You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Kiev - 15th Point - Concealment?

Concealment or RPM + Fire?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Option A or Option B for 15-Point Captain on Kiev

• Concealment Expert
    • BFT + Demo Expert

30 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

I've just about given up playing Blyskawica in Ranked.  She's a great ship, but I'm doing better in Kiev at this point (Rank 11).  So just earned my 15th skill point.

Here are the two options:

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Survival Expert

5 - Concealment Expert

Option B gives up on the idea of "concealment" because the moment you touch off a round, everyone on the map knows where you are:

1 - Situation Awareness

1 - Basic Firing Training (4.5s reload and 80 rpm)

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Survival Expert

4 - Demolition Expert

Concealment Expert would take detectability down from 8.7km to just over 7.8km.  But it doesn't affect the enormous 14.6km range after firing (as I understand the mechanics).

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

B is better/kinda. Youre going to be constantly firing your guns, concealment isn't going to help very often.

Youre better going with AFT and survivability Expert.

• Cool 1

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

The advanced firing training is a good skill to have for russian DDs as well, get concealment expert to match and you can even stealth fire in some of um. 

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Um... you should limit your pole to voting one of them only. I just voted on both :)

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,378 battles

My Kiev captain is not there yet (13 points), but my Udaloi Captain is at 15 points and I opted for DE instead of CE. I will probably do the same for Kiev. Even with CE they are still too visible so DE to me, makes them more powerful.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Stealth isn't really useful for a Russian DD, none of them can invisi-fire even with AFT.

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
14,400 battles

I use option B.  Never saw the point in having a fraction more concealment on a boat I am always firing my guns with.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

Um... you should limit your pole to voting one of them only. I just voted on both :)

Fixed that. Thanks. 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

And thanks for your input.

AFT seems like the best choice for Random battles, but SE for Ranked. 2,800 HP is nothing to sniff at. I took two caps and almost sank the remaining enemy BB in my Minekaze the other night with exactly 88 HP left - including the 2,000 extra from SE on that ship. We won. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

P.S. I decided to try AFT instead of DE for the second 4-point skill based on your input.  Plus the fact that  now I can fire 14.7 km which is just barely (100 meters) beyond my detection range while firing.

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

I've got the same dilemma with my Udaloi

Currently

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Advanced Firing training

4 - Demolition Expert

Leaning towards

1 - Situation Awareness

1 - Basic Firing Training

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Demolition Expert

Another 800 meters or so concealment would be nice, but I'm still going to be detected over a kilometer away from any other DD.

Extra range over the 2700 hp with SE is a no brainier it really does make a big difference.

Any one have the Khab and how have you set that up?

[RICCO]
Members
145 posts
24,558 battles

This.

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Demolition Expert

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

This.

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Demolition Expert

ironically that's what I have on the Kiev right now for Random battles. What's not to like?  It really is fun to light a fire on a BB or CA with your first or second salvo - and they come fast!  However, Survival Expert is just too valuable for Ranked battles. 

I've gone back to the Blyskawica for Ranked. The torpedos and much lower detection range are just too valuable. Unfortunately, Ranked battles have ceased being fun and I probably should give up after only getting to 11.

Members
646 posts
4,235 battles

Interesting , this poll is almost 1/1 ratio . 

I vote DE+AFT

I dont feel like stealth boost in Kiev can accomplish much, isn't the sneaky type of DD . 

Make those guns scream loud and crush everything in your way .

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

I use CE on my Udaloi; you have a small window to stealth torp and at times it's good to be stealthy when you find yourself in a bad situation.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,761 battles

In my opinion,  only the Khab should get CE (and even then, it's debatable.) It really depends on the meta - lots of DD's = get CE. Not a lot of DDs, get the other tier 4 skill and BFT. (assuming 15 point cap.)

I didn't even bother going with CE on my Udaloi, 8km with the stealth module is fine.

Besides, the longer the enemy DD sees you coming, the heavier and heavier their pants are going to get.

Edited by aether_tech

Members
783 posts
6,554 battles

I've just about given up playing Blyskawica in Ranked.  She's a great ship, but I'm doing better in Kiev at this point (Rank 11).  So just earned my 15th skill point.

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Survival Expert

5 - Concealment Expert

Option B gives up on the idea of "concealment" because the moment you touch off a round, everyone on the map knows where you are:

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Survival Expert

4 - Demolition Expert

Concealment Expert would take detectability down from 8.7km to just over 7.8km.  But it doesn't affect the enormous 14.6km range after firing (as I understand the mechanics).

Neither.  This is how I run mine:  (65% WR in Ranked)

sw23R2e.png

Because I have 18 pts, and you only have 15, you have to choose between Super and Vig.  It is a hard call because both are good, and could save your life.  I personally would run a Premium Consumables (gives extra charges) and go with Vig.

Hope this helps!

Edited by AutismSpeaks
  • Cool 1

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,761 battles

sw23R2e.png

Because I have 18 pts, and you only have 15, you have to choose between Super and Vig.  It is a hard call because both are good, and could save your life.  I personally would run a Premium Consumables (gives extra charges) and go with Vig.

Hope this helps!

Not Expert Marksman? I run that on everything that isn't an IJN DD. And heck, I run it on my Umikaze too!

Also, how long did it take you to get an 18 point  cap?

Members
783 posts
6,554 battles

Not Expert Marksman? I run that on everything that isn't an IJN DD. And heck, I run it on my Umikaze too!

Also, how long did it take you to get an 18 point  cap?

You are correct.  EM is a staple on everything RU DD prior to the upgraded Udaloi guns.  However, if I were to take EM, it would leave me with an extra point that would be useless.  I have found that having both Super and Vig (spotting torps for you AND your team), as well as LS, is very beneficial for keeping you alive.  Weighing the options, I believe that it is better to sacrifice the turret traverse in exchange for a better chance at survival. (If you wiggle just right, you can keep your guns constantly on target)

Also, the combination of Super (smoke), Vig (torp spotting), and LS (never dead in the water) is more than enough to keep you alive.  Hence, my belief that SE is a waste of 4 points that can be used better elsewhere.  (71% survival in my Kiev)

Kiev 7 DD  USSR 259 77.22% 63,721 2,022 4.8 1.4 0.4 71% 43% 4% 1,960

As for the 18 point cap:  most of my WOWS life.....LOL

Edited by AutismSpeaks
  • Cool 1

Members
783 posts
6,554 battles

Kiev with CE:  7.8km plus 5.9km(when firing  RU130mm guns)  =  13.7km  If you have AFT 14.4km max range, then you can invisi-fire, but dont expect it to happen very often or be very effective.
Edited by AutismSpeaks

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

you don't need EM with  Kiev.   it has fast enough turret to keep up with the ship.       basically same setup in my kiev  with vig for 15 point.   on udaloi, I did go with SE vs DE   though.   it has good  AP and I tend to use it more, so  having 22k hp is nice.same 15 point captain.     18 takes too long to get  :D

Edited by centarina

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

sw23R2e.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you. Your nickname is familiar to me for obvious reasons, and I consider you to be an authority here. 

[RICCO]
Members
145 posts
24,558 battles

This is what you want.

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Survival Expert Advanced Fire Training

4 - Demolition Expert

HOWEVER patch 0.5.9 removes SA so if SA is YOUR ONLY Tier 1 skill now, you need to put a point into BFT now so you don't automatically get BoS when they remove SA.

Edited by nToxik

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Survival Expert

5 - Concealment Expert

1 - Situation Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance

4 - Survival Expert

4 - Demolition Expert

Got an 18 point Captain in the Murmansk I ran with the concealment expert for a while but like you said one round fired and your targeted , changed it to Demolition expert and the amount of fire damage at times exceeds the damage from shells many a time .. A good change for me

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish