You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
blueheadfan

When put in a match at the lowest tier when do you fill your pants?

40 members have voted

1. 1. When put in a match at the lowest tier when do you fill your pants?

• Tier 3 vs Tier 5
    • Tier 4 vs Tier 6
    • Tier 5 vs Tier 7
    • Tier 6 vs Tier 8
    • Tier 7 vs Tier 9
    • Tier 8 vs Tier 10
    • Never cause I'm the bomb

34 comments in this topic

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
8,882 battles

RE:

View Postverkhne, on 13 July 2016 - 01:17 PM, said:

Has anyone else been seeing this?  Murmansk and Kamikaze seem to draw tier 7 games. This is not so bad in a Kamikaze but hard in a Murmansk where now, not only BB, but other cruisers can start pressing you. At tier 8 Chaps and Amagi also seem to get the tier 10 love. Playing tier 6 and 9 still seem to be uptiered a lot but they seem much more capable ( and still seem to land tier plus one games not tier plus two).

This may be confirmation bias so I am posting to see if others have felt/observed this? Is this a function of player levelling or player numbers? I would love to see the stat of not only average ship level played but also average opponent ship level played!

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,605 battles

Never. I just play more conservatively.

Phoenix in a T6 match? Well, I hide behind islands the whole match, firing as opportunity allows.

Shchors in a T9 match? Well, stay at max range and use spotter plane a lot.

Furutaka in a T7 match? Well, it's got 203mm guns. Get in there and brawl!

Clemson in a T6 match? Come on, it's Clemson. I chase Farraguts.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Ask for the brown pants? Never, but I do take extreme care when there are three copies of Yamato pointing at my Tier 8 ship. That said I've frequently survived battles in Tier 8 vs Tier 10s and have even scored the winning kill that robbed the other team of a cap point win. Just play a /whole/ lot more carefully and maybe load more HE than you normally would vs that better armor. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

the great thing about WoWS is that everything can be competitive, even when uptiered.

i've never been bottom tier in a match and thought "well i'm doing nothing today."

maybe "i need to be careful here."

but i've never felt useless. i don't think there are any ships that can't perform above their tier.

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,393 posts
14,760 battles

I don't worry about tiers, I can't change what MM puts me in, so I just make the best of it and do what I can with the ship I have.  Beside since I play a lot of BBs and CAs, I can always sink the DDs.  :amazed:

[SIM]
Members
1,700 posts
The 2 tier above your own tier matches are the most challenging and frustrating yet they are the most fun. You just need to do things a little differently.
  • Cool 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
8,882 battles

the great thing about WoWS is that everything can be competitive, even when uptiered.

i've never been bottom tier in a match and thought "well i'm doing nothing today."

maybe "i need to be careful here."

but i've never felt useless. i don't think there are any ships that can't perform above their tier.

I'm always trying to be too funny in my posts I guess.  Serious question format:  'At what tier level difference would you consider playing more careful in order to still get your Kraken and High Calibre award?'  Dammit I was close on that one.

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,767 battles

Never.  I'm not frightened by challenges or things I see as opportunities.

[SYN]
Members
5,878 posts
13,316 battles

Bottom tier in WoWS is no big deal.  Most of the ships in the game can still contribute meaningfully, and even carry if necessary, when bottom tier.

It's not at all like WoT where being bottom tier is often crippling and near pointless.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,828 battles

Only time I really have that moment is tier 8 cruiser in a tier 10 game.

[WOLFA]
Members
76 posts
30,531 battles

It depends what ship you're in:

Destroyers:  Do well against higher tiers; the maps are usually a little bigger so you can use stealth even easier.

Cruisers:  Huge disadvantages; the lower the tier, the more you hide behind BBs and simply exist to ward off DD charges.

Battleships:  Low tier battleships should act like cruisers; except when you hide behind the other BBs, you ward of the cruiser charges.

Carriers:  No big deal, unless you're T6 and your partner is T8.  Park next to the T8 guy and start praying to RNGesus for salvation.

True story:  My first encounter with the NAGATO was with my NICHOLAS.  I had been lurking around some islands near the edge of the map when I could see the NAGATO coming in my direction, right into some very tight quarters.  Teammates had him spotted but he couldn't see me; I was behind the island, salivating because I knew once he came between two islands, he would be right next to me with nowhere to turn to evade.  I throttled up, kicked on the boost, pointed my bow at him, put my head down and charged like a bull.  He never had a chance; two full volleys of torpedoes at point-blank range sent him back to port.

The moral?  Never fear.  Just adjust your tactics to the situation and get some points!

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,260 posts
12,185 battles

Never, however, not because I'm the bomb. Unless you count the fact that if at any point I'm screwed - this is basically how it goes

If I'm going down I'm at least trying to take someone with me. Or inflict as much damage as humanly possible.:hiding:

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
8,882 battles

This thread didn't go the way I was hoping.  Should have did the positive side of the poll with, " When top tier when do you do your most vigorous happy dance?"

Forum Poster GrumpyPants78426 says: " I don't dance.  No matter what tier I feel the same and do my best. "

Only real time is when I'm in a T6 CV and get thrown into T8 MM

I chuckle when I see those ones.

Forum Poster GrumpyPants78426 says: "Do your job and spot DDs.  No matter what tier I feel the same and do my best. "

Edited by nationaloilwellvarco

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
118 posts
8,882 battles

Kudos for the most pointless poll ever conceived.....:fishpalm:

I win! Thanks.

Looking for individuals that have similar feelings to me when a game starts and talking about a game I enjoy.  

I found forum poster GrumpyPants78426's sibling.  Yeah!

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,020 posts
50,588 battles

Almost 2/3 say never.

Bunch of liars, lol.

:teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

being low tiered hasn't bothered me in a long while.   may be it did when I was a noob.  :D

with all the tier 8s,  you get used to it.