trashpanda_oO0OoO0OoO0Oo

So, Do you want a Scharnhorst?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

80 posts in this topic

Ok here is my entry in the contest. 

Kami R on Fault Line, managed to sink 4 German Battles ship, slightly damaged a 5th total damage to the German pride 135,524. 

fAVMBez.jpg

zBv2CZ4.jpg

zEm7nsw.jpg

...welp, there go my dreams. :hiding:

Unless maybe I work my way up to Minekaze and suddenly become amazing at DDs. (...yeah, no.)

...welp, there go my dreams. :hiding:

Unless maybe I work my way up to Minekaze and suddenly become amazing at DDs. (...yeah, no.)

The MM plays a huge role, then you have to capitalize. Reds score will be tough to follow but there is a second place and you never know the stars could align:)

The MM plays a huge role, then you have to capitalize. Reds score will be tough to follow but there is a second place and you never know the stars could align:)

Right now, I have second place...XD Somewhat by default as there's only the two scores so far (I edited in an actual submission into my first post, in case you hadn't noticed), but hey.

Still going to keep trying for first place - Scharnhorst is something I'd buy for myself if I could, but I don't have the funds available right now and probably won't before the sale ends, so very much want - but I haven't had a damage total period that matches Red's score up until now (highest damage done in one battle: 125,799), so that kind of ridiculous number is a bit disheartening. There's always the hope of another contest with a Scharnhorst prize, though.

Come to think of it, when you say "Campbeltown or equivalent in doubloons," do you mean "your choice of Campbeltown or Doubloons", or is it "Campbeltown, or Doubloons if you already have it"?

Come to think of it, when you say "Campbeltown or equivalent in doubloons," do you mean "your choice of Campbeltown or Doubloons", or is it "Campbeltown, or Doubloons if you already have it"?

I will give anybody Doubloons over a prize if they prefer it, some people may not want a low tier prem and if you sell it all you get is Creds. Or I can gift the equivalent in Doubs and players can save them up and buy something they want, like the Atago:). If a player already owns the gifted prem they get Doubloons. Makes no difference to me one way or the other, but If i could only have one premium in game it would be Atlanta or Atago and you can save up for those with Doubs.

Still going to keep trying for first place - Scharnhorst is something I'd buy for myself if I could, but I don't have the funds available right now and probably won't before the sale ends, so very much want - but I haven't had a damage total period that matches Red's score up until now (highest damage done in one battle: 125,799), so that kind of ridiculous number is a bit disheartening. There's always the hope of another contest with a Scharnhorst prize, though.

I'm going to brainstorm and come up with a way that will even the playing field, wanted to do a T1 AP contest for this but WG nerfed the Hermelin:(, regardless it is still a game and rewarding skill and performance is as good a metric that exists. Scharn will come up for sale again if you miss out on her this time, or WG will release some other awesome new ship.

Make sure you post a score though, I won't be posting mine for obvious reasons but I rarely put up a number like Red did even when Im trying to kill any red ship on the map:D.

My first entry - 97,247

wows replay link

05hqjiP.jpg

4zWz9ij.jpg

This is highly situational - it's fun to try and I congratulate those putting in the big scores

Edited by collisionSpace

I will give anybody Doubloons over a prize if they prefer it, some people may not want a low tier prem and if you sell it all you get is Creds. Or I can gift the equivalent in Doubs and players can save them up and buy something they want, like the Atago:). If a player already owns the gifted prem they get Doubloons. Makes no difference to me one way or the other, but If i could only have one premium in game it would be Atlanta or Atago and you can save up for those with Doubs.

I'm going to brainstorm and come up with a way that will even the playing field, wanted to do a T1 AP contest for this but WG nerfed the Hermelin:(, regardless it is still a game and rewarding skill and performance is as good a metric that exists. Scharn will come up for sale again if you miss out on her this time, or WG will release some other awesome new ship.

Make sure you post a score though, I won't be posting mine for obvious reasons but I rarely put up a number like Red did even when Im trying to kill any red ship on the map:D.

I think the new HE should still work though, because everything is nerfed it would be even harder to get high damage counts in low tier games :)

This was such a good game but I missed the last set of torpedoes so I'm still behind Red by like 1500 dmg ;_;

y u so pro red

TOTAL DAMAGE: 134461

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/14386

LmbGbUn.jpg

LnaHTHb.jpg

This was such a good game but I missed the last set of torpedoes so I'm still behind Red by like 1500 dmg ;_;

y u so pro red

LmbGbUn.jpg

LnaHTHb.jpg

dayum rumble wd:playing:

y u so pro red

LmbGbUn.jpg

LnaHTHb.jpg

Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna have to keep playing to get a better score than my present one. :amazed:

Nice game by the way. 

Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna have to keep playing to get a better score than my present one. :amazed:

Nice game by the way. 

thx, I was really excited to get over your score but then the konig enabled its wasd hax  :(

thx, I was really excited to get over your score but then the konig enabled its wasd hax  :(

I would have had a better score if the first Kaiser I saw hadn't used WASD hax to dodge my wave of torps into him. But the joke was on him, he WASD right into another wave of torps from a friendly destroyer. 

I'd like to think I played a small part in this, if even only minuscule :) . Its like a perfect storm, offer a cool ship and have about 10000 BBs in the que:D

cfg5BUx.png

I think the new HE should still work though, because everything is nerfed it would be even harder to get high damage counts in low tier games :)

I think if/when I do this again Im going to let players submit three, maybe five scores and then take an average. Make rewards based off of a either avg base exp or damage over a set amount of games. Edited by slak__

I'll be very disappointed if someone gets a damage count between Red and myself

pls let me get a prize

spare my 2nd place

Edited by RumblingMouse

I'll be very disappointed if someone gets a damage count between Red and myself

pls let me get a prize

spare my 2nd place

We still have many days left:playing:

Edited by slak__

We still have many days left:playing:

:(

What happens if you get a higher score than red and I? do you buy yourself a (another) scharn? lol

Edited by RumblingMouse

What if you made a contest of the most planes shot down in a ship that has super low (but still has) AA (such as Kamikaze R), or better yet, most planes shot down in a carrier without fighters (so basically strike loadout American CV, probably the bogue) or most planes shot down with tail gunners?

Or most citadels with an Umikaze/Sampson or any *low tier* ship that has super bad AP

:trollface:

im so ebil mueheeheh

Edited by RumblingMouse

What if you made a contest of the most planes shot down in a ship that has super low (but still has) AA, or better yet, most planes shot down in a carrier without fighters or most planes shot down with tail gunners?

Or most citadels with an Umikaze/Sampson or any *low tier* ship that has super bad AP

:trollface:

im so ebil mueheeheh

someone did a Umi Secondaries contest:)

someone did a Umi Secondaries contest:)

WHAT WHERE

you should do one :3

Edited by RumblingMouse

D:

I doesn't has the moneys to buy a Scharnie, but there's no way I'm passing 100k damage just to German BBs in a tier 5...

;_;

--IronDuke

Huh, I almost did. This will be my entry for the time being. I may achieve a better result sometime next week though.

Here's the detailed report.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pHEJAc5KNcZ25idzNyU0x2XzA

And here's the replay.

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/14520

Total damage to German ships is 98,063. Why is everyone scared of Kaisers? And I was in the Omaha, of all things. XD

If I do get a better score, should I make a new post or edit this one?

--IronDuke

Edited bcuz I forgettened ze total damagez 2 Deutsch schiffs.

Edited by IronDuke17

Max damage for a game, only damage to German Battleships will count. For an entry to count the replay must be uploaded to WoWs Replay. I will verify the winners by watching the replay.

Contest starts immediately after the patch and runs till 23:59 EST Wednesday August 23, so one week after the patch.

technically the patch was released in morning of Wednesday so you should reduce the time to midnight of Tuesday or early morning Wednesday :3