Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RizeKamishiro

Story of my WoWs lyf

13 comments in this topic

Members
165 posts
6,559 battles

-I go rush

-I see team mates  around

-I get tunneled visioned

-I look around and team mates have already backed out 

-I die

-Next match I stay far away with my BB

-teammates complain why I still have full health.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles
AXBhLOn.png

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

It takes 30 seconds to reload. Quit staying zoomed in the whole time. At least right click for free look.

• Cool 4

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

Have to have that map awareness. There is a great difference between rushing in with the most detectable class of ship and sitting all the way back out of the battle. Let the smaller ships do their job screening and you support them with your guns.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

boy if I had a dime........(I would have all the premium ships by now)

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
583 posts
7,325 battles

A well placed battleship is going to garner enough attention to take fire, shoot stuff effectively, and survive the match.  This can go wrong by being too aggressive, misreading teammates who abandon you at the wrong time, or the enemy is too strong.  I would generally agree battleships that stay back so far behind friendly lines; they aren't taking fire is missing half of your job (taking attention off of cruisers), and making your own gunfire less effective because of increased dispersion.

Edited by Iridium81
  • Cool 1

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

Everyone gets tunnel vision.  But you absolutely have to mind the map.  Specifically, keeping in mind who and how many ships can shoot back at you.  Its just as important in this game as how many shells you land on the enemy.  Thats my two doubloons man. The key in this game is finding that balance, that window where you can reliably do damage without taking more in return.

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

Best players in this game play off the minimap, meaning they have one eye glued to that small window nearly the entire time.  They can 'read' the map knowing when to be aggressive and when to be conservative.  They never get hung out to dry because they immediately react to changes when the team goes with you and decides to turn around.  You and you alone are responsible for not getting hung out to dry, or on the flip side, getting too far away from battle to be effective.  Playing from the minimap is how you accomplish success in this game, as disorientating as it is to look at a much smaller window compared to the much larger and more appealing main screen.

Losers play this game like a first person shooter (FPS).  Winners play this game like a strategic combat simulator.

Play like the latter and you will feel like it's a whole new game.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Best players in this game play off the minimap, meaning they have one eye glued to that small window nearly the entire time.  They can 'read' the map knowing when to be aggressive and when to be conservative.  They never get hung out to dry because they immediately react to changes when the team goes with you and decides to turn around.  You and you alone are responsible for not getting hung out to dry, or on the flip side, getting too far away from battle to be effective.  Playing from the minimap is how you accomplish success in this game, as disorientating as it is to look at a much smaller window compared to the much larger and more appealing main screen.

Losers play this game like a first person shooter (FPS).  Winners play this game like a strategic combat simulator.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm horrible with tunnel vision, (I often spend an entire engagement/skirmish in binoc view ) but with the map enlarged 2 steps and using it to drive and keep an eye on the whereabouts and orientation of enemies, it's not usually a problem. (although I do still run into tiny islands the odd time)

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

Its like me being with-out a watch on my wrist , I would be lost with-out it, the same with this game with-out the mini-map I would be totally lost. 

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

-I go rush

-I see team mates  around

-I get tunneled visioned

-I look around and team mates have already backed out 

-I die

-Next match I stay far away with my BB

-teammates complain why I still have full health.

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Goldilocks.  She  went for a walk in the forest.  Pretty soon, she came upon a house.  She knocked and, when no one answered, she walked right in.

At the table in the kitchen, there were three bowls of porridge.  Goldilocks was hungry.  She tasted the porridge from the first bowl.

"This porridge is too hot!" she exclaimed.

So, she tasted the porridge from the second bowl.

"This porridge is too cold," she said

So, she tasted the last bowl of porridge.

"Ahhh, this porridge is just right," she said happily and she ate it all up.

[RLGN]
Members
19,125 posts
35,147 battles

Won't by any stretch of the imagination call myself a 'superior' player, but I will say watching the mini-map has saved me from wild DDs and other such annoyances more times than I can count. Doing so has also allowed me to make calculated gambles about when to push, and twice now to cap and get a Solo Warrior without having to actually 'fight' to do so.

EASY Solo Warrior = Best Solo Warrior... Not as exciting of course; but it is still snatching Victory from the Jaws of Defeat.

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

It takes 30 seconds to reload. Quit staying zoomed in the whole time. At least right click for free look.

Or be like people like me, spam shift like a madman. 

Sign in to follow this