Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ValkyrWarframe

How To Use Training Room Without The Mod

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

8 posts in this topic

OK, so I figured out on Public Test and in any version of the game how to use training room without mods.

1. Go to your game directory and open preferences.xml

2. Find the line that says "<game_type> (whatever it was on when you exited last time) </game_type>"

3. Change whatever is in that field so it says this: "<game_type> TrainingBattle </game_type>"

4. Launch the game, it will say Co-Op battle but when you actually battle it will take you into Training Room.

If you want to change back, simply select the battle mode again that you desire.  However, if you want to do training again once you have reverted you need to repeat the steps above.

I have this with pictures in my sig if anyone likes pictures.

I have this with pictures in my sig if anyone likes pictures.

Sorry, I just decided to write this quick in between classes.

Or you could get the trainingraum mod 

http://wows-modcom.de/2016/06/24/0-5-7-0-trainingraum/

It's better that way so you don't have to edit files and restart game every time you want to select a different gametype.

Well, I did this primarily because Public Test doesn't have a compatible version of training room.

OK, so I figured out on Public Test and in any version of the game how to use training room without mods.

1. Go to your game directory and open preferences.xml

2. Find the line that says "<game_type> (whatever it was on when you exited last time) </game_type>"

3. Change whatever is in that field so it says this: "<game_type> TrainingBattle </game_type>"

4. Launch the game, it will say Co-Op battle but when you actually battle it will take you into Training Room.

If you want to change back, simply select the battle mode again that you desire.  However, if you want to do training again once you have reverted you need to repeat the steps above.

You do realize that you just modded the game on your own?  At this point, your game is no more vanilla than if you used a normal mod to do it.

You do realize that you just modded the game on your own?  At this point, your game is no more vanilla than if you used a normal mod to do it.

Well, not everyone has time to do this.  I myself have classes over the summer to do, not like I'm sitting 24/7 on the forums or playing 24/7.

Posted (edited) · Report post

You're messing with the coding this way. Better way is wow > res > scripts_config. Change line of xml file disable traning room from true to false. This enables training room without mucking up the battle menu.

Also, this way you do not have to change coding every time you want to play a co-op or random battle.

Edited by Admiral_Goodfella

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0