You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Terrible_Turtle

Battle Ribbon Appearance - Yay/Nay

Appearance of battle ribbons  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like new appearance of battle ribbons?

• Bacon (Yes)
    • Potato (No)
    • Oatmeal (Meh)

41 comments in this topic

Members
5,202 posts

I think we can all agree that the extra information being provided with the ribbons is a welcome addition.

HOWEVER...

What do you guys think of the new "paint" style of ribbon versus the traditional "rectangle" ribbon. Do you like them?

Example below:

2xI026Q.jpg

EDIT: For the record, I doubt they'll ever revert back to the old style. We'll eventually get used to it, and the new style will become the norm. This poll is more for curiosity's sake. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

EDIT: For the record, I doubt they'll ever revert back to the old style. We'll eventually get used to it, and the new style will become the norm. This poll is more for curiosity's sake. 

That's what modding is for :3

Members
6,588 posts
8,581 battles

I think the best thing for WG to do here, is give us a checkbox option to either use the new look or the old, because I much prefer the current look to this new abomination.
  • Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I like that they give more information, and I'm sure there will be a mod that turns them into ribbons like we have now anyway.

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

I <3 The 80s?

SNAG-00003_12.jpg

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Makes no difference to me personally.

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,171 battles

It's not that I like these, but I didn't like the old ones at all. The fact that these are more detailed and easier to distinguish. Like when you incapacitate something instead of citadel. I am totally fine with these.

Members
810 posts
2,554 battles

Personally, I think the current ribbon system looks a lot better than the one they want to implement. To me, the current system looks crisp and clear while appearing professionally done while the "new" ribbon system looks like it was created by a ten year-old.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Really need to go back to the old way. Though damage counter. AWESOME!

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I do like the additional information, the ribbons don't look as pretty now but that's minor really.

I can finally see how drunk my secondary gunners are.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I voted oatmeal.  Healthiest of the group, as I gave up bacon and potatoes for the this month and next.  Also, I don't mind the ribbon changes much.  Use the mods that will come to replace them if necessary.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I'm really going to have to say no on this one....the "paint splotches" imho was a poor choice. Makes the game feel way too....idk... "angry birds-ish" I guess? It doesn't feel like a military styled game to me... Which, even given the game's arcade nature, the current style ribbons make the game feel a a little more "official" really. This just looks like some fresh out of high-school kids's side project or something.

It looks lazy and honestly, just plain bad. And I don't want to have to mod it to get it back to the original state, it should stay like it currently is.

So yeah, big fat NO on this one, even though I love me some bacon... :(

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

I'm really going to have to say no on this one....the "paint splotches" imho was a poor choice. Makes the game feel way too....idk... "angry birds-ish" I guess?

angry-birds-bad-pigs.gif

World of Angry Birds training videos on shell arcs when?

I mean, we already have Angry Birds Star Wars, and Angry Birds in Space.  So the next step is Mobile World of Angry Birds Warships, the kid-friendly version of WoWs meant to entice children to love warships again.  Also for adults unable to play WoWs in the location they're at.

[BLEEP]
Members
154 posts
3,901 battles

What are you saying? Of course those ribbons are beautiful. Their intention is to attract youngster by the rainbow of colors and ruin our community by making this place filled with 10 years old shouting at our face when something doesn't go their way.

Joke aside, I vote oatmeal. The ribbons were never good to begin with and the new one is just another type of bad. However, I rarely bother checking the informations (because I'm still a *edit* noob so every achievements I got are easy to explain: bad) so they won't bother me much.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,839 battles

Haven't loaded up the PT yet, but seeing this radical change to the ribbon icons is somewhat surprising... I don't think the new ones are bad in and of themselves, but they really don't match the flavor of the game nor the rest of the UI.

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

The classic ribbon is still there, but with a new paint job. There's a option for "detailed ribbons" on menu and you only get the paint style icons if you turn that on. I hope they pack it this way to live (they probably will, or else there would be no point on updating the old ribbons).

Oh yeah, about the update, I like it. We can even check secondary battery hits now.

Edited by ShiroDNL

[CREDO]
Members
53 posts
17,569 battles

Those don't look like battle ribbons they look more like paint splotches.

That exactly what I saw as well.  
  • Cool 1

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

I like the old ribbions but the new info.  I could not vote because I love BACON but don't like the new so called ribbions, the OP is just like WG dangles what you want in front of you but make you take a POS to get it, your just mean...:P

Edited by RoundsDownRange

[SOFW]
Members
1,445 posts
7,924 battles

Another vote for loving the extra info, hating the new design.

Matt

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
273 posts
10,858 battles

Not a fan of the paint blotch style.

Something more professional and refined in appearance would be appreciated.

I am a fan of clearly conveyed information presented cleanly and without abstraction.