other BBs, to include especially the Tier VIII and IX BBs.

• Cool 1

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

- FACT: Highest XP Average at 1494.  Nagato averages at 1088, Colorado can't even break 1k with 954 average.

I'll agree with the other facts, but this one has a niggle that nullifies it.  Scharnhorst is a premium ship and average exp hasn't been calculated using only base exp since like 0.4.x 

That means the premium camo and possible premium time is skewing the numbers.

Edited by Misniso

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,045 battles

A player can own an excellent and even overpowered ship, yet be mediocre or awful in it;  Something isn't meshing right between what should be a good ship with a player.  I'll use myself as an example.  Khabarovsk.  Everyone knows how strong a ship that is.  Yet if you look up my stats on the Khabarovsk, it's beyond abysmal.

You can't downvote and you can't handle the truth.  FACT:

On average, Scharnhorst is:

- FACT: Seeing an extraordinary amount of Battles in a very short time frame, far more than most other Premiums in the same window.  Not even OP Molotov has seen this kind of action within a few days of release.  Only thing similar was Tirpitz when she first came out, "Tirpocalypse."

- FACT: Above 50% Win Rate while Nagato and Colorado are at 48%.

- FACT: 54k average damage, Nagato averaged 49k.  Colorado?  LOL!  42k!

- FACT: Tied with Gneisenau as highest K/D Ration with 1.7 for Tier VII BBs.  Nagato averages 1.3, Colorado at 1.0.

- FACT: Tied with Gneisenau as highest Ship Kill average with 1.0.  Nagato averages 0.8, Colorado 0.6.  Personally, I don't care how you do it.  A Kill is a Kill.

- FACT: Scharnhorst has the 2nd highest Plane Kill average with 2.0.  The highest in this category for Tier VII BBs?  Not Colorado, but Gneisenau at 3.1.  Nagato is at 1.3, Colorado is at 1.0.

- FACT: Scharnhorst has average Survival % at 39%.  The best is with Colorado at 40%.  Very, very narrow margin.

- FACT: Scharnhorst has 2nd highest Main Battery Hit with 28%, Gneisenau leads with 31%, Nagato has 25%, Colorado has 24%.

Scharnhorst's statistical performance with thousands and thousands and thousands of Battles played since going live is a very good indicator so far.  She has faced her share of other BBs, to include especially the Tier VIII and IX BBs.

SHAZAM-850x560.jpg

Alpha Tester
453 posts
12,115 battles

I'll agree with the other facts, but this one has a niggle that nullifies it.  Scharnhorst is a premium ship and average exp hasn't been calculated using only base exp since like 0.4.x 

That means the premium camo and possible premium time is skewing the numbers.

The number may be inflated by that, but the fact that the Scharnhorst is first or second in every other stat strongly suggests that the base XP would also be higher than the others

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

I stopped grinding the line...the Scharnhorst is literally the perfect ship got me...I can't stop playing it. I'll probably get the Ginny but maybe sometime in the future.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

The number may be inflated by that, but the fact that the Scharnhorst is first or second in every other stat strongly suggests that the base XP would also be higher than the others

Yes, I have no complaints about the Scharnhorst being capable of earning more exp than the other two.  I was just adding some truth to the numbers.  

IOW, it may be better, but it's definitely not 1.5x better.

Edited by Misniso

Sign in to follow this