You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SuperNikoPower

0.5.8 Public Test Feedback

101 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
812 posts
7,455 battles

what about trolls on the test the kind that hide behind a island so the other team cant see them has not move for a couple of mins and waits till you fire torps and then runs out in front of them and causes you to go pink

[NOT]
Members
1,044 posts
6,765 battles

Feedback #1:

MM take more players to build a match (~ 30 players on queue).

the subribbons should appear upper the water (not on aimming line)

a bit confused when damage goes way to the right when most people's familiar with Aslain damage + inbattle clock (yeah, I miss my clock there)

somehow preference disable mgrange on minimap by default (need to manual turn it on by edit preferences.xml)

---------- more to come

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,170 posts
15,765 battles

Besides not being able to hit a barn from inside for the first match or two I am enjoying it so far. I particularly like the public announcement of team damage and the national voices.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
12,327 battles

The new ribbon graphics are terrible.  Cartoonish and immersion-breaking compared to what we've been used to for the last year+.  No need to change them.

• Cool 3

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

You have to be kidding with this update. Now we are going to be spammed constantly, every time someone's 2ndaries hit a team mate? Why would you put this in, without fixing the issue with 2ndaries FIRST?????

Add to that you have players afking thru PT matches, just to earn free rewards, players playing like PT actually means something, ships hiding in the back for fear of losing a ship....

Honestly PT is getting worse than the real server......and NA is getting bad.

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

I love how the ribbons are getting more in-depth, but the ribbons themselves are kinda ugly.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,170 posts
15,765 battles

The new ribbon graphics are terrible.  Cartoonish and immersion-breaking compared to what we've been used to for the last year+.  No need to change them.

The ones we have always had haven't changed but the new ones for bounces, etc are terrible.

Edit: I swear that for the first couple matches I played that I was getting the old ribbons, I think I need better drugs. :amazed:

Edited by BrushWolf

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

You have to be kidding with this update. Now we are going to be spammed constantly, every time someone's 2ndaries hit a team mate? Why would you put this in, without fixing the issue with 2ndaries FIRST?????

Hell, even ships grinding against each other trigger the pinkspam. Not sure why must personal stuff be made public...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HE and AP can now be distinguished via tracers (yes, even from other ships)...that could be useful.

National voice works alright...good for those who wants them.

Detailed ribbons does not look great, but it's functional. The damage counter can tell you whether your fire/flooding works.

Why not give more free EXP from the onset when a high tier function (namely, Bastion mode) has to be tested? Afraid of tier 10 rush much?

Overall, it's okay so far...outside of pink-spam...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Hell, even ships grinding against each other trigger the pinkspam. Not sure why must personal stuff be made public...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HE and AP can now be distinguished via tracers (yes, even from other ships)...that could be useful.

Detailed ribbons does not look great, but it's functional. The damage counter can tell you whether your fire/flooding works.

Why not give more free EXP from the onset when a high tier function (namely, Bastion mode) has to be tested? Afraid of tier 10 rush much?

Don't know why they would implement the notification, other than to create more toxic chat....:amazed:

Once again the game seems "off" to me. Shots aren't landing, have to rethink my aim, even though nothing has changed. like the binoc view image scaling changes somehow. Shots at the water line fall way short, shots at the superstructure go long.

PT also seems far laggier than past tests, not fun to play at times.

Edited by awiggin

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,170 posts
15,765 battles

Don't know why they would implement the notification, other than to create more toxic chat....:amazed:

Once again the game seems "off" to me. Shots aren't landing, have to rethink my aim, even though nothing has changed. like the binoc view image scaling changes somehow. Shots at the water line fall way short, shots at the superstructure go long.

PT also seems far laggier than past tests, not fun to play at times.

They need to put a damage over time threshold on collision damage before it triggers the spam. I don't mind the spam for real team damage, think of it as public humiliation like medieval stocks.

Matchmaker, I waited 4 minutes to get a match while obviously being bypassed because there wasn't enough of my class in my tier. I think limiting/hamstringing the MM to this extent is going to cause more problems that it fixes. 

Edited by BrushWolf

Beta Testers
23 posts

Damage counter in game ... very good.

"Enhanced Ribbons" ... not so much.

Separate the two so that I can turn off the ribbons.  They're too similar.  I can't tell what's going on.  And, there are too many of them. 

As to MM, it seemed pretty good in the games I've played so far.  In fact, it seems to be FAR better than what I've been seeing in the regular release.  I've seen a lot of cringe-inducing matches there lately.

Also, when is the game going to stop firing the secondaries THROUGH friendlies to get to targets???

Lastly, I don't need ship corpses on the minimap ... they're too similar to the "last sighted" icons, which are FAR more important.  I'd like to be able to turn them off.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
31 posts
42,157 battles

The Introductory mission is better then the last one, the only thing I would add is after you kill the first DD to prompt the play to change from AP to HE shells.

[-BZ-]
Members
66 posts
2,971 battles

ive had two crashes so far,  one CTD and one Hard Lock that required a Code Purple Power Down ( holding the power button for 3 seconds ).   even Task Manager could not be brought up on the second one.  ( Case does not have a reset button ) 

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,369 battles

1. The amount of credits once we reach Tier 10 is not enough to keep testing.

2. Why can we not buy premium ships?

3. Achievements are glitched, I got a Dreadnought in Kuma without Survivability Expert, simply having less than 10% my HP, and I got a devastating strike when I killed an Omaha with 1000 hp.

• Cool 1

Members
23 posts
6,566 battles

- Please go back to the previous ribbon design! It is a lot more naval theme

- Is nice to see the damage in battle

Edited by Optimusferd
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

1. The amount of credits once we reach Tier 10 is not enough to keep testing.

2. Why can we not buy premium ships?

3. Achievements are glitched, I got a Dreadnought in Kuma without Survivability Expert, simply having less than 10% my HP, and I got a devastating strike when I killed an Omaha with 1000 hp.

Is that a serious question? They want you to test the build, not play with premiums....

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,369 battles

Is that a serious question? They want you to test the build, not play with premiums....

Why not let us buy them so we can test their potential in this new mode?

Members
103 posts
7,350 battles

The notifications of other players hitting each other with friendly fire ties up the battle chat.

Why do we all need to know if people are being warned for friendly fire?

The different tracer colors for HE/AP are cool, but does AP have to be white(ish)?  Maybe yellow?

Members
37 posts
3,320 battles

It's a bit strange playing a Japanese ship with National voice-overs when allied American and Russian ships respond in Japanese too.

Members
1,879 posts
7,191 battles

Bastion Mode

My thoughts.

what i like..

1- I find in this mode there is far less camping. This mode kind of forces teams to be active in the fight. Taking and defending caps. 

2- Lone wolf tactics can still be done taking caps by destroyers, but it is harder once a cap is owned by the enemy side. 

3- Another step in making this game feel more immersive. 

4- Gives those people who like to shoot islands something they can really shoot at...ROFL!!

5- Makes capping fun. You feel there is truly a need to cap other than just points and also seems to make the team more will to help defend it. 

What i think need adjusting

1- Forts need an accuracy buff. They miss way to often. 

2- They may need a damage buff, but can not really tell do to the fact the MISS so much. 

3- Guns could have more range. 

Edited by SeaQuest_
  • Cool 1

Members
2,379 posts
4,061 battles

Here is my thoughts on bastion

full review

The biggest issue with bastion is that the forts do not have any influence over game play. They are so crippled by their terrible aim that they end up posing zero threat to enemies and have no support ability for allies. I have (as have others) come to the conclusion that the fortress has zero bearing on gameplay compared to normal domination. 

The radar is good, though. 

Edited by TheSupremeOne34

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,170 posts
15,765 battles

The Introductory mission is better then the last one, the only thing I would add is after you kill the first DD to prompt the play to change from AP to HE shells.

The AP thing really depends on which country you are doing the mission with. For the Japanese the AP is pretty wimpy and HE actually works better against the cruisers. For the US the AP so out performs the HE against the cruisers that it is the only real choice.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Buff the bastion batteries so they're a threat to more than just the blatantly stupid.

I say their range shouldn't go further than how far they can spot enemies on their own, but their aiming AI and accuracy should be buffed, and they should get access to AP shells so we don't have to watch suicidal cruiser players die a slow death to these things.  Nope, someone who broadsides a bastion in a CA should be nuked by the batteries for his stupidity.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,369 battles

Buff the bastion batteries so they're a threat to more than just the blatantly stupid.

I say their range shouldn't go further than how far they can spot enemies on their own, but their aiming AI and accuracy should be buffed, and they should get access to AP shells so we don't have to watch suicidal cruiser players die a slow death to these things.  Nope, someone who broadsides a bastion in a CA should be nuked by the batteries for his stupidity.

I wish they would have AA defense too.