You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AzraeI

British available yet?

30 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
297 posts
222 battles

It's been several months since I last logged in to play a game of WoWS, or even WoT.  Before I consider spending time on waiting for patches to download, I would like to ask if the Royal Navy has finally been released for play yet?

• Cool 1

Members
5,450 posts
21,046 battles

A full British Naval tree, not yet. 

But the Warspite and the new Campbeltown are in game so there are British ships sailing the sea. 

Alpha Tester
297 posts
222 battles

Thanks for ensuring the ever helpful elitist responses that are so prevalent on the World of Tanks forums are continued over here.  The effort is appreciated.

2 ship package recently?

That's interesting.  So it is still the Warspite + one other ship.  I thought the RN was supposed to be released shortly after launch.  This game has been out for how long now?

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

It is looking like one royal navy line will be released later this year.

Edited by RipNuN2

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,171 battles

You didn't hear? When the UK left the EU they took the tech tree designs with them.

• Cool 3

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

That's interesting.  So it is still the Warspite + one other ship.  I thought the RN was supposed to be released shortly after launch.  This game has been out for how long now?

That was never stated by WG. British cruisers are due by the end of this year.

Alpha Tester
297 posts
222 battles

Well, I think I may keep this game on the shelf for the foreseeable future, then.  I might have been inclined to start playing again, but I would have thought that the British would have been released by now.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

WG is working on British Cruisers, Battleships and Destroyers right now. Cruisers are expected "at the end of Q3".

• Cool 1

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

I still say the British should have been one of the first nations in the game, but no we get the Russians, Polish and Pan Am...Go figure.   Maybe that's why the UK left the EU?   :hiding:

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

The only way in which the Royal Navy was released is from the EU :P

+1 subtle but golden :P 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

German BB's this summer i think ?

People are thinking about mid August for the German battleships, with a RN line later this year (I'm guessing maybe either October or November) Not sure what ship type it'll be, but it'd be nice if it was battleships. :P

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

Don't be silly. 

Glorious Russian Paper Bullsh!t comes before real ships that have a global appeal and massive potential interest generation. 

Beta Testers
152 posts
3,656 battles

Yes German BBs in August I believe and British cruisers in the fall sometime.

Members
1,210 posts

Well, I think I may keep this game on the shelf for the foreseeable future, then.  I might have been inclined to start playing again, but I would have thought that the British would have been released by now.

If you are only going to play this game if you can play British ships why play at all? If the game is not enjoyable to you playing other ships till the British ships are in i really do not see the point. 
  • Cool 1

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

British Cruisers are modeled and being implemented into the game for eventual testing.

British Battleships are planned for December, but may be delayed as late as February 2017.

British Destroyers are modeled to an extent (spotted in a preview video), but status unknown.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

If you are only going to play this game if you can play British ships why play at all? If the game is not enjoyable to you playing other ships till the British ships are in i really do not see the point. 

Maybe the OP just has no interest in the current navies, which is perfectly understandable. Plenty of people have nations, and lines they have little to no interest in grinding.

Alpha Tester
1,178 posts
4,895 battles

It probably would have gone faster if the Archives would be more forthcoming. It really opens your eyes when the navy staff at the Archives throws a fit when the BBC wants to show off the blueprints for the Dreadnought. Yes I mean that dreadnought. And the archives threw up and absolute fit.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,689 battles

I still say the British should have been one of the first nations in the game, but no we get the Russians, Polish and Pan Am...Go figure.   Maybe that's why the UK left the EU?   :hiding:

Good grief.

They did the Russians because the Russian server is their largest customer base.  What part of that don't people understand?  They're catering to their largest customer base!!!!

As for the Polish and Pan Asian ships, whoop-de-doo.  3 whole ships, 2 of which are mostly cut and paste jobs (the Anshan and Lo Yang DD's).

As for them being one of the first, they might have come sooner if the RN archives had been more helpful and forthcoming.  Of course, we've seen this before in WoT where the Russians are very forthcoming with the necessary data, but the Brits (and French as well, perhaps) are not.