• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

100 posts in this topic

at this time I do not have any plans to update the mods for 6.4.-whatever, the reason why is because lately warships has been REALLY pissing me off with constant disconnects, massive amounts of lag (but I'm like 99% sure that this is my router causing the lag and nothing else) and now this includes constant crash to desktops that result in me either missing half the game and if I even do make it back it, it's now just filled with hate because my CV couldn't do anything for 10 f(ERRRK!!!)ing minutes and then I get all the hate... so yeah... "thank you" wargaming, I'm "loving" this update oh so f(ERRRK!!!)ing much. . . 

All good, feel free to break until you get stuff sorted! Though I got word that it sounds like Commonwealth ships aren't getting diffrent flags from brits soo.. might be best to go back to plan A with Aurelia and Lesath being a shared thing. They are also getting a full DD, CL/CA line too in the near future.

thanks, hopefully 6.4.1 will be more promising than this patch. if it is then I'll release one later into that patche's life cycle. as for the commonwealth they'll probably stay as a "second" Usea since they're forced to use the same flags. if that changes then I'll update the mod then I'll update it as necessary, course that's once I'm far less salty from all the CTDs. >.<;

alright, so I made a little update to the flags (since it was super easy and it was more effort to not fix it for me.) so far only one flag's name will show up as the game code if you transfer over the nation renamer files, so that one will get fixed once I'm enjoying warships again. proper updates will resume once I'm much less salty at the game. it's really tiresome that people blame their CV for not carrying hard enough. you'd think 4 kills and 200k damage in under 10 minutes after finally getting the "crashed to desktop for the first 10 because of something I can't figure out" would get you a "well you tried, thanks CV." but instead it's just a very toxic team of "go kill yourself" and getting heaps of "you've been reported" alerts after the match. >.>

So, hood has a little thingy on it's front gun (From what ive seen as I shoot at it.) Plans to toy with that like you did on Belfgast when you have a chance? Also will you be turning the Red Sun on the Kaga to the Erusian symbol?

didn't know hood had something on it's turret, I'll have to look at the files one day, if it's a flag, yes. if it's an emblem like Belfast's on the bridge, no. and yes, Kaga's sun will be turned into an Eurasian roundel.

Also, I've no idea what wargaming did in 6.5, but now I'm no longer crashing, which is good, but the disconnects still happen, especially in my CVs. (but I suspect this is my router and not on wargaming's end since it happens to my xbox and phone too. lol) why am I telling you this? because it means I'll be releasing 6.5's updates soon.

alright, so after several games over the past few days and no issues that are on their end. I think my hiatus is over for now. so with 6.5 playable for me, it's finally given me the kick in the pants to update the flag and nation renamer files. so enjoy guys.

aircraft tho are a whole different story, for whatever reason, the idea of painting a bunch of scout planes doesn't sound appealing at all. the only reason I reskinned the USN and IJN is because of their aircraft carriers. it bugged me to see an Osean flag fly, but an American star on the planes. I guess since I don't play german CAs or BBs or the newer nations CAs I've felt little desire to paint up those planes.

well, I guess I'll ask this to you guys, which nation would you like for me to rush into service so you don't have the "Strangereal flag-irl nation roundel" problem?

cause if I get a few replies, I'll buckle down and finish that nations planes.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Belka, they're going to be getting a Cv in the near future as well.

Edited by AzureComet

that's a strange one since Germany only had one type of CV during WWII (4 in the class I think), so I've no idea how they'd fill in the tech tree. if they do get them tho then it'll be a huge boost to their priority in painting them up. either way that's 1 vote for Belka. lol

It'll be premium, if.not then British CVS will be first. I do know it was.worked.on for a while and just back burnered because of c.f. rework. Though, that might.not be the case as the enterprise and kaga are now things.

yeah, I figured british CVs would be next since I'm sure they had more than Arc Royal during WWII. I am quite excited for Enterprise to eventually arrive, no idea how much combat she'll see in my service since it greatly depends on the loadout, but I'm like 99% certain I'll add her to the fleet... Kaga is also very likely to join the fleet. lol

(sighs)... they had to re-arrange the flags again. well guess that's what keeps me busy, I'll start updating the flag mod. it'll be out by this weekend at the latest. =)

alright, I'll admit, it didn't take as long as I planned to update them, cause honestly they just shifted the flags only slightly so I was able to copy and paste heaps of stuff to make things right. so now all mods should be up to date, if you find any issues let me know.

Work has finally begun on the Belkan fighters (and the scouts too), however this long period of delay has had something promising, I forget exactly when, but I stumbled across the picture below at first I thought "I'll just slap it on under the roundels to make the painting process easier." tho now it's changed to the idea of me placing it on most or all of the belkan planes tails due to what was on the planes irl. so yeah, enjoy and look forward to the Belkan Luftwaffe to take to the skies soon. =]

O7pf33Dl.png

so I figured I'd give a little update, so far 2 of 7 fighters have been modified, it's going a little slower than the all of the USN and IJN planes, but some progress is better than none. additionally when the Belkan planes join, the current Erusean Tier 10 fighters have gotten a much more simplistic, but specialized skin to compare to their Osean counterparts. Unlike them however these pilots didn't want to blend in they want to stand out with a bold yellow, like one of their legendary pilots, Yellow 13.

alright as of right now I am downloading 6.6, so updates for my mods will be on the way shortly, they'll probably be done in a couple hours since some of the was already taken care of earlier in the week. here's what'll be updated...

Strangereal name changer: just an updated version so you continue being your favorite Strangereal nation fighter with and against the other nations.

IJN Aircraft Carrier Kaga will have it's Rising Sun emblem replaced with an Erusean Roundel, just like Hiryu (I think that's the CV anyways.)

although not all the Belkan planes are painted, the 3 that are will be included in this patch's version of Aircraft of Strangereal. they're done, I don't see a reason to hold them back, more to come ASAP. oh also after realizing that Hakuryu's fighters were not given a special paint job a quick-fix one was applied to them to sort of mimic Yellow Squadron's colors. when I got some free time, I'll probably bring in a similar look to what Hakuryu's former T10 fighters had that also mimicked Yellow Squadron making the green parts different shades of gray. here's what they look like currently.

yyOiMm3l.jpg

Just ignore the glowing ship in the background, it's not one of my mods.

What I plan to do in the future...
Hood's turret emblem will be changed to something more Ace Combat-y. I'm not sure if it'll be another flag, a blown up version of the Roundels on Usean aircraft, a squadron emblem, or if I'm feeling very creative, a custom made version of Hood's irl emblem but stylized to be Usean. this last option really depends on how much energy I have going.

Edited by RazgrizRaptor

Mods are up to date now, if you find any issues please let me know. what's in this update?

-Strangereal nation renamer has been updated

-flags have been updated

-Kaga has a custom-ish skin replacing the rising sun with an Erusean roundel

-the Belkan planes are still being painted up, but like I posted a few hours ago, there are 3 fighters painted up already. consider them a preview of what's to come.

-a new skin has been given to the Hakuryu's tier 10 fighters.

EDIT: I have discovered that for some reason Kaga's skin seems to incorrectly skinned the little boats scattered around the ship incorrectly. I'll fix this ASAP. additionally it seems that the fighters require a special skin as well. that till will be fixed ASAP.

Edit 2: yeah... I'm at a loss for why for why the tiny boats are getting skinned incorrectly, it and the stock skin look identical aside from the roundel.

Edit 3: so I've no idea what changed, but for whatever reason the skins are proper for Kaga (not her planes, those ones needa be painted). I'm guessing that probably I just had a file from a different mod I downloaded installed that was doing this.

Edited by RazgrizRaptor

tiny update, Kaga's planes have Erusean Roundels and Hakuryu's fighters had their colors tweaked a bit. eventually I do plan to give them a better color scheme. I'll probably have them mimic the that new Erusean "Ace" we see in the newest trailer for Ace Combat 7.

I've no idea what's changed in this second mini-patch, all mods seem to work, all you have to do is move the files over.

currently I plan to paint Enterprises aircraft assuming I can find them.
continue painting the Belkan planes.

So it's a good thing you started belkan planes- Graf Zepplin got it's stats revealed today and well.. it's going to make people cry.

So I just wanted to make a small announcement, in addition to working on the aircraft I've also bought USS Enterprise into the dry docks to get a special Osean skin. I'm thinking she'll take on an appearance similar to OFS Kestrel and if I can she'll be a WWII Osean Kestrel. Additionally, I plan to make the CV-6 flag specalized as well. Also her planes will het special colors as well. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Alright, so due to work, I don't have the time this week to properly work on CV-6, her planes, the nation renamer file errors, or the roundels on other planes. however I was able to squeeze this in. I present to you, OFS Kestrel's flag. let me know what you think, it's still a W.I.P. =)

Spoiler

rPzuUwQ.jpg

EDIT: already I thinking of removing the Kestrel (the bird). thoughts?

Alright, so due to an unexpected day off from work I basically took the last... 8 hours (there was some breaks) to basically...
1.) Update the text file so it has no noticeable errors, please let me know if you find any.

2.) Finalize Kestrel's special flag

3.) Give CV-6's planes some special attention.

4.) Give Kestrel a special-ish skin with the name Kestrel written across her aft flight deck and an Osean flag is proudly displayed on her "Recovery Elevator" (the elevator at the bow of the ship). I was contemplating the idea of changing her gray default hull to a brighter gray, but a more specialized one will appear when I have a better idea.

and now for pictures!

first up, the flag, not included in the picture is the specialized "Osean" style band that'll attach the flag to the ship.

Spoiler

JKwkniG.png

now the planes, the fighters were given a darker Gray-blue vs the other F6Fs, the TBFs were given a cheeky bit of text and bright yellow tails to taunt their enemies, and the divers just wanted to let your enemies know how they died.

Spoiler

3jGZcsl.jpg5FyLU71.jpgPX8I5Lj.jpg

Finally, OFS Kestrel (I'm keeping her designation CV-6 because I do like Enterprise and do not wanna fully "overwrite" her)

Spoiler

CpT1PEN.jpgjneXr79.jpg

Enjoy everyone!! =)

Alright, so I've been tinkering on Kestrel's special skin for the past few days, at first I was considering how to give her a nice gray that'd make her look "combat ready". something that'd be inspired by CVN-30, best I could think of was something along the lines of a lighter gray than what stock is, then I decided to take insperation from the skin I have for Iowa/Missouri, so she's now in a more pristine white-ish-gray and will eventually get a black flattop like Midway. but I figured now that I've gotten the hull painted up, it's time to show her off. ^^

SPrvZn4.jpg

I might leave the deck as is, just because she has a wooden flight deck compared to Midway's steel deck.

alright, so Kestrel's gotten her special skin completed for the time being I'm calling it complete. if you wanna see what it looks like, just click on the spoiler for Ships of Strangereal, enjoy. ^^