Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Nerf Detonation...

12 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
7,177 posts
12,760 battles

I keep falling off my chair from laughing so hard at every poor soul. Not thrilled about being someone's Devastating Strike--though honestly I deserve it for getting 1-shots.

3 more dets tonight in the matches I played. Got a surprise Detonation off my area-denial torps in Furrytaco and 2 matches later Detonate a fleeing Ognevoi in ARP Myoko.

But hey, DDs get to experience being nuked. Maybe that'll convince them to play cruiser more to nuke those CA/CL players back LOL

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Too_Damn_High.jpg

EDIT: DEAR MODS: I RESPOND WITH AN IMAGE AND THIS IS CONSTRUCTIVE, DON'T STRIKE ME AGAIN T.T

Edited by DarthDoge

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

If they had a huge explosion occur when a detonation happens, I probably wouldn't mind it so much. 

Have you seen LWM's detonation suggestion?

Real great idea.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

First I'd like to say I once saw a game with 3 detonations on our side and 2 on the enemy side. 5 detonations in one game. RNGesus was having a field day.

Second I'd like to say I saw somewhere on forums that WG is looking into detonations, not necessarily anything that will FIX them, but in making them have more... oomph. Something with pizaz. Hopefully that also means they reconsider how they work. Someone on forums (can't remember who, one of the bigger names around) suggested that detonations cause a cook off that removes a massive chunk of health (more than 50%) and starts bleeding health at an obscene rate but still gives you a chance to use repair to stop it if you're near full health, just to have a small chance of fighting back- in addition to the suggestion of making it all more of a spectacle. Hopefully their post got noticed by someone at WG and they take it into consideration. It doesn't fix the problem in my eyes of detonations being nothing more than a middle finger from RNGesus but at least it would give you a CHANCE to survive. That's all anyone wants I think...

• Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I wouldn't mind detonations so much if they actually had some basis within the game mechanics; i.e., you have to hit and damage the enemy with a shell/bomb/torpedo in the right area(s) to even trigger the RNG roll. This would result in far less random silliness like, say, a cruiser taking a torpedo on the very edge of its bow and then going up like a firework (aerial torpedoes detonating anything larger than a destroyer should be right out). This would also incentivize players to aim more for the meaty bits of an enemy ship to get that nice det.

The suggestion of it being a cook-off that you can stop with Damage Control Party before it completely blows you up is also a very good one.

[13TH]
Members
4,901 posts
9,124 battles

First I'd like to say I once saw a game with 3 detonations on our side and 2 on the enemy side. 5 detonations in one game. RNGesus was having a field day.

Second I'd like to say I saw somewhere on forums that WG is looking into detonations, not necessarily anything that will FIX them, but in making them have more... oomph. Something with pizaz. Hopefully that also means they reconsider how they work. Someone on forums (can't remember who, one of the bigger names around) suggested that detonations cause a cook off that removes a massive chunk of health (more than 50%) and starts bleeding health at an obscene rate but still gives you a chance to use repair to stop it if you're near full health, just to have a small chance of fighting back- in addition to the suggestion of making it all more of a spectacle. Hopefully their post got noticed by someone at WG and they take it into consideration. It doesn't fix the problem in my eyes of detonations being nothing more than a middle finger from RNGesus but at least it would give you a CHANCE to survive. That's all anyone wants I think...

Id like to see the Detonatins a little more damatic .. More noise so all could here and maybe a mushroom cloud .. Yea that would be nice .. Was detonated twice last week 

[NG-NL]
Members
7,177 posts
12,760 battles

Detonation would be downright awesome if it caused the ship to flip over. And here comes Dasha with a mocking dance.

"Greetings fellow captain. Sorry the church of RNGesus hated you today. Here's a dance to giggle you better." :D

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

DDs don't need to experience getting nuked, they already experience having the lowest survival rates of any class.

Detonations are just a crap mechanic. Even LWM's suggestion of a fast burn over ~4 seconds fails to solve the problem that there's no way to predict, aim for, or prevent the event before it happens.

A better system would be for there to be conditions for a detonation to be primed, aka anything that causes a detonation now, and then any AP shell through the magazine in the next ~30 seconds will cause that ship to detonate.

ex. Torpedo hit's magazine. Under current system, this causes a detonation. Instead, that hit primes the magazine for a detonation. The player of the hit ship gets a notice saying "the next AP penetration of your magazine will cause a detonation", while the ship gains a particle effect marking it as vulnerable. If the ship avoids that kill shot for the next 35 seconds (or uses a DCP, I guess) that effect disappears. If their magazine gets penetrated by AP, boom.

This gives both the attacker and defender a clear goal for triggering/avoiding the detonation, and makes the consequences and outcomes clear for everyone to see.

• Cool 2

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

DDs don't need to experience getting nuked, they already experience having the lowest survival rates of any class.

Detonations are just a crap mechanic. Even LWM's suggestion of a fast burn over ~4 seconds fails to solve the problem that there's no way to predict, aim for, or prevent the event before it happens.

A better system would be for there to be conditions for a detonation to be primed, aka anything that causes a detonation now, and then any AP shell through the magazine in the next ~30 seconds will cause that ship to detonate.

ex. Torpedo hit's magazine. Under current system, this causes a detonation. Instead, that hit primes the magazine for a detonation. The player of the hit ship gets a notice saying "the next AP penetration of your magazine will cause a detonation", while the ship gains a particle effect marking it as vulnerable. If the ship avoids that kill shot for the next 35 seconds (or uses a DCP, I guess) that effect disappears. If their magazine gets penetrated by AP, boom.

This gives both the attacker and defender a clear goal for triggering/avoiding the detonation, and makes the consequences and outcomes clear for everyone to see.

Have my +1.

Sign in to follow this