Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Caldwell

Manual Control for Secondaries

7 comments in this topic

Members
149 posts
3,028 battles

I recently got the manual firing control for my Iowa, and I must say the the secondaries seem to hit a little more than when the crew was all drunk, but it still couldn't sink a Hatsuharu 5km away. Due to the fact that the Iowa's main battery guns are pretty ineffective until you get within 15km. I run a heavy secondary build and have boosted the range up to 9.1km. Because I get in close and personal during the latter half of the battle, I often have an enemy on both sides, and that's where my main problem comes in: The secondaries no longer open fire on both targets.

Everyone makes a noob mistake, mine is I get tunnel vision, deadly for a battleship, and a destroyer tries to sneak up on me. Before, my secondaries would automatically open up and alert me to the threat. Very helpful.

One of the things I would like to see changed is that the secondaries continue to fire even at targets that aren't designated, but they only get the accuracy buff on the designated target.

• Cool 1

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,036 battles

Well you already know what your issue is so I'm not sure what to say but play in division so you have someone watching your back and to pay attention more. 

The manual secondary skill is nice but only if you know how to use it correctly, otherwise you may as well not bother. 

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I haven't even considered getting it for USN BBs because their secondaries aren't good enough to make it worth giving up a quicker consumable reload for faster heals. To me, manual control of secondaries is worth it for Izzy or Yammy, but not NorCar/Iowa/Montana. 

Members
149 posts
3,028 battles

I haven't even considered getting it for USN BBs because their secondaries aren't good enough to make it worth giving up a quicker consumable reload for faster heals. To me, manual control of secondaries is worth it for Izzy or Yammy, but not NorCar/Iowa/Montana. 

I completely agree that it is not very good unless you have the ship upgrades as well, then it can become a good dd deterrent.

However, the cost for it is too much. Five skill points for a perk that has a definite downside is just too darn expensive for a lot of players.

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

They need to rework all the skills again, but I agree that the manual secondary skill isn't worth it in general. Unless you spec fully for secondaries I think you are better off with something else. I don't like that they won't fire against a target unless you identify it. The Manual AA does, so why doesn't the secondary one? Doesn't make any sense to me.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
952 posts
8,539 battles

They need to rework all the skills again, but I agree that the manual secondary skill isn't worth it in general. Unless you spec fully for secondaries I think you are better off with something else. I don't like that they won't fire against a target unless you identify it. The Manual AA does, so why doesn't the secondary one? Doesn't make any sense to me.

That is exactly how they should work; every gun that can engage the designated target does but the rest still follow targets of opportunity.

Sign in to follow this