Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Abcsam

Just wants to crash my PC...

14 comments in this topic

[AOWAR]
[AOWAR]
Members
201 posts
5,773 battles

I think the game just crushed my two 980 ti's... If you have on board graphics you wont crash tell you load a game. But looking at logs this game just taxed my cards and blew em up. 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Hey, you have 128 posts. 

[AOWAR]
[AOWAR]
Members
201 posts
5,773 battles

i could be wrong but i bet a lot of people are crashing right now. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Since this is the only post like this so far ; I doubt it .  By the way were you using SLI for the two GPU's ?  If so WoWs does not actually support SLI and I have seen posts about that causing problems .

[NDA]
Beta Testers, Beta Testers
1,096 posts
11,233 battles

Having issues also. Everything loads but screen and controls frozen. All worked fine till I entered the last battle.

If your having issues try exiting game and do an integrity check

[WOLFD]
Members
976 posts

Hey news flash, windows did something in the May update that makes my game only playable in the windowed mode.  if I try to play full screen the game crashes and locks my computer up.  Not the video cards fault, not wows fault. 

The last windows update stopped my mic from working, still working through that fix. speakers work, headphones work, but it system now turns the mic off for no known reason.

Blame windows 10.

[VFW]
Members
1,658 posts
37,457 battles

Hey news flash, windows did something in the May update that makes my game only playable in the windowed mode.  if I try to play full screen the game crashes and locks my computer up.  Not the video cards fault, not wows fault. 

The last windows update stopped my mic from working, still working through that fix. speakers work, headphones work, but it system now turns the mic off for no known reason.

Blame windows 10.

Axel,

I have that same problem!   I've tried everything that I know to fix it but to no avail.  Other mics, drivers, reloaded audio software, USB sound adapter...nothing worked.   I thought I was the only one in this case.

No solutions to give though, hope someone else has a solution.

With respect.

Alpha Tester
10 posts
729 battles

Same on my Win 10, but didn't happen until the Anniversary Update. If I play full screen, WOWS hangs the computer when exiting or alt-tabbing the game. Tried different versions of Nvidia drivers thinking that might  be it, but did not help. Have to use the Windowed Full screen mode now. Hope WG can reproduce this and fix. Using a 750-TI video card.

Members
147 posts
5,738 battles

Same on my Win 10, but didn't happen until the Anniversary Update. If I play full screen, WOWS hangs the computer when exiting or alt-tabbing the game. Tried different versions of Nvidia drivers thinking that might  be it, but did not help. Have to use the Windowed Full screen mode now. Hope WG can reproduce this and fix. Using a 750-TI video card.

The Anniversary update when downloaded automatically was known to have bugs in it. WOWS wasn't the only program affected by it and the official advise from Microsoft on the problem was to download the ISO version of the update and install it via flashdrive or USB or roll back to a previous stable build and disable auto updates. I had the same issue and was able to track the problem to the way that Anniversary Update changed how the system handled Cached information and also a change with how Windows Defender acts now.

Members
6,886 posts
14,856 battles

But looking at logs this game just taxed my cards and blew em up. 

No - the game is NOT blowing up 2 980's.  It may not support SLI but that is not remotely the same thing as you posted.  If it was a widespread issue the forums would be flooded.

[DCMA]
Beta Testers
1,938 posts
27,728 battles

I think the game just crushed my two 980 ti's... If you have on board graphics you wont crash tell you load a game. But looking at logs this game just taxed my cards and blew em up.

This game only supports one card and does not support SLI. I use dual 660 Ti cards and only one is ever used at a time, the game does make the card heat up but I use a third party program to control my fans and it keeps the temps under control.

Sign in to follow this