You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

I did something I thought I'd never do... and I regret it...

18 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I went back, and tried WoT again.

*GASPS* :ohmy:

Yup, a couple years after un-installing because it was far too stressful and toxic for my tastes (and health), this past weekend I decided to take another look at it after seeing all the new updates for it...

I wish I could turn back time and stop myself.

Now, I never got very far in WoT to begin with, my highest tier being the M3 Lee, but after watching countless Jingles videos and such, I thought, meh, maybe I'll be able to do slightly better this time around and actually be able to start enjoying it again.

NOPE.

Still far too stressful, the very SECOND battle I played I was one shotted from out of nowhere (I had barely left spawn as well so I'm guessing it was a blind and VERY lucky shot, but still) and the amount of toxic spam...holy mother of gods....I could literally see the toxic vitriol spewing out of my screen from the chat box...ugh...

This was a bad decision on my part... I did not have any fun, I could feel my heart starting to pound a LOT (which is bad for my health atm, having high blood pressure issues) and I just...ugh... it left a bad taste in my mouth... >.<

So yeah....not doing THAT again. WoWS is SO much freaking better, even on the PvP side of things. WoWS, you're my one and only lol (now all you need to do is fix that horrid port screen menu lag and stuttering issue, and you'll be the best thing since sliced bread lol)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

ya, im not sure why i have it on my HD anymore. every few months i update and play a game or two and am instantly reminded why i stopped. it feels like too much of a chore to play with the toxicity and general awfulness of your average pubbie. 

WoWS gets me feeling the same way once in a while, but this game has a lower profile i believe and doesnt seem to attract the same awful people/players (or at least as many of them) as tanks. 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I thought this was going to be serious, like you chewed a player out or something.

But WoT isn't too bad, it's like any other game there are bound to be toxic players and since WoT is more of a be careful and don't be an idiot type of game you are bound to get chewed out if you screw up. It's like a Super-Unicum (who is annoyed/frusterated) looking at the plays of a new player..

Really, WoWs isn't all too different community wise.. just less toxicity since this is a more laid-back game.

Beta Testers
633 posts
4,854 battles

did much the same, logged in got ammo racked or something within thirty seconds of the match starting and was like... yeah no now i remember why i quit.

WoT blitz on the phone is better than the trashheap that has become WoT

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I thought this was going to be serious, like you chewed a player out or something.

But WoT isn't too bad, it's like any other game there are bound to be toxic players and since WoT is more of a be careful and don't be an idiot type of game you are bound to get chewed out if you screw up. It's like a Super-Unicum (who is annoyed/frusterated) looking at the plays of a new player..

Really, WoWs isn't all too different community wise.. just less toxicity since this is a more laid-back game.

And this is one of the biggest issues I have with WoT, its far too dependent on your performance in game, where as WoWS is much more laid back and enjoyable, especially with co-op which WoT doesn't have as far as I can tell (which is actually what originally drew me to Armored Warfare)

I just want to relax and enjoy shooting at targets a bit without worrying too much about how I perform, but if I do that, I die either instantly or very very quickly, which isn't very fun at all.

I've been really wanting to get back into a tank game, but after the stunt Gaijin pulled, I left WT for good and never looked back, and then Armored Warfare broke the last straw for me so I left that...that left WoT as the only other tank game out there...and now I regret spending the time re-installing it... :(

Idk...I guess I'll keep it installed for now, in case something really big happens...but I don't think I'll play it anymore. Just not enjoyable. >.<

ya, im not sure why i have it on my HD anymore. every few months i update and play a game or two and am instantly reminded why i stopped. it feels like too much of a chore to play with the toxicity and general awfulness of your average pubbie. 

WoWS gets me feeling the same way once in a while, but this game has a lower profile i believe and doesnt seem to attract the same awful people/players (or at least as many of them) as tanks. 

I have noticed a lot more mature crowd in WoWS, which is why I see a lot less toxic filth here than over there. I mean, I've talked to people who are 60+ years old who play this game (WoWS), which is pretty damned cool actually. :)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

I am generally able to ignore the toxic vitriol but what gets me is a stock tank is almost always completely useless, well they do make good targets, and that if your crew is isn't trained to at least 80% on the initial training even when upgraded can't hit a barn from inside.

Edited by BrushWolf

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,446 battles

Have ever played WOT. Have only seen one YouTube video of it. Was never interested, and with WOWS, I am less interested in WOT than before.

Edited by alexf24

[F4E-2]
Members
491 posts
13,915 battles

Problem I have with WOT is its so unbalanced. I still play now and then but my games are a lot like the OP's  1 or 2 shots and Im dead from some one I didnt know was around. Also the skill level, even in the lower tiers now is extremely high. you really have to know what you are doing to do well ( and be really lucky)

Beta Testers
803 posts
5,058 battles

Oh I've been playing it more than ships recently, but yeah the toxicity in chat is bad. Usually starts after someone gets salty when they die but I've seen it start before the countdown finishes. It's definitely more fun with a platoon of friends to work with as random team work is very rare. It's best to have multiple games to jump between so you can take a break when one gets on your nerves. I've been playing Dead by Daylight and Squad which are pretty good.

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

I get on WoT every now and again but I am reminded of the one fact that drove me away. I never have enough money :(

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,755 battles

I've actually not played Wot for about 2 months now. haven't missed ti at all! I feel bad for my clan though, I have like 8 tier 10s and could be helping them....:unsure: Then again knowing my luck they probably kicked me by now...

Either way, WOT is just too much of a hassle to do anymore. you either depressed from grinding too long, a headache from bad teams or become completely salty when RNG says "today your my b**ch! Also they completely ruined Cws in my opinion! And since about 1/3 of the "challenging clans" have left its just not as fun anymore.:amazed:

worser still, I've dropped at least $3-500 playing WOT over the course of 5 years, so it really is a pity that all the moeny went to waste. the game used to be great, but now its not. I'll pop in every now and then but usually after an hour of playing, I want to leave and come back to WOWS....:unsure:

Edited by BladedPheonix

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Might've been interested when it first came out, but didn't have a PC that could run it well enough to bother.  By the time I did, the reputation for toxicity was already well known.

Even if the community was as comparitively laid back as this one, I still wouldn't have any interest in dealing with the learning curve of an exclusively PvP game with no single-player or co-op mode to learn the basics in.

Armored Warfare sounded extremely promising at first, but since I usually agree with most of what the kitsune has to say, I'm willing to take his word on it being a lost cause.

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,415 battles

I remember that game had some amazing memorable runs and at one point a team battles favorite for a week, oh the joys of clans contacting you because they were looking for players like me at the time, but then i got fed up with the game because of the auto loaders and lousy teams after teams after teams but i digress it's still not a bad game anyway i started it up last month and won all 5 rounds with 4 being average and 1 being great, hardly missed a beat but I'm playing at acceptable levels, but i haven't played since may i believe but I'm not complaining i thought i did well in those 5 wins, maybe ill try again sometime. Hetzer got a Hetz,

King Tiger is still my fav even if it's tough to compete with it nowadays

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,841 battles

The M3 Lee can be beastly if you know what you're doing with it...but most at tier 3 do not.

I think you are all being hard on WoT.. it was a fun game for me, one in which I made a lot of good friends and acquaintences I still have today.  Is it not without issues? Of course not.. this game has issues too.

You either enjoy the gameplay or you don't.. Some do.  I personally like it better than what AW came out with or WT Ground.  I don't play it much anymore, only because of burn out, but it was a great time for a long time for me.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I had an account on my old computer.   The issue I has was that the tiny handful of games you're allowed in co-op isn't even enough to really learn how to drive a tank effectively, much less learn tactics, etc.   The mechanics of driving were just too different for me to pick up that quickly.   

Then you get thrown to the lions in pvp, which is a far different game.   Yup,  Getting blown up early in the game by people you can't even see blows butt.    The rudeness and hatefulness of "people" in chat was a major turnoff as well.   Gee, I'm playing a tier 1 or 2 tank in a tier 1/2 match- are you surprised I'm not some super expert???

I didn't enjoy the experience, and stopped playing.   Sad thing is, in those few pve games you're allowed, I really enjoyed the game...

I'm glad WG saw fit to leave pve as a viable option in this game.   I'm not a video gamer- I was attracted to this game by the subject matter:  Getting to actually play those cool ships I used to build models of!  This game is WAY more fun, and for the most part, most of the players are a lot more fun to play WITH.

I've rewarded WG with a bunch of my discretionary funds, buying ships, premium time, and doubloons.  No problem at all spending a bit of $$ on THIS game.

I think it makes the occasional F-[edited]I encounter stick out more- because you aren't deluged with them.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

I think the nature of WoWs's gameplay and subject matter simply attracts a different crowd from that of WoT. Naval games are niche in the first place. Also compared to WoT, WoWs is just slower, more methodical, it's more laid back and gives players the time and space to breath and think about what they need to do next. Mistakes in WoT are punished heavily, whilst the possibility to recover imho is greater in WoWs.