You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Been a test for 5.8 and some of my thoughts...

35 comments in this topic

Members
1,879 posts
7,191 battles

I LIKE IT!!!!

1- MM does seem to be making a good effort to make teams more even. 

2- New ribbons you can turn off if you like, but they are cool and i left them on. By putting your pointer over them you get a all the stats. Like on the how many hits you have ribbon it will tell you how many were 

penetrations, non-penetrations and over penetrations. 

3- Divisions well.... still seeing some issues, but not anywhere near as bad as before. But that could be over the fact it is test server and ppl don't make stupid divisions like on reg server. 

4- Bastion Mode...awesome with forts and surveillance stations. They work and i like this mode a lot. Does make capping more interesting and fun. One thing though...it does require more tactics and teams working more together. At the start of the game caps are neutral and when the cap is taken they shift to that team. They can be destroyed but over time they repair. Only thing i would change is give them better accuracy they miss a lot.

5- If you friendly fire your whole team will know you did by game in chat telling everyone on the team in bright pink lettering that you got a warning for friendly fire. 

6- Have not played any of the ships with the 360 deg turret rotation yet... so can not say how that is. 

7- HE and AP shell now have different colors and unless you feel you have the need a mod is no longer needed. 

8- The changes to commander voices if you choose to use them are great. Adds a sweet feeling to the game. It is just like the national voices you can get in WoT for different nations tanks. 

I am very pleased with what WG has done in this patch. If any of you have the time and are not doing anything on test i suggest you give it a try. 

/Salute

Edited by SeaQuest_
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,369 battles

Big thing I don't like, not enough credits.  I am already down to one million and I only got Moskva and Yamato.

Members
1,879 posts
7,191 battles

Big thing I don't like, not enough credits.  I am already down to one million and I only got Moskva and Yamato.

Agree they did nerf the amount of doubloons and credits you get at the start from other tests. 

Members
3,929 posts
20,900 battles

what's this correlation between pink and team killing? Couldn't they just make it bright red?

Something is fishy at wargaming cyprus HQ.

[-DUI-]
Members
92 posts
3,007 battles

6- Have not played any of the ships with the 360 deg turret rotation yet... so can not say how that is. 

What are you talking about?

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,733 battles

1- MM does seem to be making a good effort to make teams more even. 

Hopefully the numerous threads complaining about how MM is drunk will die down... 

(I can dream right?)

Members
1,879 posts
7,191 battles

Rotating Turrets and Main Battery Mounts
In update 0.5.8, we have added a special feature to enable a 360-degree rotation of certain turrets and turret mounts. This change will make the gameplay more comfortable on certain ships and allow their commanders maneuver more aggressively, reducing losses in firepower when shifting fire from side to side.

Edited by SeaQuest_

Members
848 posts
6,895 battles

Some of the ships have turrets that can rotate all the way around, so it should quicken the time it takes to switch a turret's arc of fire from one side to another.

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

As far as the 360 degree turret is that if the turret was all the way to the extreme stop and lets say rotated Clockwise all the way and an enemy ship approached just 90 degrees more clockwise if you could not move the ship in position or turn the turret would have to go ALL the way counter clockwise  270 degrees which on a BB would be...forever..lol!

With 360 your not restricted by mechanical stops on the turret gear. 

Beta Testers
323 posts
869 battles

all the new sounds are epic! Even the new citadel sounds are good. It kinda sounds like the sound you get when detonating bionics in mass effect.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Did you try the Zao yet?  Rumor is that they redid her armor model and that it's not stupidly impenetrable any more.

[ARR0W]
Members
6,136 posts
32,863 battles

Im probably the only troglodyte who doesnt want a change to MM, I like swirl more than vanilla. 

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

oh great. so the rumors say their reducing the zao to tissue paper like all the other japanese ships.. woooonderful.. {/sarcasm}

Members
2,379 posts
4,061 battles

I've only tried on clemson. Unfortunately, this turret is the #1 turret, so you'll see no benefit unless you are kiting. There it is beneficial, but (as before) you have to make a pretty big turn to unmask that turret when shooting backwards. 

Edited by TheSupremeOne34

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

oh great. so the rumors say their reducing the zao to tissue paper like all the other japanese ships.. woooonderful.. {/sarcasm}

"Waaah, I need my ship with a 3km invisi-firing window, the most powerful 8" HE, and second-most powerful 8" AP to also be impervious to gunfire so I can run up to battleships and torpedo them."

Edited by TenguBlade

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I LIKE IT!!!!

SNIP*

5- If you friendly fire your whole team will know you did by game in chat telling everyone on the team in bright pink lettering that you got a warning for friendly fire. 

Sorry, this is the dumbest idea ever. The pink thing has gotten so out of hand, it's bordering on absurd.

We don't have enough stupid spam in game as it is...we need pink spam every time someone touches a friendly ship?

I getting tired of it, and I haven't even managed to go pink yet.:unsure:

• Cool 1

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

2T9gXdZ.png

Not liking the new damage notification flags. The old flags were bright and clear and easy to understand. You could see them clearly against different backgrounds. I hope there is an option to return to the old style flags.

Other than that, all the improvements look great. Haven't played Bastion yet...

Members
1,207 posts

2T9gXdZ.png

Not liking the new damage notification flags. The old flags were bright and clear and easy to understand. You could see them clearly against different backgrounds. I hope there is an option to return to the old style flags.

Other than that, all the improvements look great. Haven't played Bastion yet...

There is a way... it is in the controls section of settings. It is Detailed Ribbons and Damage Indicator. Uncheck that.
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

"Waaah, I need my ship with a 3km invisi-firing window, the most powerful 8" HE, and second-most powerful 8" AP to also be impervious to gunfire so I can run up to battleships and torpedo them."

your damned right. especially when half the entire enemy team disappears off the screen ( battleships included ) at less than 2KM distance from me.. Besides which, I havent even made it to tier 9 yet.. Frikkin invisible ships are pissin me off.. I dont mind DDs but BB's?? Jesus..

Members
1,879 posts
7,191 battles

Don't worry. Still has great armor for a CA and still kicks butt. 

Beta Testers
3,072 posts
1,908 battles

I want to play Bastion mode :playing: Wounder if they will add Air Bases that launch small flights of FT and DB.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

*Queues the chorus from Handel's Messiah*

The heavy damage/citadel sound has been changed. If there is a ring to it, it's in my deaf range and I can't hear it anymore.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Don't worry. Still has great armor for a CA and still kicks butt. 

She doesn't still bounce Yamato shells while only slightly angled, does she?:hiding:

I know the Moskva can also do that, but it's Russian, that's "expected."