ZuikakuKaiNi

[MOD 5.15] Corrected/Historical Camouflages

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

16 posts in this topic

This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Ever since I got the permanent camouflages for Hatsuharu, Fubuki, and Mogami, I thought Atago's camo stood out due to its colour scheme. This simple mod just changes Atago's camo to match the same green and white colours as the rest of the Japanese camos. This mod also changes New York's permanent camouflage (The one that can be purchased for 1000 doubloons) into Texas' camouflage and alters Texas' look to have MS 21 camo scheme (The solid dark blue one). I plan on adding more here soon but for now, here are the new camos.

Updated for 5.15

Note: This mod affects the camouflages only. The ship textures you use will remain the same and will be visible under the camos. 

The rust free ship textures used under the camouflage is made by Tanz. Check out his skins here.

xNcZ7tf.png

lJMWbTj.png

E3uYCCZ.png

BsM6god.jpg

OUYltsj.jpg

pc7hW0A.jpg

arNVg2u.png

DxdQY3F.jpg

gScH4O1.png

GgqK9cB.jpg

Download

To install, just extract the contents of the .zip file into your res_mods folder.

Edited by Battleship_YamatoKai

Nice looking skin! I'd like to see one like that for the Amagi and Myoko, my permanent residents of the Gomes Naval Arsenal.

Looks great! Maybe do the blue+white+black for all the other Japanese ships as well to please all the people that hate the green/dill pickle scheme they have! :D

Looks great! Maybe do the blue+white+black for all the other Japanese ships as well to please all the people that hate the green/dill pickle scheme they have! :D

I was planning on experimenting with that today to see if it looked good :P

Update 8/7/2016: 

• Swapped New York's purchasable premium camouflage with Texas' normal camouflage
  • Edited Texas' camouflage. She now has MS 21 camo, the current colours she wears today.

what did you do to atago!?

I just wanted to keep her camo uniform with the rest of the IJN ones :P. I'm working on recolouring the camo's for the other IJN ships to the colour scheme Atago had and I'll upload that here as an option.

Update 10/3/16: Updated the mod for 5.12. Added Texas, New York, and Admiral Hipper camouflages.

11/5/16 - Updated for 5.13.1

Sorry for the lack of recent updates. I will be able to resume constant work on this mod now that I have a bit more free time. 

Just installed the New York camo. Looks great! It's not EXACTLY the same color as the Texas. Looks like a lighter shade. Very happy with it. And it works in the newest patch. Pic:

shot-16.12.03_15.14.39-0393_zpsgevylmzw.

Huh that's weird. Its probably cause the mod is out of date that its not exactly the same as Texas'. I'll update the mod soon here.

12/4/2016: Updated for 5.15. Fixed New York's camouflage colours.