You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinalRealm

The Atago doesn't have glass windows

19 comments in this topic

Members
378 posts
1,793 battles

Ok this doesn't affect anything game-wise but it kinda bothers me anyhow.

The Atago In-game does not seem to have glass covering the windows on the bridge.

dfj579.jpgAs you can see the windows do not seem to have glass in them.

Below are pictures of other ships in the IJN CA line that do have glass in the windows on their bridge.

The Myoko is also shown to have glass on both decks of the bridge.sltvgo.jpg

The Mogami has glass in the windows of its bridge as well.

1217fjp.jpg

Members
378 posts
1,793 battles

What does this mean?

The Atago doesn't have glass panes on the bridge like the other ships :( 

Members
378 posts
1,793 battles

Windows are there. Atago crew uses a lot of Windex :hiding:

I tried turning the model around but didnt see the sun reflecting off it makes me wanna :red_button:
  • Cool 1

Members
378 posts
1,793 battles

considering it's an open bridge to begin with.......

That's the thing tho, even the Yuubari with its open bridge has a font with a glass pane.

5o5h82.jpg

Members
378 posts
1,793 battles

okay, so it did have windows... even though the whole backside of the bride is open to the air anyway

te66ehq.png

THEY THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY!!!

and now I can kindly show the nurses this evidence so they can let me of of the looney bin

also where did u get that picture from ive never seen that picture when i was roaming around for info on the Atago.

Edited by _Atago_

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

Well I've heard our Atago is actually using a Takao model and based on those bridge pictures, our Atago is a pre 1940 Takao. Who knows, glass may have been removed during some seasons due to heat :hmm:

qEJ3HkT.png

Well I don't see here wearing glasses... so...

Ironically it looks like here bridge rigging looks like it has glass

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Well I've heard our Atago is actually using a Takao model and based on those bridge pictures, our Atago is a pre 1940 Takao. Who knows, glass may have been removed during some seasons due to heat :hmm:

Ironically it looks like here bridge rigging looks like it has glass

Yup. Atago is actually the alpha test Takao model.

Takao was originally the IJN t8 cruiser in alpha. But for reasons known only to WG, Takao was shortly replaced by Myoko (which later switched tiers with Mogami). Meanwhile Kitakami was supposed to have been the t8 IJN premium upon release. But it had issues which are well known by this point, and was pulled. 

WG needed a t8 IJN premium in a hurry to release alongside Atlanta. So they took the alpha test Takao they already had ready, brushed her with some blue paint, and called her Atago.

Members
2,393 posts
4,253 battles

THEY THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY!!!

and now I can kindly show the nurses this evidence so they can let me of of the looney bin

also where did u get that picture from ive never seen that picture when i was roaming around for info on the Atago.

I looked up "takao class cruiser" or something like that and hit up google images. (also, the ship in the picture is Takao) Most pictures were from the side like this and don't really say anything either way. But then I got lucky and struck this picture which I'm fairly certain is from a Japanese report to the naval command showing the result of the Takao bridge refit.

VTxwG1T.png

It comes from this book, which includes images of this gorgeous class that have never been seen before outside of Japan

Edited by TheSupremeOne34

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

Yup. Atago is actually the alpha test Takao model.

Takao was originally the IJN t8 cruiser in alpha. But for reasons known only to WG, Takao was shortly replaced by Myoko (which later switched tiers with Mogami). Meanwhile Kitakami was supposed to have been the t8 IJN premium upon release. But it had issues which are well known by this point, and was pulled. 

WG needed a t8 IJN premium in a hurry to release alongside Atlanta. So they took the alpha test Takao they already had ready, brushed her with some blue paint, and called her Atago.

It's probably because of Kantai Collection that Atago was chosen. I mean compared to Takao, Atago is far more popular.

[WOLF5]
Members
39,261 posts
31,549 battles

Personally, I don't mind the "glassless" model in the game because I like being able to see the small details in the bridge.  Even the OP's pictures show those details.  I'd rather have that than the shiny texture that's called "glass" in this game.  If she actually had the transparent glass effect with the details inside, that'd be cool.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,289 battles

qEJ3HkT.png

Well I don't see here wearing glasses... so...

+1, not for the kancolle reference, but for creativity...oh god why...