RazgrizRaptor

[0.6.13.1] RazgrizRaptor's Many Mods Thread.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

128 posts in this topic

Hmm.. do you know how to mod existing models from WoWs?

not yet, I know how to tell the game to look for different files (like if I wanted to make the F8Fs into the jets pictured above), skinning the ships, flags, captains, etc. tho I can't edit the ships to change their shapes.

So little update, I've recovered a lot of data after my flub. the only problem is that there's 1.4 million files that I need to shuffle through to find the mod files, so... yay? ^^;

Pan for gold! I'm sure you'll get it, the mod now is not super broken the only thing is the Usean flag shows up as OFDF..so..kind works I guess? And Lo Yang's flag is broken.

So Word just got out More Pan-Asia ships for 2017, perhaps if they're making more Pan-Asia stuff it's better off to keep them Aurelia-Laesaf? (Or however it's spelled.)

I'll be sure to fix that ASAP. I've also discovered that I spelled "Yuktobania" wrong when I updated it for 5.15.0, forgot the "U" in "Yukotbania." lol

once I'll probably update the flags on ships and text file tomorrow since they don't really require any of the lost data. for now it's just me updating everything.

alright, so first off, good news. the flag mod has been updated. that was went exactly as planned.

bad news, the "cheat sheet" I made myself to the nation naming mod was deleted for good... so I gotta shuffle through the entire file to remake my cheat sheet and rename the nations and such. Silver lining at least is I can use 5.15.0's file to remake and update the files for the future.

more nations will be added when I'm done recovering from the data loss.

UPDATE: So I've fixed my cheat sheet and the nation name renamer, after shuffling through the two, they're exactly the same. so... hey! all mods are up to date as of now. lol

Edited by RazgrizRaptor

did you get lo yang or did you pass it by?

ah, I didn't even know anyone streamed ace combat, I mean I did infinity a long time ago, when AC7 comes out tho, I'm gonna stream that. ^^

so, it appears that nothing changed from 15.1 to 15.2, honestly looking at the update page from wargaming... I've no idea what's changed, it just said "Something Something Under Siege!" and I guess they made it look a little prettier. oh, but I have recently found the files for the flags when you look at them under the "exterior" tab, so in the future they'll be the modded flag. =]

as per the usual, if you find any spelling or visual errors, please let me know so I can fix them.

Good hunting captains of Strangereal. ^^

Edited by RazgrizRaptor

. . . That came out already? SON OF A --(drops the cookies and scrambles to the workshop).

Edited by RazgrizRaptor

Alright, so after a bit of unnecessary tinkering that slowed things down (sorry I got distracted. ^^;) both the Nation Namer files and the Flags are updated for 16.0.

additionally now France and the Commonwealth have been renamed into Strangereal nations. however since I do not own any commonwealth ships, I have no idea what flag they fly so I wasn't able to edit theirs, my current suspicion is they fly the Usean flag. Additionally, now when you go to filter the ships, it'll show the strangereal nation name and not our world's nation name. For example, instead of saying "Show Pan Asia Ships" it'll say "Show Lasathoese ships"... what? I didn't know what else to call them. lol

ah, thanks. tho that does tempt me to change them to Usea (so the nation would be there twice) until they get their own flag. lol

oh also quick update to the nation namer file. I just realized I forgot to change 3 nation's names, that's been fixed now. ^^;

Have you thought about changing one of the appearance flags you et from challenges, missions and other stuff to ISAF or another flag used in the universe?

I have thought of doing that in the past, however I've found little reason to modify additional flags. the ranked flags and nation flags are probably going to be the only ones that I'll modify.

I've been leaving organizations like the ISAF or OMDF out since they're technically represented by any ship flying that nation's flag.

yeah... I'm wishing the updates would slow down a bit too. however looking at the patch notes, I don't see anything that requires me to update the files. the things they did are bug fixes and those usually don't mess with the .dds files or the text ones.

I wouldn't be surprised tho if they reshuffled the flags for why nots anyways. well, once it updates and I'm able to run some tests, I'll post the results saying "just move the files" or "here's the updated stuff." XP

alright so, it seems that none of the files need updating, so just copy what you got in 16.0 to 16.1. additionally when january starts, I should have a bit of free time to give the Belkan and Usean aircraft the attention they've deserved.

which basically means that I'll be resuming work on that now that I've shuffled through some of the recovered files, gotten through the holidays, in-game events, colds, family, and other nonsense that's been really slowing progression on that project. so early 2017 will see the release of even more Strangereal aircraft. ^^

although I'm doubtful there will be subs, I wouldn't mind seeing them join since it'd give a better purpose to sonar... also if subs are joining then they better give us Arpeggio's I-401 as well, I would be a little salty since she and Gunzou are captains of the T9 "ARP I-401" submarine, but we never get it. lol

that and DDs are already sort of like much faster subs... it'd also be interesting since DDs could maybe take depth charges as a new consumable or as an additional weapon type.