You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DasBootcamp

Please, PLEASE implement ELO

51 comments in this topic

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,119 battles

Please install some form of ELO for ships that have a below average queue time. I could see there being a wait limit before it throws you into any game, but these weekend warriors are burning the bottom of the patience barrel. A team of 43% or less players that don't do anything for the objective and ride the borders the entire game.

It wouldn't be so bad if half of them would actually chat, but they just sit there permanently zoomed in launching torps at things that are 25km away. Please give me ELO.

:child::tea_cap::panic_fish::izmena::red_button::popcorn:

• Cool 1

Members
90 posts
9,110 battles

ELO?  Electric Light Orchestra?  Some easy listening while you're waiting in queue...I like it.

Awww, don't bring him down.
  • Cool 6

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

We all need bad players to farm.  The only time people rage about bad players is when they aren't being carried to victory.

• Cool 9

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,205 battles

You got him thinkin' that he is wasting his time! :teethhappy:
  • Cool 3

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

Because penalizing people for playing with friends of a different skill level is a better option... :sceptic:

Members
4,535 posts
16,606 battles

We all need bad players to farm.  The only time people rage about bad players is when they aren't being carried to victory.

Yeah, and they took away the AP at Tier 1 and the ability for me to use my Umikaze to farm and seal club.  I hate WG.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,834 battles

I'm with Pope on this.   A match filled with superstars isn't as much fun since you don't get numerous ships driving broadside to BBs, not turning away from your CV planes, or forgetting there is 'torpedoes in the water.'

These players give us all that internal high five moment when we smash them with the three cit devastating strike. 

It sucks when they are on your team and die in the first 30 seconds or sit doing circles in the back corner, but really it's fair for everyone as what goes around comes around.

• Cool 2

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,119 battles

That's what ranked and team battles are for. Randoms should remain the way they are.

fa9FaRK.gif

If they had ranked all the time that would be more valid. Or team battles. Or clans. It's those special moments when you mess up and die in the first 7 minutes and still come out number 1 on the team in an Atlanta.

I don't rage about losing, I rage about people who don't play the game they're in. When you're playing dom I don't see the point of riding the borders and doing nothing. The total lack of communication is the frosting on the cake and no one here is going to say they haven't complained about the same thing at least once. It wouldn't be hard to match people in your own W/L category until you move up or down.

Beta Testers
1,465 posts
4,344 battles

ELO won't fix a damn thing.

Just ask Mechwarrior online how well that worked out for them (Guess what? It Didn't)

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

The last thing this game needs is some type of SIMM type of thing. AW tried something like that once and it was a MASSIVE failure.

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

ELO?  Electric Light Orchestra?  Some easy listening while you're waiting in queue...I like it.

Hold on tight to your dreams
  • Cool 1

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

The last thing this game needs is some type of SIMM type of thing. AW tried something like that once and it was a MASSIVE failure.

To be fair though... aren't most things AW tries a massive failure the first time they try to do something? I tried to get into that game and it just couldn't hold my attention so I am going off what I've heard about it's evolution since I last played.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

To be fair though... aren't most things AW tries a massive failure the first time they try to do something? I tried to get into that game and it just couldn't hold my attention so I am going off what I've heard about it's evolution since I last played.

*sighs* Yeah...pretty much...for a game with so much promise, they really royally messed up... :(

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,644 battles

Yeah, and they took away the AP at Tier 1 and the ability for me to use my Umikaze to farm and seal club.  I hate WG.

To be honest, it's even easier to sealclub at T1 now. You never have to worry about having to fight against T2 ships and the matches are usually never full so 3 ship divisions, instead of getting tossed into a T2 game, can wreck with impunity.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Another elitist gamer who doesn't grasp the fact that his WR is only over 50% because he has the opportunity to farm against noobs and less skilled players.  I for one would love an ELO system because it would keep me with my peeps and maybe, just maybe I could sniff 50% :trollface:

• Cool 1

[ROCKR]
Members
368 posts

Hold on tight to your dreams

After last night's horrific mm, I think I've turned to stone...

I just can't get these quotes out of my head...it's an evil thing.

Edited by Bonfire79
  • Cool 2

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

I just can't get these quotes out of my head...it's an evil thing.

In all this "Confusion" during the "showdown" I'm shocked that "I'm Alive",  But when I fired my guns, it was like a "Sweet Talkin' Woman" so "Hold on Tight" because we are heading to "Eldorado".
  • Cool 2