You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Megahelms

Change Hatsuharu back to what it was before....a DESTROYER

79 comments in this topic

[GSS_]
Members
11 posts
1,860 battles

Maybe it's just me, but I finally got Hatsuharu and almost immediately nicknamed it "Hatsu Hates You."

In beta, it had 5 guns, faster torp reload times, turned faster, was fast in the water, and lived up to what would be considered the reputation of a Destroyer.

Now...2 guns that hit like someone shooting airsoft guns and a freight train, torps that are slow as hell stock, and aren't much better upgraded, a ship that you can barely improve at all, slow in the water, turns like a BB, and has basically all functionality taken away from it aside from simply being bait...oops, I mean a spotter.

Can we please fix this ship?   It is supposed to be an improvement from Mutsuki and Minekaze, but as far as I am concerned, Minekaze is the vastly superior ship.  I have yet to get any kills in my Hatsu, barely any gun hits, and a LOT of deaths cause it just blows worse than a $2 [edited]on triple coupon night.

Alpha Tester
1,140 posts
2,160 battles

Just do what everyone else does when they get a Hatsuharu. Free xp past it. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
20,290 battles

It was never supposed to be an improvement over the Mini or the Mut.

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
2,071 battles

You mean it's even worse than the MuchSucky?

[GSS_]
Members
11 posts
1,860 battles

Just do what everyone else does when they get a Hatsuharu. Free xp past it. 

That's a lot of free XP use....I didn't know we could get 115k free xp.  lol

[--K--]
Members
5,436 posts
19,253 battles

That's a lot of free XP use....I didn't know we could get 115k free xp.  lol

I had over 110k free xp once...then ships happened.:sceptic:

But back to the Hatsu, she isn't a gun boat and her guns should only be used from smoke, self defense or finishing a low health target. She is best playing the silent ninja sneaking around laying torpedo ambushes. Once you find her grove it won't take long to start raking up the xp needed to get the Fubuki. A ship worth grinding to. 

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
20,290 battles

You mean it's even worse than the MuchSucky?

​Yes it was.

Don't diss my mut.

[-KIA-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,544 posts
8,491 battles

It's not bad, I just didn't like the 2 torp launchers.

Members
76 posts
3,240 battles

The Hatsu is a T6 ship forced into T7. It's a small improvement over the Mustsucky, but at least it's not a Farracrap.  The Hatsu does need a little something. maybe one of the following.

• torp speed improvement
  • an improved reloading time on the torps.  
  • Double the turn rate of the turrets
  • Make it as invisible as the Mustsucky.

...something... that makes it an improvement over what it is and puts it in line with all the premium DDs now out there.

Right now, I just play it as a less stealthy, tougher Mustsucky with a little... LITTLE bit better chance to survive if it gets into a gun duel thanks to bigger torps and double guns.

Edited by ResonantOne

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Talk about hyperbole.  This thread exists, just so you know: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/58859-hatsuharu-fan-club/#topmost

5 guns are only the stock hull.  And you have 4 in top hull, not 2.

Slow?  36.5 knots is faster than many other destroyers.  And a 580 turning radius is only 30 meters wider than a Minekaze, 20 more than a Mahan and vastly better than the 690 meters of a Kiev.  2.3 rudder shift is also one of the best in the game.

62 knots is plenty for torpedoes(compare to US torpedoes like the Benson's, which go at 55 knots and still don't have the range of Hatsuharu's,) and you can make it better with Torpedo Accel.

On top of that, she is the first Japanese destroyer to get 127mm guns, which are excellent for accurate long-range sniping on crippled opponents or for starting fires.

I've played and liked Hatsuharu since Alpha, and you are simply remembering wrong.  I don't want to be rude, but you're not a particularly good player and have pretty poor performance in Minekaze, Mutsuki AND Hatsuharu, so this is much more a PEBKAC issue of someone who needs to study and learn Japanese destroyer play.  It sounds like you are being too aggressive, getting spotted and blown up early.  If you want to be a Japanese destroyer captain, you have to focus more on surviving, and prowling around for those opportunities where you can stick a good torp spread into someone distracted or in a bad position.

Edited by Seraphil
  • Cool 3

[GSS_]
Members
11 posts
1,860 battles

Talk about hyperbole.  This thread exists, just so you know: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/58859-hatsuharu-fan-club/#topmost

5 guns are only the stock hull.  And you have 4 in top hull, not 2.

Slow?  36.5 knots is faster than many other destroyers.  And a 580 turning radius is only 30 meters wider than a Minekaze, 20 more than a Mahan and vastly better than the 690 meters of a Kiev.  2.3 rudder shift is also one of the best in the game.

62 knots is plenty for torpedoes(compare to US torpedoes like the Benson's, which go at 55 knots and still don't have the range of Hatsuharu's,) and you can make it better with Torpedo Accel.

On top of that, she is the first Japanese destroyer to get 127mm guns, which are excellent for accurate long-range sniping on crippled opponents or for starting fires.

I've played and liked Hatsuharu since Alpha, and you are simply remembering wrong.  I don't want to be rude, but you're not a particularly good player and have pretty poor performance in Minekaze, Mutsuki AND Hatsuharu, so this is much more a PEBKAC issue of someone who needs to study and learn Japanese destroyer play.  It sounds like you are being too aggressive, getting spotted and blown up early.  If you want to be a Japanese destroyer captain, you have to focus more on surviving, and prowling around for those opportunities where you can stick a good torp spread into someone distracted or in a bad position.

Wow.....tell me how you really feel.

I don't care how good I am, I play for relaxation and enjoyment....and this ship is not enjoyable at all.  Yes, I am aggressive, and have tried ninja torping and running right at someone and actually have better success charging in on a target for some reason.  

And that the hell is PEBKAC?!   lol

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,191 battles

I don't care how good I am, I play for relaxation and enjoyment....and this ship is not enjoyable at all.  Yes, I am aggressive, and have tried ninja torping and running right at someone and actually have better success charging in on a target for some reason.  

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

your keyboard wire is [edited].

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

Yuor not alone, I never likes Hasu, but now the IJN DD line is so borked that Fubuki is the last IJN DD that is semi worth a Damn. You think Hats is useless, Kagero is even worse, and Shimakaze is little better. IJN DD line is in a sorry state, which is a sharp contrast to their other three lines, all of which are exceptionally good. But hey it could be worse, you could be grinding up the US CV line, the worst line in the game right now.

Edited by ryuukei8569

Alpha Tester
1,054 posts
4,542 battles

The hatsu is meant to go back and forth using both guns and torps on larger ships.  The guns have a 9% chance of fire and a shallow, easy to aim arch.  Abuse that. If you manage to torp someone and flood them, they stopped the flooding, now make them burn.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

The ship is not enjoyable because you are trying to force it into a style of play it's not meant for.  If you want to do suicide runs and be aggressive, don't play Japanese destroyers, play US ones.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

But the Hatsuharu is great if played right...

The Mutuski, as she is, is a better tier 7. That argument is totally invalid, because you could put a tier 2 at tier 8, and "in the right hands" people would still find a way to well with it. Just because some people perform well in it, doesn't mean it's good.

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

The Mutuski, as she is, is a better tier 7. That argument is totally invalid, because you could put a tier 2 at tier 8, and "in the right hands" people would still find a way to well with it. Just because some people perform well in it, doesn't mean it's good.

No truer words could be spoken. A lot of people find the Des Moines to be absolute crap, Yet i am able to make it work beautifully. A number of people hate Amagi, despite it being an exceptionally good ship. Some people still find a way to do well in USN carriers, despite the whole lot of them generally being crap. But yeah, just because some people manage to do good in a certain ship doesn't make the ship good.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,641 posts
10,993 battles

In competent hands Hatsu is still dangerous enough. Most of its best chances for surprise torp attacks seem to be on distracted enemy ships fighting your teammates, and like already noted it's got the guns for attempting to start a fire. Faced enough of those captains to know it doesn't need any changes.