You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
I_Want_More_Cits

Captain Respec

Capt Respec  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys want a full Captain respec?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont care

8 comments in this topic

[MALUS]
Members
225 posts
9,049 battles

I'm pretty sure you guys can tell what this is going to be about as soon as you read the title so here I go. WG, why cant you guys just give us a free respect, is it really that hard to do? I don't mind getting the BoS skill on my BB's but getting it on DD's is a real pain, and you guys cant expect me to grind 100k to get my next point in 6 hours. I don't care if you guys have to postpone the update a day or 2 to do this, and if you guys have a reason for not giving us a complete respect could you at least lets us know what it is? I suspect its because your gonna make a killing off people buying doubloons to repec their Captains:hmm:

Edited by 1_2_8_9

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,300 battles

No, not a full respec, just the damn point available.

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

There really is no other reason, other than they intend to make a considerable chunk of money from this.

Reality is the bulk population don't frequent the forums to vent their opinion, if people really want that skill point they will spend the money and reset it despite the flock of unhappy customers.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

No, not a full respec, just the damn point available.

It appears they are incapable of doing that, since a tier 1 skill is required by the system. Only choice is a full respec it appears.

The decision to force BOS on players who don't have an extra skill point available has to be one of the poorest customer service responses I've seen in awhile.

Fact: many players will get the SA point back tomorrow, many more won't. Instead they will have the skill point forced onto a mediocre skill, that's popular only due to the lack of information (lots of casual players) and poor wording of the skills.

So, I have two ships that don't have a point available, and I won't be given a choice how they are used, in fact, the only way to return to an even balance with the players that do happen to a point available is to PAY MONEY.....

Since those 2 DD's are low tier, and I rarely play them, the option to grind 50/60k each just wasn't gonna happen. Not to mention, since I'm rather old and somewhat damaged, grinding isn't in the cards at all.

The amount of money is fairly small, but I don't subscribe to the notion that WG's laziness and sloppy execution should be rewarded....

Members
33 posts
12,677 battles

Thanks(WG) to the extra exp. for winning I've been able to get that extra skill on all but one captain. I would've preferred a respec, but remind myself I didn't lose anything and gained a new skill, so I'm OK with that. 

[HBK]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,361 posts
16,300 battles

It appears they are incapable of doing that, since a tier 1 skill is required by the system. Only choice is a full respec it appears.

The decision to force BOS on players who don't have an extra skill point available has to be one of the poorest customer service responses I've seen in awhile.

Fact: many players will get the SA point back tomorrow, many more won't. Instead they will have the skill point forced onto a mediocre skill, that's popular only due to the lack of information (lots of casual players) and poor wording of the skills.

So, I have two ships that don't have a point available, and I won't be given a choice how they are used, in fact, the only way to return to an even balance with the players that do happen to a point available is to PAY MONEY.....

Since those 2 DD's are low tier, and I rarely play them, the option to grind 50/60k each just wasn't gonna happen. Not to mention, since I'm rather old and somewhat damaged, grinding isn't in the cards at all.

The amount of money is fairly small, but I don't subscribe to the notion that WG's laziness and sloppy execution should be rewarded....

Ahh, that's right, hence the reason why people just want full respecs.  Gotcha

Just checked my port and out of my 70 ships I have 24 that will be negatively affected by this.  

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

The 2 ships of mine that are negatively affected are coincidentally both tier X cruisers with 15+ pt captains and expensive to respec. Upon some deliberation, I think I can live with BoS for now. Then again it's just me.

Overall, WG is pulling a dirty move which I would only be willing to give them a pass on if they had no conflict of interest. But of course they do.

"Astrologers proclaim the week of respec. Gold sales double."