Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Where did our gaming slang come from?

15 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,771 battles

ironcily i saw this video last night.:look:

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Interesting. I wasn't aware that the term "Salty" had origins from the early 20th century. Especially since it's a relatively new slang for gaming and the internet.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
196 posts
8,094 battles

SoW plz

Ext KEI III for donations

train to zone!!

Griffon to inn !!

Ancient Cyclops UP !!

all a formative part of my mid-late 20's in 1999 during the game that took more hours of any of my life (no regrets either )

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

SoW plz

Ext KEI III for donations

train to zone!!

Griffon to inn !!

Ancient Cyclops UP !!

all a formative part of my mid-late 20's in 1999 during the game that took more hours of any of my life (no regrets either )

twitches

MFing druids quad kiting spectres thru north zo deserve a special place in hell.  Dishonorable mention, necros same place.

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
243 posts
25,615 battles

How's that ironic?

Irony has been ruined ever since the early 90's and Allanis Morisette her song Ironic.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,618 battles

I guess it wasn't ironic, it's more of a coincidence. It's also a coincidence that issm was in a Myoko this morning and I put some shells into him from my Atlanta lol. He is a very good player and was able to angle out of that situation and went on to lead his team to a win. He's very good. 

Members
165 posts
1,980 battles

twitches

MFing druids quad kiting spectres thru north zo deserve a special place in hell.  Dishonorable mention, necros same place.

Ah, 72man raids. So much fun raiding PoTime. This was when people learned how long a "raid" really lasted. Gonna go burn 3-4 hours on PoInnovation, then kill Earthen Council if they're up. Healers chain full on MT, OT be ready to swap. Dps make sure to watch cleave and AoE. Bards prepare songs. That game took quite a lot of coordination, but was well worth it if you could win a drop.
Edited by LuminousWraith

Members
3,929 posts
20,995 battles

I'm actually the person that introduced the term Fail and Failure to the online gaming community. It happens to be true.

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

They didn't get spam quite right. Back in the old days, 1970s, before the internet we had bulletin boards and chat rooms. 

people would quote Monty Python a lot, and every one in a while someone would start the Spam skit. Others would pick it up, and eventually spam was the only word on the screen, and you had to wait for the whole thing to stop to get back to your conversation. 

it was very annoying

0 posts

Always did wonder what those terms came from, since I do tend to use a few of them occasionally.

I'm actually the person that introduced the term Fail and Failure to the online gaming community. It happens to be true.

I'm very much sure of it :P.  

Sign in to follow this