Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Merlox

Tirpitz vs Bismark 2nd guns.

38 comments in this topic

Members
832 posts
5,277 battles

I know this is going to sound abit nitpicky, but i'm really confused on why the Tirpitz' 2nd guns only have a 4.5 km range while the Bismark has a 7km range on 2nd guns. 

The 2nd guns on these ships are pretty much the same exact things, why is there such a huge difference between the 2 ships in 2nd guns?

Also fair to point out that the Tirpitz 2nd guns have shorter range than the Tier 7 KM battleship.

Edited by Merlox

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I know this is going to sound abit nitpicky, but i'm really confused on why the Tirpitz' 2nd guns only have a 4.5 km range while the Bismark has a 7km range on 2nd guns. 

The 2nd guns on these ships are pretty much the same exact things, why is there such a huge difference between the 2 ships in 2nd guns?

Tirpitz has torps, so i'm guessing Bismarck gets better secondary so it doesn't look like a pay-2-win. 

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,497 battles

because WG does not want a premium ship to outclass a general tech tree ship, because pay to win accusations are not what WG is wanting to achieve.

the Tirpitz' secondaries reload slightly faster than the Bismarck's by the way

Members
832 posts
5,277 battles

It's more of that the Bismark's 2nd guns are the only 7 km guns on a tier 8 battleships, even US / IJN battleships have a 5km range. 

The Bismark already has the better AA / speed when fully upgraded, just kinda surprised that they decided on giving it such a large upgrade. Was expecting a 5 km compared to 4.5 km

Hell, the Tier 9 / 10 US line only get 6km at most, and the IJN start seeing 7km guns at tier 9.

Edited by Merlox

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,497 battles

It's more of that the Bismark's 2nd guns are the only 7 km guns on a tier 8 battleships, even US / IJN battleships have a 5km range. 

The Bismark already has the better AA / speed when fully upgraded, just kinda surprised that they decided on giving it such a large upgrade. Was expecting a 5 km compared to 4.5 km

Hell, the Tier 9 / 10 US line only get 6km at most, and the IJN start seeing 7km guns at tier 9.

Bismarck can not compete with the North Carolina when it comes to AA. He sits squarely in second place for AA, and has half a knot's extra speed. It is less about comparing him to the Tirpitz as it is making a place for him to make his mark in the Tier 8 main line Battleships. The Amagi has the main batteries, the North Carolina has the AA, and the Bismarck has the secondaries
  • Cool 1

Members
832 posts
5,277 battles

It's purely for balance reasons, because the Tirpitz has torpedoes to assist in the short-range defense.

Just feels odd that the Tier 7 KM battleship that also has torpedoes has longer range than the Tirpitz for 2nd guns. 

Beta Testers
336 posts

I still think the Tirptiz should get a 0.5km buff. It wouldn't be much but it would bring secondaries up to "not useless unless I'm hugging the ship" range when paired with other skills and equipment.

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

I think the secondary guns on the Tirpitz are fine given it gets torpedoes. I do wish Tirpitz would get Hydro, though, as it's a much closer brawler than the Bismarck. As for how potent Bismarck secondaries are ... consider how inaccurate and low penetration those guns are at regular battleship ranges (15km) and you'll realize how much of a brawler the german BB line *needs* to be to play effectively.

Members
267 posts
4,277 battles

Just feels odd that the Tier 7 KM battleship that also has torpedoes has longer range than the Tirpitz for 2nd guns. 

that thing has only 6 guns and very low DPM so it needs those secondaries and its torps to be competitive and bring a unique flavour to the game

also those long range secondaries make BB push harder in tier 8+ matches which is sorely needed in the meta of bow on tanking at long range (which the german ships r not as good at due to gun placement and dispersion)

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

The Bismark secondaries are growing on me. Nothing like watching a fireworks display while eating some bratwurst with sauerkraut.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

If you want to talk about that, Amagi also only has 5.0km secondary range

100mm secondary: 5.0km

127mm/38 secondary: 5.0km

127mm/54 secondary: 6.0km

130mm secondary: 6.5km

140mm secondary: 5.0km (should be 6.0 - 6.5km)

Tirpitz 150mm: 4.5km <-- ???

150mm secondary: 7.0km

155mm secondary: 7.0km

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

Members
832 posts
5,277 battles

If you want to talk about that, Amagi also only has 5.0km secondary range

100mm secondary: 5.0km

127mm/38 secondary: 5.0km

127mm/54 secondary: 6.0km

130mm secondary: 6.5km

140mm secondary: 5.0km (should be 6.0 - 6.5km)

Tirpitz 150mm: 4.5km <-- ???

150mm secondary: 7.0km

155mm secondary: 7.0km

This exactly! Thank you. lol

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,306 battles

Bismarck can not compete with the North Carolina when it comes to AA. He sits squarely in second place for AA, and has half a knot's extra speed. It is less about comparing him to the Tirpitz as it is making a place for him to make his mark in the Tier 8 main line Battleships. The Amagi has the main batteries, the North Carolina has the AA, and the Bismarck has the secondaries

stop calling the bismark a "he" nobody cares today about a bunch of old and now dead generals who wanted it called he 
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,306 battles

Bismark's fully upgraded secondaries with my 10 point Captain with 10km range on them and they light up destroyers so easily and that sonar makes sure they never hide from me 

0 posts

Tirpitz has torps, so i'm guessing Bismarck gets better secondary so it doesn't look like a pay-2-win. 

Bismarck also gets a superior Anti-aircraft complement as well when compared to Tirptiz. 

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,905 battles

honestly it would not hurt if tirpitz got hydro, since its secondary's are already inferior to Bismarck. it would just make the playstyle of charging in and torping things much more safer. 

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,306 battles

honestly it would not hurt if tirpitz got hydro, since its secondary's are already inferior to Bismarck. it would just make the playstyle of charging in and torping things much more safer. 

no, that would otherwise make the bismark pointless to get. If you wanna charge with torps, play a destroyer
Edited by Cpt_Ice

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,306 battles

Bismarck also gets a superior Anti-aircraft complement as well when compared to Tirptiz. 

Sadly, even fully upgraded like me, she can't shoot more then 2 squads fast enough to survive torps and bombs

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,306 battles

SONAR?

yes, Bismark gets sonar search which reveals torps and destroyers in fog, it's wunderbar!
Edited by Cpt_Ice

[WOLF5]
Members
39,253 posts
31,549 battles

SONAR?

Yes, Bismarck gets access to German Hydroacoustic consumables.  Good enough for me to take ver II of it.

Currently, I switched my Bismarck to Secondary Spec but lacking in the manual trait.  That, with TADS, Vigilance, Hydroacoustic (which runs much, much longer than radar) helps in pushing into DDs and ample enough warning against torpedoes to mitigate their effects.  If they want to try to camp Bismarck in smoke, bad move, because the hydro will detect them and my Secondaries start ripping into them again.  If Hydroacoustic is on CD, then I launch a Cat Fighter to help in spotting, early warning.  At least with Bismarck, she is the only BB I have played that I'm quite willing to continue advancing against a DD in smoke.

What I've found that if Bismarck gets a push going with her as a centerpiece, she's absolutely amazing.  Amazing secondaries so she can engage multiple opponents (secondaries on one, mains on another for example).  Hydroacoustic to help against DDs and torps, especially since the supporting Cruisers may have slotted Defensive Fire.  But if she tries to lead a push and the support isn't there, she gets devoured real quick like any other BB.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

You Pay Money For Consumables ? Even I would never do that 

You can buy premium consumables with credits.

It's either 25G or 22,500Cr.

Sign in to follow this