You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BladedPheonix

German DD and German torpedo questions

40 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

Howdy Sailors!

So I watched a U-boat documentary last night on PBS ( it was about the XXI aka type 21 class U-boat) and I started pondering about German torpedoes. Now I know I maybe jumping the gun here because with the exception to that 1 DD on the RU server (seriously WG why didn't the Na get a chance to obtain this thing we spend way more money anyways!:unsure:) we don't have German DDs as of yet. But my mind wont rest until some of the questions are answered, so I'll list them below for you.

What types of German DD's can we expect WG to be adding? ( please give forum links, website links, and or pictures if able)

Does Germany have enough DDs that existed to make a complete tree? and if not what ships would WG put in to fill the gaps?

Will their torpedoes have longer ranges than the current 6 km that German cruisers and Tirpitz have?

Were German U-boat torpedoes compatable with DDs and if so could this mean we might have some torpedoes with different functions?

anyways, hope to hear your answers/feed back!

until next time I'll C'ya on the Sea!:honoring:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
26,569 battles

What thing on the RU server?

• Cool 2

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

I'd like to know as well :coin: :popcorn:
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,415 battles

plenty of narvik types to choose but maybe have to go a little further into the prototype dds if they had any or it would most likely be more of the same wit ha few upgrades or maybe they will give em enough buffs to compete against there other dds

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I don't know what you're talking about "with the exception to that 1 DD on the RU server (seriously WG why didn't the Na get a chance to obtain this thing we spend way more money anyways!" The clients are practically the same, we have all the ship-models and what-not that all the other servers have in our client.

Please clarify.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
475 posts
5,244 battles

I cannot find any German DDs on warships today, on any server, for all time, with any number of battles. Nor can I find one on the wiki.

Are you, by chance, thinking of the Polish DD Błyskawica?

Edited by PG908

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

back when Alpha rewards were being handed out someone posted a picture of a German DD that the RU server testers got along with their Iwaki Alphas. Z-17 I think it was called? it looks like a cross between the Gremy and a Mahan but was tier 4?:amazed: 

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

back when Alpha rewards were being handed out someone posted a picture of a German DD that the RU server testers got along with their Iwaki Alphas. Z-17 I think it was called? it looks like a cross between the Gremy and a Mahan but was tier 4?:amazed: 

Methinks you got trolled by photoshop

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

OK I it looked up on wikipedia!

The ship I remember them posting looked like this ship but it's main guns were single mounts not twin mounts!:unsure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_1936A-class_destroye

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Google search pulls up nothing on the matter, had to be a fake.

Beta Testers
475 posts
5,244 battles

The Z-17 was a specific german destroyer built in 1936, but it doesn't sound like something we'd see in game. Both as something added so early (german ships as an alpha reward, well before germany was in the ui, even with extended tech tree mods). It doesn't follow the game's naming conventions, either.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

OK I it looked up on wikipedia!

The ship I remember them posting looked like this ship but it's main guns were single mounts not twin mounts!:unsure:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_1936A-class_destroye

There is no Narvik-Class in any clients, data-miners would've picked it up long ago.

I probably would've noticed also.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

meh lets forget about the "mystery DD" and focus on torpedoes then!:hmm: shall we?

while on subject, and I know there's no way WG would ever add them, but what if they added the Faulk G7e( I think i got the Id right, someone have Lert check this maybe?) homing torpedoes!?!:teethhappy:

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

meh lets forget about the "mystery DD" and focus on torpedoes then!:hmm: shall we?

while on subject, and I know there's no way WG would ever add them, but what if they added the Faulk G7e( I think i got the Id right, someone have Lert check this maybe?) homing torpedoes!?!:teethhappy:

​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_torpedo

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Torpedoes that go in one direction are hell enough.. what you suggest is madness.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

Torpedoes that go in one direction are hell enough.. what you suggest is madness.

because some people in the world love to watch it burn and I'm 1 of them?:trollface:

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

​Keep in mind that the G7e needed to be fired with the engines turned off.

I'd rather they just implement torpedo gyros.

[-DUI-]
Members
92 posts
3,010 battles

But will be funny anyways, for PvE could work very well since bots wont complain :teethhappy:

If you want to know about german ships, go with dseehafer, he'll have the apropiate word for that.

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
14,400 battles

Tier 2:  S90

Tier 3:  V1

Tier 4:  B-92

Tier 5:  Raubvogel/Mowe

Tier 6:  Type 1934

Tier 7:  Type 1936

Tier 8:  Type 1936B/Z43  possibly a Papership in it;s stead with this upgrading tier 7 instead.

Tier 9:  Papership

Tier 10:  Papership

• Cool 1

[BUN]
Beta Testers
1,915 posts
6,595 battles

4479-loch-ness-monster.jpg

My lungs...

One thing I will not rest until we have is the 1934 class destroyer. 

*Totally not cause I'm a huge nerd for Z3, despite my hatred of kancolle* 

I can see tier 6 or lower for them. But they're such an old design that possibly tier 5? But they'd be the only destroyer at that tier with 5 turrets. 

An image has already been linked above it seems. 

Members
2,335 posts
6,897 battles

Everything I have read about German Destroyers was that Hitler hated them, and wanted more U-Boats, so there designs were dreadful and many were cancelled on the drawing boards as they were not considered sea worthy. So I ask do you really want German DD's.?????:(

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

My lungs...

One thing I will not rest until we have is the 1934 class destroyer. 

*Totally not cause I'm a huge nerd for Z3, despite my hatred of kancolle* 

I can see tier 6 or lower for them. But they're such an old design that possibly tier 5? But they'd be the only destroyer at that tier with 5 turrets. 

An image has already been linked above it seems. 

if memory serves, didn't that one stronglyresemble a Fletcher class DD?:unsure: