Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ValkyrWarframe

New Game Mode in 0.5.8

18 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Public Test Article says this:

""Bastion" is a new mode where you attack or defend forts or strategic stations like radar stations and other fortifications. We wanted to toss in some gameplay diversity for high-tier battles, and currently you can try it on the "Atlantic" map. Neutralizing/capturing these key locations results in Domination points, so the mode should be familiar if you've tried "Domination" battles at higher tiers."

So, basically it is like a bombardment game mode, which adds lots of things to do in a battle besides capping and killing ships. They said "radar stations" so I think these installations will provide spotting within a certain range and also by the looks of the images they are fortified with some kind of artillery defense. I have a feeling battleships and cruisers will be the best for destroying these land installations.  Also, since these land installations are on islands, destroyers will be good at defending them due to ambush tactics.  Aircraft Carriers I am not so sure about, cause it never said if these installations had AA defense in addition to artillery defense.  Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Edited by ValkyrWarframe
  • Cool 1

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Public Test Article says this:

""Bastion" is a new mode where you attack or defend forts or strategic stations like radar stations and other fortifications. We wanted to toss in some gameplay diversity for high-tier battles, and currently you can try it on the "Atlantic" map. Neutralizing/capturing these key locations results in Domination points, so the mode should be familiar if you've tried "Domination" battles at higher tiers."

So, basically it is like a bombardment game mode, which adds lots of things to do in a battle besides capping and killing ships. They said "radar stations" so I think these installations will provide spotting within a certain range and also by the looks of the images they are fortified with some kind of artillery defense. I have a feeling battleships and cruisers will be the best for destroying these land installations.  Also, since these land installations are on islands, destroyers will be good at defending them due to ambush tactics.  Aircraft Carriers I am not so sure about, cause it never said if these installations had AA defense in addition to artillery defense.  Anyway, what are your thoughts?

CV= diver bombers

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Is cool, some change is nice ^.^

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

CV= diver bombers

Well, how big is the AA around the fortifications?  That's what makes CV's role questionable.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,280 battles

I'm pretty excited for this new game mode to be implemented throughout all the maps. So far in my imagination, it sounds the coolest game mode to have at the time being. :great:

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Welly welly welly.....

Some things come to mind now that you mention this...If the capture island, harbor village or area is now on one side why not have robots or dead players use DEF (Defence) guns to protect it from the enemy trying to recapturing it?   The DEF guns cannot be so all powerful as to destroy any and everything but good enough to put up a fight. Also an air strip with planes as well. Who will fly them?  Those planes should be limited in their radius of travel - just there to protect the borders of the area they are assigned.  

And so on...this is a positive move to add diversity and creativity to the present and look forward toward this direction. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I really want those shore batteries to fire heavy-caliber AP shells.  Because Russian CAs need to not be good at something.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

I really want those shore batteries to fire heavy-caliber AP shells.  Because Russian CAs need to not be good at something.

But we all know the shells will gloriously overpenetrate.

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,715 battles

At last real bases to capture and to bombard not just a patch of water with floating buoys ( not  that i don't mind that ) but something solid to shoot at and fires back.

No if they could only produce a English channel map with all  gun emplacements on either side now that would be fun and brutal.

regards

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

I just hope they don't make the batteries on the forts super-accurate.

Members
40 posts
11,153 battles

other game modes in my mind:
-Team Death Match.....:izmena:no caps, just kill enemy team. (tiers 5-7/9-10))

-Arena....just DD's are allowed (5-10)

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

I'd imagine AAA on then won't be too much, need to have a reason for ships or carrier planes to stick around and defend it.

Beta Testers
527 posts
3,998 battles

I like the sound of this. Shore bombardment with my BBs would be sweet.

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,229 posts
7,195 battles

This looks like a great add to the game. It also looks more realistic.

[ELECM]
Beta Testers
79 posts
11,765 battles

I think its something that low tiers should get. Give high tiers back standard battle with no ticker. Draws happen deal with it.

Sign in to follow this