You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Warmatt16

Were the Olympics a missed opportunity?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Was Rio a missed opportunity for Wargaming to introduce a Brazilian BB?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which ship would you think best suited to add?

• Minas Geraes
    • Sao Paulo
    • Rio de Janeiro (HMS Agincourt)

5 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
30 posts
6,273 battles

The 2 questions are clear. Were the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro a missed opportunity for Wargaming to place a Brazilian Premium Battleship in game? If so, which ship? It may seem odd at first to add a Brazilian BB but in the early Dreadnaught Era, Brazil, Argentina, and several other South American countries had a bit of an arms race going. While they didn't produce the ships at home they DID purchase (or had the intention of purchasing) very good ships from America and Britain. Two sterling examples are the Minas Geraes Class and the Rio de Janeiro (though Rio never ended up in Brazilian hands, as the HMS Agincourt she served Britain well and fought at Jutland...plus the obvious 2016 Olympic connection by name). Both would fit well into tier 4 or possibly tier 5 in Rios case (keeping in mind that even with smaller 12 inch guns she had 7 turrets that could all be brought to bare at once). Look up some info on the options (Minas Geraes, Sao Paulo, and HMS Agincourt) then cast a vote.

Stats:

Minas Geraes Class (Minas Geraes and Sao Paulo)

12 inch main battery (12 in 6 turrets)

120mm secondary battery (22)

3 pounder secondary battery (8)

up to 305mm of armor

21.5 knot top speed

Rio de Janeiro

12 inch main battery (14 in 7 turrets)

6 inch secondary battery (20)

76mm secondary battery (10)

up to 305mm of armor

22 knot top speed

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,155 battles

Brazilian ships most likely to be included in a 'South American Powers' tech tree proposed last week-ish...Doubt they'll ever have an independent tree,

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
964 posts
2,130 battles

I don't want another Blys that will most definitely not get a tech tree, essentially making any xp earned in her time wasted. No future for the captain, it's just some extra credits. Plus premiums that have actual tech trees both make money and act as captain trainers, making it kinda pointless except as a money grab. I don't want another tab there to be pretty much for only one ship again. I think Blys was enough.

Edited by My_Other_Car_Is_A_Tank

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
30 posts
6,273 battles

I wasn't suggesting an independent tree. A Brazilian BB could be an opener for the combined South American tree like the Lo Yang/Anshan DDs for the Pan Asian tree. And I do agree, lone ship tabs are not something I want either. Hence opening the door for future SA ships in an actual tree.

Edited by Warmatt16

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

I just love the poll system on these forums. If my opinion to question 1 is no, I can't not-select an answer for 2 since it's required to choose one.