Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Combined_Fleet_HQ

Tier X Queues

4 members have voted

1. 1. Does the MM feel faulty for Xs?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're just crazy

7 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

So there's something I need clarification on. Ok so for the last couple of days, whenever I queue for Xs I quite often end up in matches that aren't full. For instance, I just had a mirror match of a CV, BB, CA, and DD. It was just 4v4. My question is: does Tier X mm try to single out Xs specifically and put them in a match? There are a lot of VIIIs and IXs out there so why are Xs getting stuck in these kind of instances. I can queue up in my Roon, or Hipper, Kutuzov, or Amagi and always get a full match. Now now I know, VIII and IX have larger player pools as VIII can pull from VI-X and IXs can go from VII-X. It just feels like the match maker tries to throw all the Xs in one match rather than sprinkle them in a bunch of VIIIs and IXs. 

I guess to put it more simply, why does MM fail to fill matches that are lacking players? I don't believe its due to a lack of players.

I'm sure I'm just overthinking it, welp g'day folks. o7

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

There is, literally, a public test going on right now with the new MM man they are trying to fix it wait for the time to come. 

[NG-NL]
Members
7,136 posts
12,568 battles

Depends how many players are in queue. Prime time here X's easily get full matches.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,971 posts
13,731 battles

Another thing to consider, is 33% or so of the tier 9's and tier 8's are waiting on their one top tier match out of three. Those tier 9's that are getting their 1 in 3 match are also drawing on the tier 8's that aren't. That might thin out the lower tiers a bit and lead to longer wait times or short teams.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

There is, literally, a public test going on right now with the new MM man they are trying to fix it wait for the time to come. 

New MM doesn't  really look much different than the old MM so far. Except for taking longer in queue at times.
Edited by awiggin

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

I was completely unaware of that, thx for the info!

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

New MM doesn't  really look much different than the old MM so far. Except for taking longer in queue at times.

As long as it doesnt go over 4 minutes Im fine with it

Sign in to follow this