You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Scots_Ronin

Locking up when starting a new game

6 comments in this topic

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
399 posts
14,061 battles

Happens in a division only.  Go to start a game, and the queue screen comes up.  Then, a bit later, the numbers stop changing (save the clock) and nothing happens.  Trying to exit the queue does nothing.  Trying to exit the game does nothing.

Only thing to do is exit the game via Task Manager and restart.  Come right back into port, still in a division with the same person, who has also just done the same thing - exit and restart.

So, has anyone else noticed this or had it happen to them - all since the new update?

(Never saw it before then.)

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Something is going on right now.  Seen several crash on load in and it happened to me then I had to close my client a few ago my UI kinda disappeared keyboard worked though.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
399 posts
14,061 battles

Div mate had the UI fail as well, same as you describe here.  So I think either one of the Aslain's mods is causing it (he uses a bunch of them, I only a couple) or there's a bug somewhere.

Beta Testers
930 posts
5,765 battles

Same issue ones in a while, none of us ever used mods.

Members
3,014 posts

Don't multi-task.

Don't run bandwidth gobbling programs of any kind in the background if you use WiFi.

You may have received a huge Windows update as well...this will lock things up for sure.

Edited by OnTheHouse

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

Same thing with my Dad and I.

It happens at least twice per hour (one out of 3 matches), and we have to kill the program from the task manager, then restart the game.

Very annoying bug which started 2 weeks ago or something.