• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

100 posts in this topic

So while setting up to update mods and paint planes, I realized something, I think I accidentally reverted one of the mods I uploaded to an older version... I think. what's missing? will, the nation flags are meant to be displayed behind the ships, I only discovered this cause I was seeing if I had unpacked the flags for the nations so I could quickly make the new ones for nations like France and Pan-asia. well all this means is I'll unpack them, edit the files required and include them with the newest version of Flags of Strangereal when I complete it.

oh also, coming soon... (unless like I suspect, this element was accidentally deleted somehow. in which case, "returning soon". lol)

RpIem9mh.jpg

P.S. I also just discovered I spelled "Leasath" wrong... that'll be fixed with the next update too. lol

Edited by RazgrizRaptor

So I think this is the first time I can give an advance notice for my mod. lol

what do I mean? well, with 6.0 comes a fresh wave of aircraft, flags, and more. sometime tomorrow (once I update "Nations of Strangereal) here's what to expect in all four mods...

Mod #1: Aircraft of Strangereal
    -Files have been streamlined so they'll take up less space and hopefully load faster.
    -Alabama's aircraft has been given proper Osean Roundels.
    -Arizona's aircraft has been given proper Osean Roundels.
    -All British aircraft have been remade into Usean aircraft.

Mod #2: Nations of Strangereal
    Nation names have been corrected and the nations are as follows...
U.S.A. = Osea
JAPAN = Erusea
RUSSIA = Yuktobania
GERMANY = Belka
UNITED KINGDOM = Usea
POLAND = Ustio
PAN ASIA = Leasath
FRANCE = Emmeria
COMMONWEALTH = Usea, the reason for them also being Usea is their ships also use the same file for the flag on ships, until they get their own flag there's nothing I can do. >.<;

Mod #3: Flags of Strangereal
    -flags have been updated to show in the tech tree, behind commanders, and on and behind ships of their respective nations.

-Battleship Missouri's American flag has been replaced by an Osean flag.

-Cruiser Belfast's Union Jack has been replaced with a Usean flag.

Mod #4: Arpeggio Smoke and Fire for All Ships
    nothing's changed here.

If you encounter any issues or I missed something please let me know on this post and I'll fix it in the next update. thank you for all your support. <3 ^^

What's coming?...

-Belkan Aircraft are being prepped for painting, these might take longer than the past planes since I've got a couple ideas I'm gonna try to make them a little prettier, if I like how it looks then maybe some of the other nations will get some extra TLC.

-I've discovered how to change the pictures of the perma flags so once I snap some good pictures of the ranked/heroic squadron flags, they'll be included in "Flags of Strangereal" mod.

-Flags of Strangereal will be updated to replace the French, Pan Asian, and Whoever else needs a flag (Commonwealth's just using the Usean one that already exists until they have their own flag).

-if I have time, Osean F9F's will get their special camo redone so the wings and body camo lines up better... or they'll get a new, simpler camo that isn't based off of Heartbreak One. lol

-uhh... more to come? I think that's everything, but I'm always adding and subtracting ideas for this mod. 

Again, if you find any errors in spelling, glitches with camos, or anything else. please tell me so I can fix them ASAP. again thanks for the support, I hadn't realized how many people were actually using my little mods. (honestly I thought it was just me and like... 4 others. XP)

Edited by RazgrizRaptor

So, this update is concerning but I'm looking forwards to blasting other  strangereal boats :)

@AzureComet, yeah, I've got mixed feelings about this update too, but for now that doesn't stop me from making my little mods.

Alright Strangereal Captains, here's what's up and running as of now.

Strangereal nation names is up and running.

Aircraft are all good to go, German planes are still being painted so they'll be coming along in a later update.

the flags on ships are their proper strangereal nation, this is also the file where you'll find Belfast and Missouri's turret flags as well.

- please note the flags for the tech tree aren't fully online yet, so sorry french ships are flying a french flag in the tech tree but are called Emmeria and fly their Emmerian flag in game. same goes for other nations.

OH! one last thing, although this one is unknown when it'll happen since I'm waiting on warships. with their announcement of legendary captains (like Steven Seagal), I've begun prep work for when they announce an american CV captain. in the future maybe some lucky few will get to sail alongside a true legend.

ObU1gdB.jpg

Captain Nicholas A. Andersen of the OFS Kestrel.

As stated, the requirements for him to see service is for warships to give us an american CV captain.

If you encounter problems then please let me know so I may address them ASAP. good hunting captains. ^^

okay, so as I stated in today's edit, as far as I can tell none of the files require an update from 6.0.0, looking at the patch notes the only things that *might* need updating is the text file and/or the flags. however after examining them in the game I found no issues. but yeah, if you find anything please, please let me know. thanks for the help and for downloading these mods. =3

So it just occured to me that 6.1 went live earlier this week... I gotta take a break from Xcom and get back out in the seas.

what this simply means is that I'll start working on updates after I wake up.

THanks again for the quick updating!

Honestly im waiting for more ships to get in.

British BB's got delayed because of some yahoo at WG EU.. =.= But hopefully we get a nice premium American BB soon... 

haha, no prob. I guess I'm more excited for future updates to CVs, here's hoping they "Make CVs Great Again". lol

Missouri's pretty awesome (for making money) tho beyond that she's a good ship still, I'd rather see them add in USS Enterprise or maybe a prem Midway... what's special about it? two words "Angled Flightdeck". lol (basically launch and recover planes at the same time, if back half of ship is on fire, you can launch, but not recover. front on fire, recover, but no launching. (unless you have the emergency launch perk). that's just my idea, not something wargaming's gonna do. I'd love for them to do that tho. lol

As for UKBBs... well, I guess I'm just expecting them to take 1st or 2nd place while the poor old USBBs get to continue to sit in dead last according to statistics. v.v;

I still like my Missouri and Iowa tho, eventually she'll become a Montana, tho it'll be slow going since I'm not that big of a BB player. lol

I d'ont like going over Tier 8 really.. Hindinburg tempts me but still.. as far as CVs? Graf Zeppelin pls. I'm holding out for Alabama, hood, King George Class premium, and probably a german DD priem. 

and that's why the high tier aircraft got extra TLC, encouragement for people to deploy in high tiers. XD

if I made ship skins, then Yamato, Gearing, and all the other T10s would get them... but I can't say I'll ever skin those ships, Ace Combat ships haven't shown any signs that they used "exotic" paint schemes. lol

So after several tests, I can confirm that the mods work properly with the 6.1.1 patch, just copy the files from 6.1.0 over to the new folder and all is well again. ^^

The mods should all up to date, thanks wargaming for the update, but "thanks" for making me work on my birfmas. lol

as always, if you encounter any issues please let me know so I can fix them. ^^

I'm sure they have the reasons, but I really would prefer them to work on CVs instead of adding more cruisers.

Flags have been updated to work with 6.2.1 and a spelling error in the Nation renamer has also been corrected. if you guys find anything else, let me know. thanks. ^^

that's good, I heard that patches after 6.2 were going to be attempts at enhancing the CVs. maybe if it works I'll have high enough spirits to pick up the pace on the aircraft skins and flag updates. (cause I hadn't realized how many nations need new flags these days.) X3

All mods appear to be up to date for 6.2.2, if you encounter any issues please notify me ASAP. san kyu. ^^

So, with the newest ranked flag released, I'm trying to think of which squadron should be represented next, I'm currently searching for a Yuktobanian one that has an emblem, but I've been having no luck. anyone out there got a suggestion?

Alright, so a few new updates. the biggest one, all mods work for warships version 6.3.0.1.

the New: Pan Asia flag updated and transformed into the Laseth flag. French Flag updated and transformed into Emmerian Flag.

additionally, while updating the nation renamer file, I stumbled upon Italy so now I'm pondering what nation to make them. if you have any suggestions let me know, lastly german and now french planes are still in the workshops being repainted, honestly this has been going alot slower than I had expected due to me not playing warships as much as I used to because of other games, a loss in interest in warships (but it's slowly rising again), and the biggest factor, work and a lack of energy. well I hope you guys enjoy it, let me know if you find any bugs. san kyu. ^^

Alright, so as far as I can tell, all mods are up to date for 6.3.1. if you find any issues please message me here and I'll fix them ASAP.

All mods should be up to date for 6.4, if you encounter any issues as always let me know and I'll fix it asap.

-flags have been updated

-nation name changer has been updated and spelling errors have been fixed.

Thanks again!

So we have not only first Frenchies but Italy now, did you decide who they're going to be?

France is Emmeria. Italy tho, I haven't put any thought into it. I haven't had the time to balance work, games, and making mods too effectively these past few months. >.<;

cause yeah what, I now have... 3 nations of planes to paint up? (sighs) doesn't help that I haven't been playing as much and the lack of CVs also doesn't encourage me to finish up the planes makes me my own worst enemy with painting the planes. v.v;

I'll probably look into the nations later on to see which one should be Italy. hopefully they also improve the CVs which will restore my desire to paint planes. well that's enough rambling for today

tldr: France = Emmeria. Italy = To be determined.