You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rhal_

Scharnhorst...when?

When do you speculate the Scharnhorst will be available for purchase  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a winner

• Tuesday, August 9 (lol nope!)
    • Friday, August 12
    • Tuesday, August 16
    • Friday, August 19 (Gamescon(ish))
    • Week of 22 August (not actually Gamescon)
    • September :(
    • October :'(

29 comments in this topic

[-KWH-]
Members
208 posts
8,479 battles

So, with the rumor mill grinding away at full speed and the hype machine in overdrive, let us all speculate as to when we will be able to dispose of some of our hard-earned income on our latest object of desire.

Since there are so many Sharnhorst reviews posted, I think we can take it as fact that the reviewer NDA has been lifted, so we know it will be SOON ™.

Edited by Rhal_

[A-D-F]
Members
7,879 posts
44,740 battles

It comes when  it comes. It comes when they are ready.

The point of this "poll"  is?

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

My guess is Friday, since it usually drops a few days after the NDA is released.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,337 battles

So, with the rumor mill grinding away at full speed and the hype machine in overdrive, let us all speculate as to when we will be able to dispose of some of our hard-earned income on our latest object of desire.

Since there are so many Sharnhorst reviews posted, I think we can take it as fact that the reviewer NDA has been lifted, so we know it will be SOON ™.

60871124.jpg
  • Cool 1

[-KWH-]
Members
208 posts
8,479 battles

It comes when  it comes. It comes when they are ready.

The point of this "poll"  is?

To speculate, as per the title.  I am curious about what people think.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

I'd put money on it being right after server maintenance/restart to remove the "soon" tags on her. If PT 5.10 starts tomorrow, that means the patch is MOST LIKELY on track for release next tuesday/Wednesday if history is a decent milepost to judge by. 

So if not tomorrow (plz kan haz?), sometime this week. Educated guess. 

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

I predict that they will sell her on Thursday or Friday this week

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

I'm just hoping they don't release it, then a week later release it with a flag.  I debate purchasing it on day one release just in case that happens again

[MAR_U]
Members
694 posts
9,594 battles

I voted Friday, but my gut says we're going to get hype and probably won't see it until gamescom. :unsure:

Edited by jabberwalkie09

Members
1,549 posts
5,319 battles

Date gamescom 2016

August 17, is for trade visitors and the media. The organizer can grant access to a limited number of the general public on Wednesday.

As a private visitor, with your ticket you have the opportunity to visit the entertainment area from Thursday, 18.08.2016 to Sunday, 21.08.2016.

Public area: entertainment area (Halls 5-10)

Thursday, 18.08.2016    10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Friday, 19.08.2016    10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, 20.08.2016    9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Sunday, 21.08.2016    9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

It is not week of August 22.

I would vote August 17 or 18, but they aren't available 

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

It's going to be in EU shop first and then NA weeks, or months later.  Same thing for the Dunkerque.

It will probably be in the shop between the hours of 01:48-02:13 on 8-12-2016 so that it will feel more"exclusive" for those lucky enough to be awake at that time. Good luck!

[-KWH-]
Members
208 posts
8,479 battles

Date gamescom 2016

August 17, is for trade visitors and the media. The organizer can grant access to a limited number of the general public on Wednesday.

As a private visitor, with your ticket you have the opportunity to visit the entertainment area from Thursday, 18.08.2016 to Sunday, 21.08.2016.

Public area: entertainment area (Halls 5-10)
Thursday, 18.08.2016    10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday, 19.08.2016    10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, 20.08.2016    9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, 21.08.2016    9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

It is not week of August 22.

I would vote August 17 or 18, but they aren't available 

I stand corrected, thank you for pointing out my error.  I will revise the poll accordingly.

I selected the dates for the poll based on when, in my experience, WG has added stuff to the premium shop.  I also didn't want list 20 individual dates.

Does putting it on sale in the EU shop first and delaying the NA release make sense?  That's not a criticism or a challenge or a rhetorical question.  I would think that WG would want to release the thing people want when the hype is at a maximum.  If it was delayed, wouldn't people begin to lose interest?

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I voted for tomorrow, but more likely any time this week (usually they're released the same week a review is released; see Krispy Kreme, Arizona, Texas, and Molotov).  That's one week to build up hype and Captains for the KM BB line proper and make last-minute sales on those who resisted buying Tirpitz.

It could be made a double-bundle if Konig Albert is reviewed and released sometime this week as well.  Otherwise, such a double bundle would likely be seen during Gamescom.  Said possible double-bundle of Scharnhorst and Konig Albert may also end up including some other special Flag, the same way they did with Warspite and Cambeltown.

Dunkerque probably will come after Gamescom, if not in another double-bundle with Scharn.

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
4,537 battles

It will probably be in the shop between the hours of 01:48-02:13 on 8-12-2016 so that it will feel more"exclusive" for those lucky enough to be awake at that time. Good luck!

You just described a situation that happened on WoT years ago when the preorder packs when into the shop for about an hour. :teethhappy:

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
4,537 battles

Watch... WG will release it as a "Back to School" Special ... when a huge chunk of players wont be around to buy it. :trollface:

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Watch... WG will release it as a "Back to School" Special ... when a huge chunk of players wont be around to buy it. :trollface:

That's the bundle that will even make working college students hesitate.  Triple ship bundle including Scharnhorst, Dunkerque, and Konig Albert, plus 2 exclusive flags; Scharnhorst's exclusive Flag normally available with the top Scharn bundle, and "Back to School" Flag with +10% Captain XP gains promoting education.  The effective cost of Konig Albert is donated to education foundations, so for WG, they're really only making a profit off Scharn and Dunkerque.

Then later, we'll get the Kriegsmarine Bundle, featuring Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, and Prinz Eugen with a free bonus of Konig Albert and another special Flag.  The special Flag will come with a +0.2 Sigma to all KM ships the flag flies on and a +0.1 Sigma to all non-KM ships the flag flies on.

[MAR_U]
Members
694 posts
9,594 battles

The special Flag will come with a +0.2 Sigma to all KM ships the flag flies on and a +0.1 Sigma to all non-KM ships the flag flies on.

If that happened, it would be an instant purchase. Regardless if I already had the ships or not.

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
4,537 battles

That's the bundle that will even make working college students hesitate.  Triple ship bundle including Scharnhorst, Dunkerque, and Konig Albert, plus 2 exclusive flags; Scharnhorst's exclusive Flag normally available with the top Scharn bundle, and "Back to School" Flag with +10% Captain XP gains promoting education.  The effective cost of Konig Albert is donated to education foundations, so for WG, they're really only making a profit off Scharn and Dunkerque.

Then later, we'll get the Kriegsmarine Bundle, featuring Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, and Prinz Eugen with a free bonus of Konig Albert and another special Flag.  The special Flag will come with a +0.2 Sigma to all KM ships the flag flies on and a +0.1 Sigma to all non-KM ships the flag flies on.

I just felt my credit cards quiver in excitement reading this. :teethhappy:

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

It's safe to assume that following their normal pattern WG should release the premium prior to the main branch. Given the persistent rumors and the hype buildup, it's not unlikely that we're looking at this Friday for release date. Otherwise it's got to be post-Gamescon so as to use it as an exclusive prize at the convention.

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,615 battles

It's going to be in EU shop first and then NA weeks, or months later.  Same thing for the Dunkerque.

I see a mission for the Scharnhorst.....you will need to get 150 kills....in the Mikasa.....in PVP....6 months after everyone else has it! :)