metalhualer5165

German carriers will they be added

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

106 posts in this topic

Wargaming are you planning on adding German carriers to WoWs in a line or a premium ship. If anyone else thinks that German carriers may be a good idea to add this ship class to the German tech tree in a premium or a line let's talk about it. I think that adding German CVs will add more diversity to WoWs in gameplay and choices of every player in the game.

They're probably gonna come eventually, but it's gonna be a few years.

doubt it, Germany only had 1 CV design. SO maybe they might make the Graf Zeplin a premium CV, but given how Everyone complained how OP the Saipan was, I doubt WG would even do this as well!:read_fish:

Well its an idea plus the saipan is a tier 7 with tier 9 planes. The Graf Zeppelin could be a tier 7 carrier premium with tier 8 or tier 7 planes. 

In M.J Whitley's German Capital Ships of World War II, there are 4 other alternative designs discussed, two large Atlantic raider carriers with heavy guns (11-inch in two turrets forward of the flight deck-hybrid carriers that could handle about 36 navalized airplanes like the Bf109 and the Ju87) and two light fleet carrier types that could handle between 24 and 36 aircraft each depending on the load-out required for the mission. That gives you a range from about Tier 5 to Tier 10 including Graf Zepplin. It would be interesting to see these in the game, especially the hybrids. Who knows? WoWs does weird things sometimes

doubt it, Germany only had 1 CV design. SO maybe they might make the Graf Zeplin a premium CV, but given how Everyone complained how OP the Saipan was, I doubt WG would even do this as well!:read_fish:

And russians had 1 cruiser and 1 dd but that didn't stop WG for making 2 entire lines

Also they said that they will make another prem CV since saipan didn't broke the game ( see QandAs )

Edited by PrinzMakaay

There were enough designs to fill out a complete lineup for the Kriegsmarine but in light of the present CV predicament I don't see anyone rushing to welcome a new CV line, mind you the RN had a much more credible lineup.

In M.J Whitley's German Capital Ships of World War II, there are 4 other alternative designs discussed, two large Atlantic raider carriers with heavy guns (11-inch in two turrets forward of the flight deck-hybrid carriers that could handle about 36 navalized airplanes like the Bf109 and the Ju87) and two light fleet carrier types that could handle between 24 and 36 aircraft each depending on the load-out required for the mission. That gives you a range from about Tier 5 to Tier 10 including Graf Zepplin. It would be interesting to see these in the game, especially the hybrids. Who knows? WoWs does weird things sometimes

That is a very good way of thinking of the tier system something different than tier 4 to 10. Tier 5 to 10 or Tier 6 to 10 CVs for the germans would be something different.

Certainly possible, but I can't see them tackling German CVs until they've done RN CVs AND German DDs, two lines that have much more basis in actual, historically constructed ships.

So I suspect it will be quite a while before they get to a full German CV line, if ever.

A one-off German premium CV would be more probable, IMHO.

Edited by ForgMaxtor

Certainly possible, but I can't see them tackling German CVs until they've done RN CVs AND German DDs, two lines that have much more basis in actual, historically constructed ships.

So I suspect it will be quite a while before they get to a full German CV line, if ever.

A one-off German premium CV would be more probable, IMHO.

I think that WG would add the german CVs after these two as well

WG should take it easy on paper ships. So as others have stayed, the Graf Zeppelin was the closest Germany got to launching a carrier, so perhaps bringing her into the game as a Premium. 

The next Carrier line should be RN as the third most sifnificant carrier naval power after US and IJN. 

The second carrier lines or CVE lines for IJN and US ate more historically relavant.

There was one Ar 197 premium aircraft back when WoWP had Carrier-based Fighter designation...it was removed because there was only one plane with that designation in the German tree, ever: Itself. It was only reinstated after the "Multirole fighters" category that encompasses ordnance-capable fighters was introduced...

I wouldn't be so sure about one-off premium in an established tree...it makes the specialized crew for the said one-off unusable elsewhere.

You can bet WoWS will eventually offer, at least, a premium Graf Zeppelin.

There will be plenty of players willing to pay for one.

Premiums are one of the most lucrative methods for WG to get players to part with their money.

You can bet WoWS will eventually offer, at least, a premium Graf Zeppelin.

There will be plenty of players willing to pay for one.

Premiums are one of the most lucrative methods for WG to get players to part with their money.

^ True. Graf Zeppelin is the only German CV they almost complete. And other 4 German CV are: German CV 1 (1942) & German CV 2 (made out of incomplete French cruiser De Grasse never finish), & on paper Jade-class CV. With German Cruiser Seyditz the Fourth Hipper was incomplete trying to make into CV but scrap. If they had more time to finish them in time they could made a difference. 

^ True. Graf Zeppelin is the only German CV they almost complete. And other 4 German CV are: German CV 1 (1942) & German CV 2 (made out of incomplete French cruiser De Grasse never finish), & on paper Jade-class CV. With German Cruiser Seyditz the Fourth Hipper was incomplete trying to make into CV but scrap. If they had more time to finish them in time they could made a difference. 

Lol, the only difference completed CVs would have made for Germany in WW2 would have been denying steel and machinists to the construction of tanks, meaning the Russians roll them harder and the iron curtain would have been further west than IRL. 

But, it would make a German CV line a higher probability if they had.

All that said, I think Graf Zepplin will happen eventually (it should print $$! For WG). There are enough carrier designs and proposed conversions to fudge a full carrier line (this is also true of France and Russia, not sure about Italy). The bigger issue is the shortage of appropriate aircraft for the carriers  (except for France). The largest issue is the presently sorry state of carrier gameplay. If WG can actually make the interface fun/easy to use and if they can ever figure out exactly what it is they want CVs to *do* in game  (in such a manner that makes a fair slice of the player base willing to play them), then we are far more likely to see new CV lines added.

Lol, the only difference completed CVs would have made for Germany in WW2 would have been denying steel and machinists to the construction of tanks, meaning the Russians roll them harder and the iron curtain would have been further west than IRL. 

But, it would make a German CV line a higher probability if they had.

All that said, I think Graf Zepplin will happen eventually (it should print $$! For WG). There are enough carrier designs and proposed conversions to fudge a full carrier line (this is also true of France and Russia, not sure about Italy). The bigger issue is the shortage of appropriate aircraft for the carriers  (except for France). The largest issue is the presently sorry state of carrier gameplay. If WG can actually make the interface fun/easy to use and if they can ever figure out exactly what it is they want CVs to *do* in game  (in such a manner that makes a fair slice of the player base willing to play them), then we are far more likely to see new CV lines added.

What I said is a maybe or What if. Beside just Graf Zeppelin only premium CV things may get boring. At least with Graf Zeppelin can we have German CV 2 or On paper Jade class CV?

What I said is a maybe or What if. Beside just Graf Zeppelin only premium CV things may get boring. At least with Graf Zeppelin can we have German CV 2 or On paper Jade class CV?

I confess to being a bit troll-ish with the first part of my reply

The last paragraph though I think should give you some hope. As I understand it, there are enough plans, designs conversions, etc. to make a German (and Russian and French, possibly Italian too) CV line. What WG presently lacks is a sufficient array of possible carrier capable aircraft to ride around on those CVs.

*IF* WG can make carrier play some how fun and engaging for a decent chunk of the player base (and have the rest of the players only moderately up in arms about the fact that people "dare to ruin their games with carriers" :sceptic:) then I think you'll see a way found to include the more obscure possible CV lines (probably with just blatant digital conversions of land based planes where necessary).

So, here's to hoping WG can fix the interface, reasonably balance CVs and that the (likely) premium Graf Zeppelin is enough of a success to drag German CVs into digital existence some day (as I like new ships of most any sort as long as they're reasonably balanced). 

Link to another Forum: http://forum.worldof...0#entry2299040​ What I said on this Forum:

View Posthipcanuck, on 02 September 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

Jade, Seydlitz (Wesser I think), Graf Zep and Europa were the only planned carriers or conversions that were considered, all of which had limited aircraft compliments, with the Graf and the Europa being the only carriers operating more than 20ish planes, and then only 30-40. Realistically anything over tier 6 is grasping at thin air from a plane compliment point of view. Of course, WG could make the German planes indestructible so you could have a tier 10 with 40 aircraft lol.

^ I agree with u on everything. The Question is how many Squadrons for the German CV: 5 or less/more?  Graf Zep: 41 planes of  Arado Ar 19​ or/upgrade to ​Bf 109 F dive & torp JU 87 D-4. German CV 1915 (Ausonia) had 23 to 30 of fighters, torp, & dive. Europa: 24 Bf 109 T & 18 JU 87 C dive bomber. German CV 2 (Half finish French Cruiser): 11 Bf 109 T & 12 Ju 87 D. Jade: 12 of Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. Weser: 10 of  Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. If WG going to put them in as a nomal or 2 or 3  Premium ships witch of 6 German CV that is the Question. This goes up to tier 9 missing a 10.

Link to another Forum: http://forum.worldof...0#entry2299040​ What I said on this Forum:

^ I agree with u on everything. The Question is how many Squadrons for the German CV: 5 or less/more?  Graf Zep: 41 planes of  Arado Ar 19​ or/upgrade to ​Bf 109 F dive & torp JU 87 D-4. German CV 1915 (Ausonia) had 23 to 30 of fighters, torp, & dive. Europa: 24 Bf 109 T & 18 JU 87 C dive bomber. German CV 2 (Half finish French Cruiser): 11 Bf 109 T & 12 Ju 87 D. Jade: 12 of Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. Weser: 10 of  Bf 109 E & Ju 87 D. If WG going to put them in as a nomal or 2 or 3  Premium ships witch of 6 German CV that is the Question. This goes up to tier 9 missing a 10.

Germany is probably going to be like the America of the Axis. They had some very good fighter planes (like the Fw. 190 and the Bf. 109), but they were not so great in terms of torpedo aircraft (most were land-based heavy bombers). However, I expect German dive bombers to be excellent, as the Stuka was one of the most fearsome dive bombers of all time (even if it wasn't because of the bomb it carried, but the psychological warfare associated with the high-pitched demonic screech of the plane as it attacked a target. Personally, I don't think that Stukas should suffer panic circles, as the screech from the bombing should scare the AAA crews and suppress their fire. Same with the one of the US planes modified to do the same thing. I've actually listened to the Stuka, and it would be absolutely terrifying to have that coming towards you.)

For torpedo bombers, I think they should use Fw 190 F-8/U3, since the real Graf Zeppelin was going to use biplane torpedo bombers, and compared to the Stuka and the Bf 109, that isn't going to work well in a high tier game, so using the F-8/U3 is going to be a better option since it'll be on the same level as the other aircraft being used.

For torpedo bombers, I think they should use Fw 190 F-8/U3, since the real Graf Zeppelin was going to use biplane torpedo bombers, and compared to the Stuka and the Bf 109, that isn't going to work well in a high tier game, so using the F-8/U3 is going to be a better option since it'll be on the same level as the other aircraft being used.

^ I agree.