Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Holy Bonuses Capt XP 1.5-3K in Co-Op ??

7 comments in this topic

[GWG]
Members
8,019 posts
15,964 battles

Getting the Ranger ready for Random:

So I swap 13 point and 4 point captains between the North Carolina and the Ranger (discount retrain captain weekend) - so I can respec the 13 pointer for fast torps and dogfighting higher tiers -- like the tier 9 Saipan planes.

The 4 pointer was just a temporary captain to build the Ranger in Co-Op until I moved up the 15 point one from the Independence.  I decided to leave the 15 pointer in place for team battles.  The 13 pointer used 500 doubloons to retrain to the Ranger - no hesitation there.

The 4 pointer only needed 1800 to retrain for the North Carolina.

So I stuck it on the Arizona and did a co-op mission --- HOLY COW !!!   In one mission it completed the training and scored #5 captain's point - and was 1/3 towards point 6.

With all the Captain's Training bonuses, it scored over 3K in Captain XP.  I lost power, so I didn't get a picture of that (first win of the day).

Here's one of the following ones. -- it's up to a 7 point captain already.  Lowest was 1.5K for a loss.

I'm wondering why Co-op isn't FILLED with Arizona's since I seem to be the only one there.

Members
781 posts
9,892 battles

randoms are paying out 10-20k in captain exp... lol

i got 15k yesterday in my arizona

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
8,019 posts
15,964 battles

I'm talking easy Co-Op here with consistent results, and no surprises.

And seriously?  Run a 4 point captain into tier 8 random mission with 2 CVs?   No thank you.

When I get up to 10 points, I'll think about it.

Edited by AVR_Project

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Agreed, but you can't win over 90% of your games under normal circumstances in Random...:teethhappy:

If things are rolling well, Random is certainly the best choice, but co-op can actually be useful too with all those  bonuses in game after game.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

How!?!? I can only get like 7k max..... sad life for me. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

How!?!? I can only get like 7k max..... sad life for me. 

Probably running flags, premium, and a premium ship of course.

Edited by awiggin

[GWG]
Members
8,019 posts
15,964 battles

OK..  Just came back from two Random missions..   Warships today doesn't show Arizona and Texas for some strange reason.

First Arizona mission sucked - tier 8 mission with a tier 8 CV.  My support ships abandoned me to a Nagato, Mogami, and Hatsuhara.  Got 835 captain XP.... the hard way.

Second mission was a little better...  no CV.  Ended up brawling with a North Carolina at the end....  not a happy place for an Arizona.  Mission ended moments before I was about to die.  We won by points.  Got 2.7K

Sorry.  I just want to train low-point captains -- back to Co-Op.

One more Random mission... another tier 8 with 4 CVs.  Managed 3.2K by sinking a Fubuki and mauling a Hatsu.  Seems the Arizona is a rather popular lady with the destroyers.  We lost, but I managed to take one cap all by myself before dying.  The score was real close.

another tidbit of angst....

I see the repair costs vary after I've been sunk.  Seems a complete loss is worth 22K in a tier 6 battle, yet 35K in a tier 8 battle.

I think that's a tad bit STUPID.  First, you dragged into a battle you don't like, then you have to pay more after you've been abused as an XP piñata.

Edited by AVR_Project

Sign in to follow this