Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vonKaiser

vonKaiser's Random Gaming Moments

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

107 posts in this topic

I've been uploading various replays for ages, even way back when I used to play World of Tanks.  I've done the same for Warships and have been using them as examples in various discussions on how to play certain ships.  I had uploaded a video to The Mighty Jingles for his 500k subscriber contest, which, against all odds and my expectations, actually placed high enough to win in one of his categories. 

I went from pretty much 0 subscribers to just shy of 200 almost overnight.  So, in an effort to put more effort in for those players who have watched and who may enjoy, I've actually uploaded some replays with commentary.  To be fair it's a bit nerve wracking to say the least.  Always have had some serious anxiety when it comes to public speaking, and the thought of speaking... well... to the internet, didn't exactly make it any better.  But part of life is getting over your fears right?

With that said my first ever video with commentary :ohmy:  I plan on doing this format going forward, want to put a little more effort into my replays, but seeing as I lack any skills with editing, graphics or...  Well..  Anything of that nature really, this will be the best I can do while learning how to make better quality, perhaps funnier video's.  Hope you all enjoy, any critiques things I might be doing wrong perhaps, please let me know, I'm new to all this and still learning.

Edited by vonKaiser

Video with commentary #2! This time featuring the Yubari.  Mainly chose this one because I don't see too many of the ship in game and I've come to enjoy my times out with her

Edited by vonKaiser

A recent addition.  I know everyones on and on about German BB's but since I haven't been able to play them due to a bad work schedule, here's a video on the Arizona lol

Edited by vonKaiser

Another addition tonight.   I should be sleeping but couldn't resist the call of the German Battleships any longer, so, I took my Scharnhorst out for it's maiden sea trial.  I might have gotten a bit spoiled by her, but if this game is any indication to how she'll do and I can get better at her?  Well she's going to sit nicely next to my Arizona lol

Edited by vonKaiser

Yet another video, but this one I've been wanting to do for awhile vonKaiser in the Kaiser!!!  Early game in the Kaiser, still getting used to it but I haven't played it as much as I've wanted simply due to the queue times being so long at that tier.  Plus being so overpopulated with German BB's it's hard to get a feel for how the ship will perform in a normal battle.  But hopefully RNg was just trolling me a bit this game, if the guns were a bit more accurate she'd be an absolute terror on the high seas

Edited by vonKaiser

A first time out video, this time featuring the new König Tier V Battleship.  More modernized, no wing turrets, much the same layout as the New Mexico and New York with regards to the turrets.  Given the right circumstances and playstyle I can see why so many like her

Edited by vonKaiser

A video on a re-evaluation of the Tier 4 Battleship Kaiser.  After adjusting my playstyle to the ship instead of trying to force it to play the way I like I seem to be doing a bit better with her.

Edited by vonKaiser

Next up, the Bayern.  Had to get this up before I disappeared into the world of Battlefield 1 lol

Edited by vonKaiser

Knife fighting in the Scharnhorst.  Torpedo dodging, armor angling fun.  This game ranks up in my top moments of fun and adrenaline pounding moments in World of Warships to date.  1 Enemy destroyer, 2 enemy Cruisers and an enemy Bayern all in a battle for C point.  Sometimes channeling my inner Leroy Jenkins works out instead of just meaning a quick trip back to port while my ship sinks :great:

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/15899-vonKaiser-Trap

Edited by vonKaiser

Another video in the 1st time out series, this time featuring...  The NASSAU!!!  Yeah I know, it's late and that should have been the first one I did but I couldn't stand waiting 5 minutes for a battle when the German ships launched.  Free x'pd my way up the line a bit so I'd have better matchmaking times.  But, today I realized I passed her by but she's still sitting in my port neglected and unplayed.  Well just had to fix that now didn't I?

Edited by vonKaiser

And another.  This time featuring General Sherman's favorite target, the Atlanta.  (I know it's been out forever, but I recently bought it on a whim so it's new to me)

Edited by vonKaiser

1st time out with the new Premium Tier 3 Battleship,

König Albert.  ince it's a relatively new ship I figure I should give a bit of a breakdown

Tier 4 Stock Kaiser, dropped down into the Tier 3 and with a wide turn radius and slow rudder shift.  Same guns of the Kaiser making her one of the heaviest hitters of the tier, but again, same guns as the Kaiser so Dispersion is going to be a major issue.  Torpedo protections bad so watch out for destroyers, AA is horrible, so watch out for Carriers as well.  But... If you have the Kaiser, if you like the Kaiser, and ever wondered what this ship would be like at Tier 3?  Then the Albert is definitely for you.:izmena:

Edited by vonKaiser

This video is a little on the different side then usual, first and foremost being that it was a co-op game, second being it's not my 1st time in a ship, it's my first time in the game mode. 

I was grinding out Rise of the Machines achievement when the Matchmaker decided to throw an entire new game mode at me on top of it all.  I managed to scrape together a decent performance for my first time but had it been players and not bots this would have made for a very, very short video.  But, with all the mistakes I made and now that I know what NOT to do when I run into this game mode in PvP I like to think I'll be a bit more prepared. 

Edited by vonKaiser

Last of the first timeout videos for now.  all caught up in the German Battleship line so need to grind out the Gneisenau and get my hands on the Bismarck, will probably be working towards that this weekend

Edited by vonKaiser

The curse of the Konig Albert is over, finally managed to get a good game with her.  All the other games I'd been hunted down relentlessly by DD's and hadn't been able to perform to the ships potential, but that finally changed and even gave me a win in a string of losses lol

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/17030

Edited by vonKaiser

Another 1st time out video, and finally something other then a German Battleship, instead Japanese Battleship :teethhappy:  The Tier 6 Fuso has just been purchased.  I spent far longer grinding the Kongo then I'd like to admit simply because I'm not especially good with the long range aiming that's required.  But with the anniversary sale I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy a new ship

Edited by vonKaiser

Two new videos up today, a first time out video featuring the Tier 2 USN DD Smith that I've been sitting on forever and some cruiser gameplay that I haven't uploaded recently due to so many BB things going on in game lol

Edited by vonKaiser

One last bit of Smith replay footage and showing exactly how annoying it can be to the enemy team

Edited by vonKaiser

I didn't know the numbers could go this high in the Atlanta O_O

Edited by vonKaiser

Another 1st time out video, the Bismarck, so happy i finally got her

Edited by vonKaiser

So it looks like I got the Bismarck just in time for Ranked.  Good thing too, considering my options at Tier 8 are rather... lacking to say the least lol. 

Edited by vonKaiser

I gotta start playing something other than the Bismarck, gonna bore everyone on my channel to death lol.  But a last one before I try to diversify.  This one i uploaded due to how close the game was.  Only reason we won was due to killing the entire enemy team, down about 400 points at the end.  But thanks to Hydro-acoustic Search, I manage to make a last minute charge, light up the remaing two DD's and finally take out the remaining enemy New Orleans.  It was a bit of a white knuckle battle until the end.

Edited by vonKaiser

So, in order to save everyone from my constant Bismarck video's I started poking around in my port and looking for ships I hadn't taken out in quite some time.  Enter the......  Yubari!!!

Seriously, each time I take the ship out I like it and do semi-decently with it.  Not many do however.  I tend to play it as an oversized DD instead of a cruiser though so your mileage may vary.  Hope you guys enjoy. 

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/18881-vonKaiser-Solomon-Islands

Edited by vonKaiser

A VERRRRRRYYYY Long video tonight, going in depth on all things you might need to know about the tier 4 German Battleship: Kaiser.  Port view walking around and viewing the small things about the ship followed by 2 gameplay videos.  1st being how to aim your Kaiser for best results, and a second video on how to deal with Destroyers in your Kaiser Battleship.  Hope you guys enjoy and I've added some time notations in the notes of the video for ease of navigation in case you don't want to sit through hearing my voice for so long :teethhappy:

Edited by vonKaiser

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0