Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mizzerys_Fate

PSA. Secondaries and Teamkilling

16 comments in this topic

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,397 posts
29,476 battles

So after some frustrating losses I decided to do Co-op.

Pulled my Warspite out.

Halfway through match independence runs rt next to me as i launch a broadside...4800 friendly fire and since I ripple fired over a hill, 4 warnings for friendly fire...ouch.

2 matches later, I'm engaging an ARP KONGO when a friendly New York sails between me and him.

My secondaries proceed to set fire to New york...

6 times. I end up burning him down 6890 hp and killing him.

Instant Team Killer status.

Here's the PSA.

Warspite drivers, beware your 2ndaries are brutal to friendly ships be aware of who's around you.

FREINDLIES, watch out sailing between battleships and enemies, you may get sunk by friendly guns by accident.

This is not a rant about TK system or how good secondary guns have become in 5.7...

This is abut situational awareness..remember once activated, secondaries don't care who's in the way.

So if I. Doubt , turn em off until it's safe to release your drunk AI gunners....

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

It's cause this guys really the captain :hiding:

Least on Warspite.

But yeah, General rule - don't sail between a teammate and an enemy unless it's unavoidable.

• Cool 1

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

I feel like "drunken sailors" are given a whole different meaning and level when it comes to the secondary guns crewmen

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

Info from Himmelsdorf, but hopefully this will be fixed in a later patch.

Questions and answers from the RU Forum – 23.06.2016
Published 23. June 2016 by Stefan Barber

Thanks again to Carnotzet!

Latest Q&A with very few interesting news in it, so it’s a short one. Source

1. Me and a BB were fighting a DD up close and my secondary guns hit the friendly BB, which caused me to turn pink. Do you plan to fix this issue ?

A. We consider these situations unjust as well. Thus, it is likely we will remove friendly fire from secondaries altogether in 0.5.9 or 0.5.10.

• Cool 1

[BADMO]
[BADMO]
Members
208 posts
12,319 battles

So after some frustrating losses I decided to do Co-op.

Pulled my Warspite out.

Halfway through match independence runs rt next to me as i launch a broadside...4800 friendly fire and since I ripple fired over a hill, 4 warnings for friendly fire...ouch.

2 matches later, I'm engaging an ARP KONGO when a friendly New York sails between me and him.

My secondaries proceed to set fire to New york...

6 times. I end up burning him down 6890 hp and killing him.

Instant Team Killer status.

Here's the PSA.

Warspite drivers, beware your 2ndaries are brutal to friendly ships be aware of who's around you.

FREINDLIES, watch out sailing between battleships and enemies, you may get sunk by friendly guns by accident.

This is not a rant about TK system or how good secondary guns have become in 5.7...

This is abut situational awareness..remember once activated, secondaries don't care who's in the way.

So if I. Doubt , turn em off until it's safe to release your drunk AI gunners....

Warspite is the ultimate drunken bar brawler. Never get between a Warspite and the enemy.
  • Cool 1

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

Warspite is the ultimate drunken bar brawler. Never get between a Warspite and the enemy.

And especially never get between a friendly Warspite and an enemy Warspite.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

1. Me and a BB were fighting a DD up close and my secondary guns hit the friendly BB, which caused me to turn pink. Do you plan to fix this issue ?

A. We consider these situations unjust as well. Thus, it is likely we will remove friendly fire from secondaries altogether in 0.5.9 or 0.5.10.

Does that mean around that time they'll give up and remove it from torpedoes too so I don't have to worry with all the drunken sailors manning them :hiding:

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

6 times ... did you ever think to press P? Slam on reverse so he passes you quickly? Or is the reality of the situation that you are just as unaware as the person that sailed in between you?

[WK]
1,929 posts
23,651 battles

This is good news.  I hate the fact that I have to either turn off my secondaries to prevent damaging/sinking an ally and limiting my damage output, and giving AC free reign on my ship; or leave them on to put out damage and protect myself as much as able from AC, but risk damaging/sinking an ally.

If there are AC in the area, I will leave them on.  I'll deal with pink if it comes to that, but if there isn't then I'll turn them off.  I was hoping they'd do this, rather than another option that was tossed out: Ability to turn off only "surface" secondary fire, but keeping AA active.  It would add another key binding to be dealt with, and is likely more of a hassle to code out (have to make sure the dual purpose secondaries will still shoot at planes) than just having secondaries do no damage.  I'm one of the folks that suggested this.  Again, I was hoping that it would be chosen to simply prevent secondaries from doing damage, which with above quote, seems to be the case.:great:

• Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I feel like "drunken sailors" are given a whole different meaning and level when it comes to the secondary guns crewmen

Bad things happen when crew members huff the compressed air from the ballasts.
  • Cool 1

Members
808 posts
9,436 battles

Good topic, my secondary gunners have a taste for friendly ships.  I try to watch it pretty close, but my secondaries are the culprits for nearly all my friendly fire incidents.  I get the warnings and quickly toggle them off, but have never sunk anyone yet.  I figured WG could tell the difference anyway so never worry about it much.  I am glad they are getting into correcting that.  The friendly fire stuff that drives me the most insane is people throwing torps around like its a damn ticker tape parade, and no enemy ships are even in range and friendly ships are eating them.

• Cool 1

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,397 posts
29,476 battles

Thanks for the info.

With 5.7 secondaries becoming more accurate, this will be much needed.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,397 posts
29,476 battles

6 times ... did you ever think to press P? Slam on reverse so he passes you quickly? Or is the reality of the situation that you are just as unaware as the person that sailed in between you?

my attention was turned to an enemy furry taco approaching from other side as I couldn't shoot at enemy BB with New York in the way, and I figured New York would be able to finish off the almost dead BB...

So I couldn't fathom it was my secondaries shooting at New York until I saw the Disciplinary action imposed on me...

I do believe I didn't receive the famous "DON'T FIRE ON YOUR ALLIES" warning nor the chat pink warnings.

The only sound questions I got was "WE SUNK AN ALLIED BATTLESHIP ".

Sign in to follow this