Kelorn

The Warships Podcast: created by Kelorn and KamiSamurai [6/22: TX141 Ranks out in Pensacola!]

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

144 posts in this topic

You did awesome @Vanessaira and thanks for all your help!

Was cool for me, because I ONLY know Vanessaira from your playstyle on YouTube and catching you in battle - so hearing you and hearing, for instance, that you run a secondary build on Roon is awesome.

Yeah don't tell anyone about that... >.> I enjoy the shock value on people when they see secondaries firing on them from so far. It's rather comical. 

Episode 10: Listener Q&A with Wargaming NA

Quemapueblos and Trevzor from Wargaming NA come on the show to answer questions submitted by our listeners. We talk about the state of the Mogami, the economy, incoming carrier updates, and many other topics! Q even drops some hints about great things coming soon!

Great questions today from all including swagger's and iaDave's.  I didn't catch the post that opened up for questions - I would have asked when/why the Shima guns were not buffed in 5.12 as indicated in the notes.  The real questions, are, "is it coming" and similarly "will the Udaloi receive the range nerf described in the notes".  Too bad I missed, but if Q or WG is reading...???

Edited by WhiteRecon

Episode 11: British Cruisers, Patch 0.5.13, and the Naval History and Heritage Command

This episode Kami and Kelorn discuss the much anticipated Royal Navy Light Cruiser line as well as the quality of life changes and the new containers in Patch 0.5.13. Highlighting the episode, Historian Dr Ryan Peeks and Lieutenant Chloe Morgan of the US Navy's Naval History and Heritage Command join us to answer some warships related history questions!

Be sure to check out the NHHC on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/USNHistory/

Listen to Episode 11 HERE!

So not true AP is not a hindrance at all, devastating strikes yes but HE would make them so over powered, smoking and destroyer killing is to its max potential without making them OP. These ships are for high skilled players due to the fact they are squishy ask a player called Tally_whacker he is he best cruiser player I know for the british cruisers even better than flamu!!    

Edited by mikemjk

The interview with the historian was great, (as were the other episodes) hope to hear more from them. I never bother to look that stuff up myself but if it falls on my lap I'm all ears.

*taps finger impatiently on the comm shack door*

Yoman!  Wheres that pod cast?

Hasn't come in yet sir!

Blast it man!  Get them on the horn and tell them to get cracking!

Aye Aye Sir!  I'll pass the word!

Good Man, Carry on!

Episode 12: Halloween Spooktacular and iChase discusses British Light Cruisers

Kelorn, Vanessa, and iChase discuss the fantastic Halloween event and take an in-depth ship by ship look at the new British Light Cruiser line!

LISTEN TO EPISODE 12 HERE!

Enjoy my fill in for the episode @Vanessa! 

It was with great honour!!! 

Besides I knew your Bushido spirit was with us. :)

Kami no-show explained - KamiSamurai spotted going full potato at 1:16 - https://youtu.be/YmBPSrHuIcI?t=1m16s

Loved the show today, we need to put iChase in charge of CVs at WG - I hate red CVs but they are needed (btw, T6 CV deleted my Sharnhorst last night, why do people [like me] not play CVs?).  iChase, not allowed to talk about Zao anymore, lost all CA credibility....

Thanks as always!

Edited by WhiteRecon

Glad you liked the episode, WhiteRecon. 

We're working on getting a CV roundtable together with WG and some prominent CV players to talk about where CV's are at. Could be a good episode!

Episode 13: Steven Seagal!?! ARP Takao and Sir_Venom_ik

Sir_Venom_ik, Vanessaira, Kelorn, and Kami get together for round table discussion of current events in World of Warships including the Seagal Captain, ARP Takao, Clan beta, HMS Belfast, and other fun topics!

Check out Sir_Venom_ik on Twitter at @sir_venom_ik and on Twitch at twitch.tv/sirvenomik!

LISTEN TO EPISODE 13 HERE!

Hello listeners!  Looking for question and topics that you would like to be discussed on the show.  We want to hear from our listeners and get your participation involved with the show.  Please post topics and question you would love to be discussed and debated on the show.

Yes, listeners we have expanded to include @Vanessaira =). Like she said please ask us questions and get involved with the podcast =). 

Another great show today, thanks.

Topics of interest to me that I would like your take on:

- I would prefer battle timer set higher to 25 minutes, especially in higher tier matches - the clock should not determine matches as often as it does.

- With VMF DD line nerfs all stacked up, isn't it time to decrease the VMF +2km penalty to detection while firing on the line?

- I suggest events where MM is temporarily changed to Allies vs. Axis; I haven't thought through if there is an obvious OP side tho, lol.

- Late night T10 MM can be fun because as queue shrinks it becomes unpredictable.  The <12v12 matches are very fun, MM should routinely throw in some 9v9 matches.

- Opinions on optimum ships for 3 person division?  Kutozov, Donskoi and Kagero/Fletcher would be pretty strong...

I know MM is scary for WG to mess with, but I see a lot of potential to spice it up.  Love the show, thanks again!

Thanks for the podcast, I hope the show stay over the time, I really like it ,especially while on the office :P

:)

Another great show today, thanks.

Topics of interest to me that I would like your take on:

- I would prefer battle timer set higher to 25 minutes, especially in higher tier matches - the clock should not determine matches as often as it does.

- With VMF DD line nerfs all stacked up, isn't it time to decrease the VMF +2km penalty to detection while firing on the line?

- I suggest events where MM is temporarily changed to Allies vs. Axis; I haven't thought through if there is an obvious OP side tho, lol.

- Late night T10 MM can be fun because as queue shrinks it becomes unpredictable.  The <12v12 matches are very fun, MM should routinely throw in some 9v9 matches.

- Opinions on optimum ships for 3 person division?  Kutozov, Donskoi and Kagero/Fletcher would be pretty strong...

I know MM is scary for WG to mess with, but I see a lot of potential to spice it up.  Love the show, thanks again!

Thank you WhiteRecon!  Some things we can definitely talk about.

Still looking for more questions from the listeners.  Post POST!!! :D

Episode 14: Veteran's Day, NoZoupforYou, and the Graf Spee

Kelorn, Kami, and Vanessa sit down with NoZoupForYou and talk about Patch 0.5.14, the HMAS Perth, Tier X Permanent Camo's, and the Graf Spee.

Look for NoZoupForYou at @ZoupGaming and on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoupGaming

LISTEN TO EPISODE 14 HERE!