Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Czevak

To Blyskawica or not to Blyskawica - That is the question.

30 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Looking at the Blyskawica and I'm wondering, is it worth it?

I'm on the road to Khab and I need a new money-maker (while staying in gunboat-DD-mode) so I was wondering if I should pick this DD up?

Great money maker?

Great DD?

Pros

Cons

etc..

Also, anyone know when (or have idea) when new German Premium's are going to come out?

P.s. Dear WG, please lower Tirpitz's price.. ;3

Edited by DarthDoge

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

Makes great money, this ship is what the Kiev used to be. the 15k health plus gun lay out actually make it better than the Kiev. It can stealth torp and can stealth fire stock. She makes lots of credits, 200k+ games are average for me.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles

1)  http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/58236-mouses-compilation-of-guides-articles/page__pid__1423096#entry1423096

2)  Soon tm ( maybe  perhaps  or perhaps not)   These are not the premiums you are looking for  :trollface:

3)  Unlikely

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,712 posts
26,569 battles

Blyskawica plays a lot like Khab. They're very similar in style. Blys is also one of the best destroyers in the game, tier for tier.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Blys is brilliant once you get AFT and DE Captain's skills. Prints money OK, though not as good as Tirpitz or Atlanta. 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

ca52b60ae8.jpg

Just bought her, thanks for advice.

Now then, any advice on Capt. skills?

Same as Russian Capt skills?

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

Just bought her, thanks for advice.

Now then, any advice on Capt. skills?

Same as Russian Capt skills?

Pretty much, same guns similar play style. AFT + Concealment expert is probably the only difference I would add. She is pretty stealthy, you can drop her stealth to something like 6.4km~ if I did my math right, combine that with 15km firing range and 8km torpedoes, you got yourself the best DD in the game lol she has the shell arc and travel time to actually take advantage of 15km ranges

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,895 battles

Blyskawica is my first paid for premium (30 games). So far I have mixed feelings, though I think it'll improve with AFT/DE (nearly there on captain skills). 

The ship is good, and makes decent money, on the other hand it cost money to fit with upgrades, I don't know if I'm ahead again yet. 

I struggle to win games in it and sometimes feel like I'm struggling to influence the course of the battle. I try and prioritize red-team DD and get aggressive on caps. Gunning down cruisers is a challenge - my last game I hit a New Orleans 18 times with HE for zero damage. Gunning BB doesn't necessarily kill them quickly, even if you can invisifarm. Playing too passively doesn't get you much. I'm not enamored of the torpedoes, in 30 games I've sunk a Kamikaze, an Atlanta and put 3 into a Tirpitz which seemed to shrug it off.

I love the Kiev and think I still prefer it. 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Looking at the Blyskawica and I'm wondering, is it worth it?

I'm on the road to Khab and I need a new money-maker (while staying in gunboat-DD-mode) so I was wondering if I should pick this DD up?

Great money maker?

Great DD?

Pros

Cons

etc..

Also, anyone know when (or have idea) when new German Premium's are going to come out?

P.s. Dear WG, please lower Tirpitz's price.. ;3

DO IT!  Probably the most fun dd I've played bar none.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,378 battles

Blyskawica is one of my best DDs, and I play mostly DDs and have lots of them. Certainly worth it.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

Ideal captain setup (for me, very similar to my Khab captain)

BFT and SA (SA first)

LS and EM (EM makes the ship feel much better, but LS is a must on a gunboat)

SI (MOAR STUFFS), VG is an alternate skill but meh.

AFT and SE (AFT first)

No 5pt skill. CE, while useful, isn't really necessary. Stacking 14.4km range (you can invisifire from 11.1) plus an extra 2800 HP makes a good ship great.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I like anshan and it does well enough for credits.  same with sims.    I just don't want to train another captain  :D

Members
712 posts
5,239 battles

Within the confinement of ranked battles where top tier is 7 blyskawica is fantastic. It is still good in random but the issue is by then you are facing ships that have concealment mod. So that kind of makes it seem bad. Its really all tier 7 dds that wish they had the concealment mod.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,761 battles

Always use Expert Marksman on the Blys, ALWAYS.

As others have said, Concealment Expert isn't as mandatory on the Blys as it is on some other boats. But DE + AFT will make everyone hate you as you rain fires on them. 

1. SA

2. EM + LS

3. SI (more smoke, more weed generator!)

4. DE + AFT

5. Go back for BFT.

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Thank you all for the advice, I shall go concealment build ;3

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

I may regret a lot of things in my life, but Buying this thing when it first came out will never EVER be one of them....

This is by far (as Lert had said kind of) one of if not THE best Dds in game...

With a 15  Point Capt and AFT, CE, among others this ship will never bee seen, and can even stealth torp, providing no red DDs are around to spot you.... if I remember correctly 6.5 is the min Det range you can acquire, and the 8KM torps hit kinda hard... and with Most cruisers of its tier and one lower the AP at 8KM and closer, especially into the Mag, will piss off many cruiser capt.... especially that pesky Atlanta..

I am currently up to a 14 point commander for a second,,,, (just in case more Polish ships come out....

You will absolutely LOVE this ship... 

Edited by pmgaudio

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I may regret a lot of things in my life, but Buying this thing when it first came out will never EVER be one of them....

This is by far (as Lert had said kind of) one of if not THE best Dds in game...

With a 15  Point Capt and AFT, CE, among others this ship will never bee seen, and can even stealth torp, providing no red DDs are around to spot you.... if I remember correctly 6.5 is the min Det range you can acquire, and the 8KM torps hit kinda hard... and with Most cruisers of its tier and one lower the AP at 8KM and closer, especially into the Mag, will piss off many cruiser capt.... especially that pesky Atlanta..

I am currently up to a 14 point commander for a second,,,, (just in case more Polish ships come out....

You will absolutely LOVE this ship... 

I look forward to the stealth-firing trolling I can accomplish with this :3

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

To face cruisers and battleships

1. SA + BFT

2. LS

3. SI

4. DE + AFT

+ 3 extra points

+ 1 nearly impossible point

For a DD hunter, this would be better:

1. SA + BFT

2. LS + EM(EM is important because you need to turn fight and your guns won't counterrotate fast enough to stay on target without it.)

3. Vigilance

4. SE

5. CE

Edited by Misniso

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

Well, since you've already bought it...

o5yOUGRh.jpg

It's a jack of all trades DD with a focus on guns rather than torps. Yes, it can make bank.

The torps themselves deal OK damage, have a decent range, and have OK speed. They reload fairly quickly for the tier due to the triple tubes, but you aren't getting the coverage that a Mahan can bring.

The guns don't hit super hard, but you do get a heavy broadside with pretty good shell velocity to make aiming easier. You also have a good range out of the box as well as a good fire setting chance. Turret rotation is on the slow side, but it's bearable, especially with EM. I'd have taken EM by now if I didn't put BFT on priority due to being in the middle of a ranked season. AP can deal more damage if you're given broadsides, but don't exactly expect citadels on tier 7 cruisers beyond close range or anything but perfect broadside.

The ship is pretty quick in a straight line, but it is worse at turning than the other DDs sans the Kiev.

Concealment, especially with CE allows for whatever you need to do. You can stealth torp and even stealth fire out of the box. Of course, CE and AFT make it easier.

As you can see, I've opted for a concealment build and took DE over AFT. I felt that I didn't need the extra range as it was already good enough, so I decided to buff fire setting. The three common DD tier 4 captain skills are all decent choices.

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Thing is slightly to pretty overpowered in comparison to other tier 7 DDs. I would recommend getting it.

Just be aware you are still just a tier 7 DD who is at a massive disadvantage versus other DDs if not top tier.

Only tier 7 DD who can handle being in a sea of tier 8+ DDs is probably the Sims. Barely.

By barely I mean you can trade your crappy tier 7 DD for a tier 8+ DD. Except the Fletcher. Just run if you see that thing.

Edited by Naughtius_Maximus

[TNG-S]
Beta Testers
497 posts
10,557 battles

To face cruisers and battleships

1. SA + BFT

2. LS

3. SI

4. DE + AFT

+ 3 extra points

For a DD hunter, this would be better:

1. SA + BFT

2. LS + EM(EM is important because you need to turn fight and your guns won't counterrotate fast enough to stay on target without it.)

3. Vigilance

4. SE

5. CE

DD hunter config is best, even for BB hunting :)

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Thing is slightly to pretty overpowered in comparison to other tier 7 DDs. I would recommend getting it.

Just be aware you are still just a tier 7 DD who is at a massive disadvantage versus other DDs if not top tier.

Only tier 7 DD who can handle being in a sea of tier 8+ DDs is probably the Sims. Barely.

By barely I mean you can trade your crappy tier 7 DD for a tier 8+ DD. Except the Fletcher. Just run if you see that thing.

What for, I've dropped Fletchers in the Blys.

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,761 battles

Fletchers don't even bother me in the Blys at all.

I see one and all I think is "oooh, more free damage!" 

dance around them at about 8-10k and they can't easily hit you at all. Make sure to dodge 180 once in a while to throw off fletcher torps and you're good!

Udaloi though. Gona be a problem...

Sign in to follow this