Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Heck yeah!! MM to finally get upgrade in 0.5.8

11 comments in this topic

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/058-public-test/

• The new matchmaker logic does not provide for any 'mixing' of ships by nation -- there could be a theoretical situation where three Japanese destroyers will encounter three U.S. destroyers;
  • If it takes too long to assemble teams for a battle for whatever reason, battles may be fought between smaller teams with incomplete lineup (11х11, 10х10 etc.);
  • Balancing the lowest tier ships outside of their type is allowed. For example, a tier VIII battle could involve a tier VI destroyer against a tier VI battleship.
  • Balancing two same-type ships with enemy ships of adjacent tiers is allowed if they are not at the top of the team and if they are not battleships. For example, in a tier VIII battle, a tier VI cruiser could find herself against a tier VII cruiser on the opposing team
  • Divisions may include ships of various tiers (low-tier ships are allowed to Division with high-tier ships)

Sadly, they are retaining fail divisions. As I have been saying, WG likes faildivisions: they shorten the game. Really sucks.

But the other changes are very welcome...

Beta Testers
288 posts
4,564 battles

View PostTaichunger, on 27 June 2016 - 11:44 PM, said:

Sadly, they are retaining fail divisions. As I have been saying, WG likes faildivisions: they shorten the game. Really sucks.

If they got rid of it what would we complain about?

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

If they got rid of it what would we complain about?

torpedoes? CV? Lert and Mcabe's hacked up hairballs?:hmm: there's lots to complain about!
  • Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
7,140 posts
12,577 battles

Looks like dogfighting expert loses even more utility with the MM changes.

TA is more useful to CV anyway, and kinda necessary if you want a chance at hitting DDs unless you catch them beached or flat-footed. I don't face higher-tier CVs enough to justify taking Dogfight over Torp Accel.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

torpedoes? CV? Lert and Mcabe's hacked up hairballs?:hmm: there's lots to complain about!

I'll complain about my missing Alpha Tester tag no matter what WG does. ;)

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I'll complain about my missing Alpha Tester tag no matter what WG does. ;)

Oh, where'd it go?

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

TA is more useful to CV anyway, and kinda necessary if you want a chance at hitting DDs unless you catch them beached or flat-footed. I don't face higher-tier CVs enough to justify taking Dogfight over Torp Accel.

Yes, I use TA as well, but it would be nice if both skills had utility to be competitive instead of another useless skill that no one takes.

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

Looks like they still never want to see a dime from me.  Preventing fail divisions is on my list of requirements.  They also need to prevent domination battles from having a different number of DDs.  Maybe in random it's not that big of a deal, but in ranked, it's a major issue.

WG is pushing me away like it did WoT.  Losing more and more desire to play WoWs every day.

It's as if they are purposely going out of their way to grief their own player base.  I get enough grief from failtard players to put up with the WG's nonsense.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Yes, I use TA as well, but it would be nice if both skills had utility to be competitive instead of another useless skill that no one takes.

Um...here's the thing: if the bonus were any higher, the Saipan would get massively gimped versus any CV it can meet (if the enemy skipper is using Dogfighting Expert) except the Taiho or Essex because it uses T9 planes.

You're better off using those 3 skill points on something else, there's plenty of higher-tier skills that are viable for CVs.  Aircraft Servicing Expert, for one, Air Supremacy for another, and AFT is always a nice all-rounder skill to have.  Basics of Survivability and BFT also aren't bad, and depending on the ship you're using, Last Stand can also be viable.

Edited by TenguBlade

Sign in to follow this