Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alpine_gremlin

Is it Possible to Change Servers?

16 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
1,729 battles

Hello all,

So my buddy lives in the U.K. and wanted to give WoWS a try. He downloaded the client but it automatically placed him on the EU server with no option to switch. He would like to play on NA so we can division up. Does he have to download the client from the NA website to do this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Supertester
4,132 posts
4,292 battles

Yes, to play he needs the game from the NA site. When he goes to make an account, he needs to replace EU with NA in the url after going to 'create account'

[MIA]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,453 posts
7,860 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/21275-tip-how-to-change-server-and-play-wows-on-all-servers-eu-na-ru-asia-using-one-game-client/

You/he will have to create a new account and you/he cannot migrate your/his NA/EU account to EU/NA.

Yes, to play he needs the game from the NA cliemt.

There is literally no difference except for ability to login to EU and in game events.

Edited by DarthDoge
  • Cool 1

Supertester
4,132 posts
4,292 battles

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/21275-tip-how-to-change-server-and-play-wows-on-all-servers-eu-na-ru-asia-using-one-game-client/

You/he will have to create a new account and you/he cannot migrate your/his NA/EU account to EU/NA.

There is literally no difference except for ability to login to EU and in game events.

I was kinda meaning to play on NA with OP...

[MIA]
6,453 posts
7,860 battles

I was kinda meaning to play on NA with OP...

But you said he has to play with NA Client.. which is not true since all the difference that is shown would be the location set in preferences.

Detected in EU = EU Server

Detected in NA = NA server

Supertester
4,132 posts
4,292 battles

But you said he has to play with NA Client.. which is not true since all the difference that is shown would be the location set in preferences.

Detected in EU = EU Server

Detected in NA = NA server

It's still the NA client, because you can't use it to play on EU. Unless you have the mod or something.

[MIA]
6,453 posts
7,860 battles

It's still the NA client, because you can't use it to play on EU. Unless you have the mod or something.

Not really, it's the World of Warships client and if it detects you are in a specific region you are assigned a server.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,410 posts
6,725 battles

there's also a mod that lets you switch if I remember correctly, one of aslains. 

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertester
6,193 posts
4,952 battles

It's actually better to download the NA client and not use the mod with the EU client if you're an English speaker to play on the NA server.

I normally use the Asia client but it broke with a version mismatch during the Phantom Fortress and Basketball Final Four events since those didn't exist on the Asia region.

Supertester
4,132 posts
4,292 battles

Not really, it's the World of Warships client and if it detects you are in a specific region you are assigned a server.

Uh, you download the client from Asia, EU, NA or RU site. Depending on where you download it depends on what server you can then play on. The client itself doesn't detect anything.

[MIA]
6,453 posts
7,860 battles

Uh, you download the client from Asia, EU, NA or RU site. Depending on where you download it depends on what server you can then play on. The client itself doesn't detect anything.

Yes but it doesn't matter where you download it from.. you're still getting practically the exact same client as ANYONE.

88536a4c4d.png

While the sizes may be different, it's likely to support different languages.

Edited by DarthDoge

[NDA]
[NDA]
Supertester
6,193 posts
4,952 battles

Yes but it doesn't matter where you download it from.. you're still getting practically the exact same client as ANYONE.

88536a4c4d.png

While the sizes may be different, it's likely to support different languages.

Region does matter... yes, it's the same client, but it updates according to the region's update schedule, you also can't log into another region's server without using a mod and without having an account that matches that region.

Members
1 post
199 battles
On 6/28/2016 at 6:54 PM, Kousatsu said:

i live in usa. but it put me into the eu server. and that sucks because i had to start over again.

[MIA]
6,453 posts
7,860 battles
15 hours ago, nightangel_1 said:

i live in usa. but it put me into the eu server. and that sucks because i had to start over again.

Revival of ded thread.

Maybe you had a VPN on or didn't notice it was the .eu website?

Members
2 posts
1,491 battles

Currently I'm interested to see if I could transfer my SEA account across to the NA server, but I already do have an NA Account so I was wondering if there were any plans for people moving from SEA or US to EU and vice versa.

Edited by Satelerevan

Sign in to follow this