You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Quaffer

The WASD Hack

19 comments in this topic

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

The most effective deterrent against incoming ordinance ever devised by the pernicious mind of woman.  That's right it was first formulated by a member of the gentle sex.  Don't believe me?  Think back upon their gait and mind fuddling peregrinations and tell me I'm wrong.  But for the price of four box tops, three bubblegum wrappers, two bottle caps, and one thin dime, I will share with you the awesome secret, and the most efficacious way to employ it.

Believe it or not there are still players who have not come to understand the true significance of the WASD hack.  I know, right?

So where can you download it?  You can't. It's built into the game.  In case you still have not caught on, the Hack part is a running joke.  When someone tells you to use the WASD hack they are telling you to change your course and your speed frequently.  Because between the time a shell or torpedo is fired, and the time it reaches its chosen point of impact, you have an opportunity to be someplace else.  That is what WASD is all about.  If you get locked into focusing on a target and fail to make course and speed changes it is ridiculously easy for an experienced player to hit your ship.  

The really good players may even be able to predict your turns and speed changes so that even a simple WASD hack won't help. So be unpredictable in your turns.  Don't throw your tiller over a half notch or a full notch and leave it.  Don't turn right and left and right and left.  Mix it up.  Don't travel at full speed all of the time. Speed up, slow down, slow down more.  Hold the same speed for five seconds, then ten seconds, then three seconds. Go ahead and annoy the engineering crew. You're in charge. They'll be sure to be annoyed when they see that shiny ship sunk.  (Try saying that three times fast. Now take a swig of rum and try it again.)

As an added bonus, the WASD hack does not require you to compensate for your speed and course changes when you use it.  Once your guns are locked on a target they hold the firing solution until you move your mouse.  Just make sure to make corrections when the target changes his heading.

So that's the WASD hack in a nutshell.  Just remember the true WASD users toast: "Confusion to the enemy".

• Cool 13

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles

:D +1 to you Quaffer that is a very good explanation. It's a great hack, you don't even need to mod it in.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,544 posts
33,537 battles

What? You mean it is legal? I wont get banned for using the WASD Hack?

Whaddaya know?

• Funny 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,836 posts
4,868 battles

I ran into someone few weeks ago and he was calling me an hacker cause none of his torpedoes are hitting me. true story

[-KIA-]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers, Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
6,478 posts
7,982 battles

Nobody could hit me yesterday in Tashkent, much WASD hack.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,140 posts
9,801 battles

WASD hack is your friend against snipers. Brawling, you have to turn before the red fires his guns because those rounds travel much faster than your ship can.

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,523 posts
6,081 battles

SoupDq7.jpg

[CTG80]
[CTG80]
Members
4,534 posts
13,544 battles

I ran into someone few weeks ago and he was calling me an hacker cause none of his torpedoes are hitting me. true story

Did you tell him you were using the illegal WASD hack?

Members
358 posts
10,402 battles

For what it is worth I have noticed the detectability of torps is like WOW "2.5 km on 20km Torps doing 49km" like what the heck are you going to hit with those? AFK'ers?

In 2.5 km the ship can turn a complete circle before they get there.  

So much fun grinding your way up to end up... With essentially short of area denial torps.... Even then Min - 2 Min reloads.  

The thing that gets me is DDs are suppose to be the spotters for the team.... Provide cover Smoke at crucial times to give your mates a chance....

But they have been neutered so bad a torps hit goes beyond lucky...  1.1km detection is swallowable 1.5km for high speed torps but 2.5km really? 

2.5km on torps only going barely 9km hr. faster than the fastest DDs and some BBs able to go 30km hr.

A DD driver is no more than a intelligence provider now and there is no damage points for spotting and pointing the highest threats...

There is no points for smoking and possibly saving mates.... And if another DD gets within detect range which happens often when pushing up front to spot,.. it is rare to have the guys/gals you are up there for opening fire to give you a chance to get away to spot more... Soooo what do you do?  Just give up driving DDs I guess?  I can remember not so long ago there where complaints that DD's where not doing there job's and that they where getting suicidal going way to close to enemies to drop torps to get an assured hit and the teams eyes where gone p'ing the team off.... then when DD's started doing their jobs and ships where sinking frequently they got neutered on detect range of torps.  Even with watching the ship you are hunting and watching for changes of speed and direction with reticle tracking for 30 secs to make sure the course was true and reticle was solid.... as soon as torps where fired the ship would suddenly change course.... And yes I do as bud said try and guess what the ship may do and sometimes get lucky.  1.1 with detect buff 1.5 is the most maybe 2.5 with Sonar or hydro on but then you have to be detected before you would think a opponent would use the short duration of it right so it is not wasted?  Much about nothing.... just curious to my mates thought's on this?  

Edited by NorthBayite

Members
267 posts
2,943 battles

For what it is worth I have noticed the detectability of torps is like WOW "2.5 km on 20km Torps doing 49km" like what the heck are you going to hit with those? AFK'ers?

In 2.5 km the ship can turn a complete circle before they get there.  

So much fun grinding your way up to end up... With essentially short of area denial torps.... Even then Min - 2 Min reloads.  

The thing that gets me is DDs are suppose to be the spotters for the team.... Provide cover Smoke at crucial times to give your mates a chance....

But they have been neutered so bad a torps hit goes beyond lucky...  1.1km detection is swallowable 1.5km for high speed torps but 2.5km really? 

2.5km on torps only going barely 9km hr. faster than the fastest DDs and some BBs able to go 30km hr.

A DD driver is no more than a intelligence provider now and there is no damage points for spotting and pointing the highest threats...

There is no points for smoking and possibly saving mates.... And if another DD gets within detect range which happens often when pushing up front to spot,.. it is rare to have the guys/gals you are up there for opening fire to give you a chance to get away to spot more... Soooo what do you do?  Just give up driving DDs I guess?  I can remember not so long ago there where complaints that DD's where not doing there job's and that they where getting suicidal going way to close to enemies to drop torps to get an assured hit and the teams eyes where gone p'ing the team off.... then when DD's started doing their jobs and ships where sinking frequently they got neutered on detect range of torps.  Even with watching the ship you are hunting and watching for changes of speed and direction with reticle tracking for 30 secs to make sure the course was true and reticle was solid.... as soon as torps where fired the ship would suddenly change course.... And yes I do as bud said try and guess what the ship may do and sometimes get lucky.  1.1 with detect buff 1.5 is the most maybe 2.5 with Sonar or hydro on but then you have to be detected before you would think a opponent would use the short duration of it right so it is not wasted?  Much about nothing.... just curious to my mates thought's on this?  

is this really what this thread is about ? :hmm:

also +1 Quaffer

Members
358 posts
10,402 battles

is this really what this thread is about ? :hmm:

also +1 Quaffer

Well giving just in giving a DD's perspective and what is being said about WSAD Hacks.... Then yes it is in the form of perspective... Guess I was not plain enough SORRY MATE! 

[HINON]
Members
1,585 posts
17,663 battles

Side effects of WASD may include, but are not limited to; 

-extreme wear on rudders

-the inability to stop listening to eurobeats

-motion sickness among the ships crew

-unforeseen shifting of any object not bolted down

-the enraging of your enemies

-unanticipated groundings

-accidental collisions with friendly ships

-a false feeling of invincibility

-the degradation of the power of the torpedo

-the inability to ever sail in a straight line again

-and a unhealthy obsession with reducing rudder shift time.

cGPz0cP.jpg

• Cool 1

[M-B]
Members
7 posts
6,242 battles
On 7/18/2016 at 3:57 PM, Quaffer said:

The most effective deterrent against incoming ordinance ever devised by the pernicious mind of woman.  That's right it was first formulated by a member of the gentle sex.  Don't believe me?  Think back upon their gait and mind fuddling peregrinations and tell me I'm wrong.  But for the price of four box tops, three bubblegum wrappers, two bottle caps, and one thin dime, I will share with you the awesome secret, and the most efficacious way to employ it.

Believe it or not there are still players who have not come to understand the true significance of the WASD hack.  I know, right?

So where can you download it?  You can't. It's built into the game.  In case you still have not caught on, the Hack part is a running joke.  When someone tells you to use the WASD hack they are telling you to change your course and your speed frequently.  Because between the time a shell or torpedo is fired, and the time it reaches its chosen point of impact, you have an opportunity to be someplace else.  That is what WASD is all about.  If you get locked into focusing on a target and fail to make course and speed changes it is ridiculously easy for an experienced player to hit your ship.  

The really good players may even be able to predict your turns and speed changes so that even a simple WASD hack won't help. So be unpredictable in your turns.  Don't throw your tiller over a half notch or a full notch and leave it.  Don't turn right and left and right and left.  Mix it up.  Don't travel at full speed all of the time. Speed up, slow down, slow down more.  Hold the same speed for five seconds, then ten seconds, then three seconds. Go ahead and annoy the engineering crew. You're in charge. They'll be sure to be annoyed when they see that shiny ship sunk.  (Try saying that three times fast. Now take a swig of rum and try it again.)

As an added bonus, the WASD hack does not require you to compensate for your speed and course changes when you use it.  Once your guns are locked on a target they hold the firing solution until you move your mouse.  Just make sure to make corrections when the target changes his heading.

So that's the WASD hack in a nutshell.  Just remember the true WASD users toast: "Confusion to the enemy".

I adore this post.... absolutely love it! <3 

Members
33 posts
On 7/18/2016 at 3:11 PM, MajorRenegade said:

So true. It gets really frustrating in my isokaze, (i'm newb) when battleships evade my torps, I am very tempted to just fire the guns, but i know i'll get deleted. But then again there's always going to be those games when dd's sail straight into my torps.

[UBS]
Alpha Tester
62 posts
13,016 battles
On 7/18/2016 at 4:04 PM, LubzinNJ said:

:D +1 to you Quaffer that is a very good explanation. It's a great hack, you don't even need to mod it in.

Agreed! Quaffer that was very good. As a battleship captain whos very stingy with his shots I cant tell you how often i see ships just shooting away steaming in a straight line at the same speeds even at tier 10! Sometimes they realize they are in over their heads and try to turn away with 5 enemy ships just watching and waiting for that broadside/turn shot! A 30 second reload makes you very patient and accurate shot indeed!