You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gurudennis

I'm givin' it all she's got, Cap'n!

23 comments in this topic

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

You are always welcome to drop by Guru, you know where there are usually people that can help. 

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,768 posts
4,462 battles

It happens. Personally I'm taking a break as I started having a massive losing streak over the course of 3-4 days.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

lets see 120k dmg avg?

These were Atago games. Settled on a mere 75k. Given the crushing nature of the defeats, I'm only a bit embarrassed...

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

You are always welcome to drop by Guru, you know where there are usually people that can help. 

Thanks man, I think I'll stop by tomorrow for some therapeutic T6 divisioning :)

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

It happens. Personally I'm taking a break as I started having a massive losing streak over the course of 3-4 days.

This entirely. Idk what has been in he water the last few days but the teams have been super rough. My div mate and I have had a WTR over 1500 for a bit and just cannot get a win regardless of tier or class. So many people making mistakes that will not listen to advice.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

So you're complaining you can't completely stat-pad because you lost more than you won?

Honestly, outside of Ranked I've stopped caring about whether I win or lose in this game since I got a job.  I just don't have the time or energy to invest caring beyond yelling at teammates who [edited] themselves in the back the whole match.  Even my will to help allies by advising after I'm sunk has just died.

Obligatory rant about why those kinds of teammates are the ones I still muster the energy to yell at: when your team's CV is further up front than you and he's still undetected by the enemy, I think you fell just a little bit too far back.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

I bounce around between a lot of ships and this has a dramatic effect on my win rate. I quit worrying about win rate when I realized that because of the significant nature of RNGesus, the negatives of playing too many different types of ship in one day and more would just drag a rate down. I now focus on improving my damage and kill rates and how I contribute to the team. I am not saying others should do that or that others shouldn't care about their win rate, I am only saying for me it doesn't matter. :)

[RLGN]
Members
19,125 posts
35,151 battles

These were Atago games. Settled on a mere 75k. Given the crushing nature of the defeats, I'm only a bit embarrassed...

I don't have the strength to care about stuff like this any more, much less a 120k damage game. Whatever it takes to be some wraith who sails about the battlefield with perfect situational awareness to fling shells about and avoid return fire to the maximum extent, it seems painfully obvious it is something I completely, or nearly completely lack. About all I seem good at is finishers, particularly against weirdly angled ships, and surviving...

I bounce around between a lot of ships and this has a dramatic effect on my win rate. I quit worrying about win rate when I realized that because of the significant nature of RNGesus, the negatives of playing too many different types of ship in one day and more would just drag a rate down. I now focus on improving my damage and kill rates and how I contribute to the team. I am not saying others should do that or that others shouldn't care about their win rate, I am only saying for me it doesn't matter. :)

Maybe part of the reason for the issue above; 1; It seems pointless to me to waste potential first-win bonuses by playing the same ship until your hands cramp and your arms fall off. 2; Trying to do so bores me silly...

Needing to do so with the ARP Kongos to try to get the mission last weekend, (because my damage rate is so poor,) resulted in a slow rise in my damage rate. (Unless things just plain went to he** in a game...)

I've seen people say playing the same ship again and again in one sitting generally helps you improve; but I've never been given a clear answer to the following question;

'How many times will someone play the same ship, in one sitting, until they switch to another? or in a slightly different manner; 'How many times playing one ship during one sitting is considered 'a lot?''

I have 4,232 total games, but my average per ship is basically only 79... Which isn't much... The ships I've run the most; (Bogue, Wickes, a few others,) I'm generally 'better' at, but not always...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

So you're complaining you can't completely stat-pad because you lost more than you won?

... a fellow stat padder said. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, padding is one thing you won't see me do, not that I resent the allegation or anything. I don't spam one good ship ad nauseum, don't exploit CV MM (except sometimes with MurphyVonMauler, wink wink), don't play crapships to improve my WTR (Autism, I summon thee), don't seal club with the exception of the occasional Molotov or Nikolai match, don't ROFL-division with three OP T10 ships etc. etc.

I find satisfaction in grinding out a line and understanding what makes it tick. I'm at T10 in something like five lines and T9 in a couple more, and I don't care much for the other ones because I find them boring (CV) or inexcusably weak (mid tier IJN DD).

Playing with friends is fun, alone not so much. Dekein and I have probably played more battles together than apart at this point... Is it padding? Not intentional anyway. We snatch some of the most amazing defeats from the jaws of victory and [edited] and moan about it on TeamSpeak not because it spoils the win rate but because it's a wee bit annoying to watch your team fail worse than David Cameron. Then I go and make posts like this. I hope you don't mind too much...

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

I hate all of you. 

All of you. 

:angry:

(Don't worry, that was sarcasm :D)

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

oh, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

light_zpsarn45bov.png

What changed to make this game so hard to carry in these past few days?

[APOC]
Alpha Tester
1,938 posts
7,693 battles

I am seeing it as well. I thought it was just me, or something effed up with warshipstoday but... Yeah.. Everything seems a bit wonky. Not that I am purple. I wish I was. I am just a measly blue player.

http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1004705674/dark.png

Edited by JollyRoger6969

[APOC]
Alpha Tester
1,938 posts
7,693 battles

Games shouldn't be played for stats :(

Mine are played for fun. It's also nice to be able to see if I am doing okay or not. I use stats to see what I need to improve on. Things such as damage, kills per game and the like. What I don't concentrate on is WR. That one should come natural if you do the damage as best you can and get kills in a normal ratio.

Members
2,054 posts
2,359 battles

Mine are played for fun. It's also nice to be able to see if I am doing okay or not. I use stats to see what I need to improve on. Things such as damage, kills per game and the like. What I don't concentrate on is WR. That one should come natural if you do the damage as best you can and get kills in a normal ratio.

The only stat I like is credit and xp gain because it means more ships!

WTR never meant anything to me. It feels like a really arbitrary and worthless rating 

[APOC]
Alpha Tester
1,938 posts
7,693 battles

The only stat I like is credit and xp gain because it means more ships!

WTR never meant anything to me. It feels like a really arbitrary and worthless rating 

I can agree with you here. The WTR number, from what I understand, is skewed from the start. It takes certain things into account that make it easier to falsely pad said stat. Another reason I do not concentrate on my WR. It is too easy to manipulate these. My main meat is Damage. I also use the WoWReplays stats siggy because that one actually lists the metric I watch the most as its primary statistical record. (Top right corner... Damage baby! It's all about the damage!)

[_FOG_]
[_FOG_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
2,706 battles

I thought WG was out to get me .

WR was on the rise until I set up my twitch stream.

Thought it was my bad play combined with bad luck ...

lol

Probably is ....

Edited by Captain_Avatar

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

oh, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

light_zpsarn45bov.png

Everyone is playing ranked I think. Teams have been truly awful.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I can agree with you here. The WTR number, from what I understand, is skewed from the start. It takes certain things into account that make it easier to falsely pad said stat. Another reason I do not concentrate on my WR. It is too easy to manipulate these.

This is all true. Which is why (I hope) nobody who's checked in here so far plays this game for WTR as such. The reason why I posted what I did is because I found the extreme nature of the outcome amusing.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Usually every weekend it gets much harder because the populace as a whole gets stupider with the influx of idiots.

This week leads up to 4th of July too, this and next week are probably popular times to take vacation days.  That can't help matters, and neither does the fact that school's out so a lot of younger people will be playing more.  Not saying they're necessarily less experienced just by virtue of their age - I know several SSB players that are younger than me but still wreck face in tournaments, but at the very least the chat gets even more nonsensical.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Games shouldn't be played for stats :(

I'm just puzzled, because, according to the stats, my personal performance hasn't changed much, but I am now losing more often.

So, from my point of view, the meta has changed dramatically, despite me doing nothing different.

Edited by MrDeaf