• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

100 posts in this topic

T4hwa0Z.jpg

So simply put, this thread will be the thread I'll update for any and all mods I create, it's purpose is to allow you guys to have a one-stop shopping area if you want anything Strangereal and beyond. As long as I'm playing the game I'll be updating these mods as soon as possible.

All mods are now up to date for 6.8

Mod #1: Aircraft of Strangereal

Description: This is an ongoing mod to change most aircraft to display the roundels of the Ace Combat world.

Status: Three Belkan Fighters have been added, more on the way. All US, IJN, Soviet, and additionally the UK aircraft sport their Strangereal nation's roundel.

Linkhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/gg4m4y4dddajtd0/Aircraft of Strangereal.zip?dl=0

6J8WcRvl.jpgp72ACX8l.jpg

Mod #2: Nations of Strangereal

Description: a simple mod that changes the names of the nations to that of Ace Combat's world. so U.S.A. is Osea. U.S.S.R. is Yuktobania, and so on. it also changes the filter options, no longer will it say "Show USA ships", it now says "Show Osean ships".

Status: Erusean Carrier Kaga is finally ready for naval combat proudly boasting her nationality with an Erusean Roundel on her flightdeck

Linkhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/xv53kmzuro35vin/Strangereal Nation Renamer.zip?dl=0

pDNM4W3.jpg

Mod #3: Flags of Strangereal

Description: This mod changes most of the national flags to their Strangereal counterpart. Legendary squadrons have their emblems as some of the Ranked Battle flags. It'll also change the Battleship Missouri's and Cruiser Belfast's turret flags to that of their Strangereal national flag.

Linkhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/gck3gqfbrc774wp/Flags of Strangereal.zip?dl=0

FDIxzr4l.jpgd0rSLAUl.jpg

Mod #4: Arpeggio Smoke and Fire for All Ships

Description: This mod changes all gun, stack, and deck fire smoke to be similar to that of the Arpeggio event ships (energy contrails not included).

Status: Ready. Since this mod has failed to work for some captains, here's a picture to show you where to install it, just change "5.7.0" to whatever version is the current version.

lEu9A4Y.png

Linkhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/wdbiuhso7th3yra/Arpeggio Smoke and Fire for All.zip?dl=0

2AJibPgl.jpg3Mh73g5l.jpgodwWsEll.jpg

Mod #5: Warships of Strangereal

Description: This mod is where you'll find any and all special skins I've edited or created to make them fit in with all the other Strangereal mods I've created. Ships like Kaga have had her Rising Sun replaced with an Erusean Roundel, Missouri's flag is an Osean one, and fancy skins for your warships to wear, like giving Iowa/Missouri a black and white scheme, modernizing Midway, and eventually, a pretty little skin for Enterprise too.

Linkhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/6khvu7rgi5g5v2w/Ships of Strangereal.zip?dl=0

Spoiler

MJ1ae7q.jpg

For those of you that own Enterprise, she and her planes have been redesigned to be CV-6, OFS Kestrel.

Qx86S5m.jpg

Iowa-class Battleship Hulls based off of an old version of a skin I found on another site who's name escapes me right now. however I changed the gun skins and tweaked the bridge a little when Missouri came out. the yellow windows are because of the "Arpeggioed" versions I created for myself to make them fit in with the other ships from HarunaLine's ARP mod.

Additionally, there's two versions of the flag in there. one for my turrets, one for stock turrets.

MJyDaLX.jpg

due to other mods I have installed, your ships might look different from what you see. Kaga has this modified camoed skin and a non-camo version.

modified version is the "strangereal" version of EU's danimollinato2 Kaga skin. here's a link to the original.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/80441-kaga-historical-skin/

Hey mate, some friendly advice before you run into the same problems I did. There's an image limit per post on the forums so any new mods will have to be without images or cut back. :)

Alright, so the main reason for this post is to bump this post up in the forum timeline, the secondary reason is to say that...
1.) Links for mods has been updated, didn't realize I had to do that, but live and learn. lol

2.) Yuktobanian aircraft are nearly done, just got like 5 to go.
3.) Have yet to start on the German Aircraft.
4.) no idea what Strangereal nation to make France, if you have a suggestion, I'm all ears. =)

Captain! Yuktobanian aircraft spotted!

that's right, after being delayed several times, the Yukes finally have finished painting up their aircraft.

the "Aircraft of Strangereal" mod is once again unified, so I'll be removing the un-needed link. also I hadn't realized this until now, but one of the Osean scout planes wasn't in it's proper colors, turns out I forgot to move the dds to the proper folder... so that's "fixed" now too. lol

the link is above in the OG post.

since no major changes were made to any of the files that my mods edit, none of them were affected by this update. I have made no changes to my mods and have been experiencing no issues, if you encounter something please let me know. thanks. =]

TL;DR, all mods work.

All mods should be updated for 5.12.0, if you encounter any issues please let me know. ^^

Once again, all mods have been updated for 5.13.0, however the planes for germany and now the UK are probably gonna take longer than I had anticipated. the first reason being that I've been finding it hard to sit down and work on them. the second reason is cause of work, more hours for a few weeks so I'm gonna be busier than normal. the UK planes will probably be out first since there's only 8 planes and their roundels are easier to swap out.

Currently, all mods should be up to date for 5.13.1. if you encounter any problems let me know, san kyu. ^^

As far as I can tell, there have been no changes from 14.0 to 14.1, so the mods should still be up to date even without anything being changed. if you do find something wrong, please tell me and I'll fix it ASAP.

san kyu. ^^

As far as I can tell, the mods are now up to date for 5.15.0.

Also, sorry that the other nation's aircraft skins aren't done yet, the simple fact is that I haven't had the time to do any work on them and as of late I've been feeling unmotivated to edit them. =\

So I was wondering who you plan to use for Italy and France? I know Emmeria and Estovakia are still open even if the countries don't exactly match their real world counterparts...

@AzureComet Excellent question, next question please. lol

tho yeah, I've been pondering on which nation best matches France, Italy, and Australia. one element in choosing the nations for me is if I can find that nation's flag and roundels. another is how similar the nations are, sometimes tho it's a no brainer like with usea having british accents. lol

those aren't bad suggestions tho, it does make me wonder why I didn't use those nations for Pan Asia since they're using old US and Soviet/Chinese ships... I might change them to Emmeria and Estovakia for Pan Asia in the future now that you've mentioned it.

Actually, Emmeria is supposed to be Italy/France mix up...soooooo... Either works that way! There is also a country from the Belkan war that is pure France but only has a flag in terms of symbols. Emmeria actually has a decent sized and formidable navy from 6 so it's perfect for this game.

As far as Estovakia.. unless they had in slav nations then maybe whatever you don't ppick for Emmeria. As far as Australia.... Aurelia is suppose to be it's strangereal equivalent if that helps.

Though if I were to be biased:

Emmeria=France

Estovakia=Italy (Italy is so close to the Slavic nations I'd think they'd share some design features too.) 

Aurelia=Commonwealth/Australia

PanAsia= ..whoever fought Aurelia again.

Though that's just my opinion!

If you need any help looking for flags and such I can do whatever I can to provide.

Edited by AzureComet

that's not a bad suggestion, it's better than anything I've come up with. I'm not entirely sure how much Emmeria shares with france since their capitol city has their version of the Golden Gate Bridge, their name is an anagram of "America", and the Estovakians are called "Stovies" in reference to "Soviets" (I think).

I think PanAsia is both Aurelia and Lasath, only reason I picked them to be that tho is since they use old US and Soviet ships. lol

To be fair, each country in the series has either a Us/Canada/Uk element to them, or all three ala Emmeria. You don't really see one nation sticking to one defined culture excluding MAYBE Belka. A lot of the culture and early history of Emmeria is french, even some of the city structures minus the gate bridge. I suggested it because we have a Frenchie boat in the game and it kinda fits the look and theme of Emmerian ships. Aurelia Is Asia/Australia mix.. so Oceania mix really, Lasath is more of a Axis South America/Oceania mix. As far as Estovakia... yeah it's a weird eastern Slavic bloc/Soviet Russia mix but due to limitations the only other "bad guy" faction we're getting is Italy. Even then, they're relatively close to each other in terms of location..

Maybe create a flag for Yuke ships to have an Estovakia option?

Heck Idk!

I think if anything Emmeria should be in somewhere due to their well-known navy.

Either way I'd like to take time and say THANK you for this mod, I love the series so much it's good to be able to have some fun in another game with it. Keep up the good work and constant updates!

Edited by AzureComet

good point, cause even the "US" of Ace Combat is a American-Japanese hybrid. Yuktobania tho seems to be pure russia tho. lol

anyways, in future mods I'll probably go with the suggestions you've given since it's better than anything I've found and I don't really have any reason to be like "nope, not doing it." lol

also making Aurelia Pan-asia makes the flag alot easier to implement since them being two nations has been has been troublesome to get a waving flag of both that line up. XD

yeah, hopefully soon, tho I've recently had a setback on my mod making. long story short, I deleted them and alot of other stuff on my computer by accident, so I'm doing two things right now...
1.) get an external HD to back files up to.
2.) attempting to recover the lost data.

worst case scenario is I have to start over from scratch which is more of an annoyance than a setback. >.<;

.15's out now, .15.1's coming out tomorrow... so yay... already falling behind on the modding work even more. >.<; lol

I think "mostly yes", cause a friend of mine had a program that'll recover any data that wasn't overwritten by new files after the delete, I'm sure I lost a little here or there due to thinks like antivirus updating, but I'm hoping that I'll get my ship files back. I also got an external hard drive for the future, so it'll gonna get all the files set to it so it doesn't overwrite the files on the PC while the PC's trying to recover stuff. then finally from that external back to the PC.

so short version is "I think yes, but it's gonna be a while before new versions of my mods are released." lol