You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Deadenemy94

Karma System needs to be reworked

18 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
4,919 battles

I pleasure myself on being courteous and try to play the best to help my team, which resulted in around 12ish karma being attributed to my account. But it seems that now players are abusing the system when an opponent is having a good game. After a few rounds and even a Kraken unleashed, I dropped back down to 0 Karma. I understand there are no rewards or benefits for having good karma, but if Karma doesn't matter at all, then why do we have the system? It was a nice attempt to reward friendly and experienced players, but seems to have absolutely no purpose any longer. 

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

It serves no purpose other than being an outlet for players to mash the report button.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,369 battles

I think the report system in general needs to be reworked, cause I get chat banned because one dude reports me 7 times when I proved him wrong.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Because people get mad that you stole their damage and kills instead of congratulating you on being a good shot.  And they think you're bossing them around when you give them tips, or think that you're just wrong.

I was just trying to help a North Carolina by predicting what the Hipper he was facing would do next (I knew the latter well, hence why I chipped in), called every move he made, and I got reported by some other guy who was yelling at the NC for not using his full broadside on the CA (for the record, if he did he would have taken torpedoes).  He even took the time to yell at me via port messaging although I think that's because the North Carolina "euthanized" him as thanks for my help.

• Cool 1

[TOXIX]
Beta Testers
225 posts
19,998 battles

I use it almost every game.

1) Plays Poorly is my most frequent and is given to teammates who don't play the objectives. People farming damage/kills instead of contesting caps are prime targets. CAPS WIN ffs....

2) Plays Poorly to people who avoid contact and play the game with an apparent goal of hiding to stay alive and/or insist on playing at max range when closing the distance is required to contribute.

3) Plays well for for the rare teammates who carried my team to a victory and for red ships that flatly out play me.

I also hold nothing back in chat to direct, lead, ir even publicly shame my team into making the decisions in game to pull out a win.

My karma was at about 15 last time I looked. Imo, it is working fine. If yours is at zero, maybe you team sees someone not playing for the good of the team dispite your individual accomplishments.

• Cool 1

[BANGO]
Members
809 posts
26,528 battles

Mostly I use "Misbehavior in chat" for the really crass language. Maybe a Settings Filter like WoT, to suppress the worst. It seems like the PT has something like that, but I haven't seen it enough to tell., I KNOW 5.7 doesn't filter ANYTHING.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

There's a Karma button? COOL!

Members
295 posts
1,398 battles

Where do i view my karma?

Click on the profile tab from port and then click onto your service record and beside your name there is a little number. Whatever your number is there are your Karma pts

Edited by Johnny_Johnson_2016

Members
397 posts

1) Plays Poorly is my most frequent and is given to teammates who don't play the objectives. People farming damage/kills instead of contesting caps are prime targets. CAPS WIN ffs....

2) Plays Poorly to people who avoid contact and play the game with an apparent goal of hiding to stay alive and/or insist on playing at max range when closing the distance is required to contribute.

3) Plays well for for the rare teammates who carried my team to a victory and for red ships that flatly out play me.

I also hold nothing back in chat to direct, lead, ir even publicly shame my team into making the decisions in game to pull out a win.

My karma was at about 15 last time I looked. Imo, it is working fine. If yours is at zero, maybe you team sees someone not playing for the good of the team dispite your individual accomplishments.

You are uncalled for and one very hate filled person in my book. My lord you sound dreadful
  • Cool 1

[BANGO]
Members
809 posts
26,528 battles

Its too bad that karma is a single number, you have no idea how many pluses or minuses you may have. Is a 15 better if its just plus 15 or if its plus 30 and minus 15? Who can tell?

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,407 battles

Do not worry about the Karma points at all. They reward nothing. The idea for that is to show a good player by compliments that their efforts are appreciated. Likewise to show slackers that they need to step up their game. Rather than complain Please be a Good player and compliment Good playing team mates as well as report poor play. Yes there are those who will Jack A s and report falsely but we just have to live with that. I check mine now and then and find it has gone up after a really good battle effort even on a loss as well as it going down after some real bone head play. Be a Good Sport and Compliment / Report honestly and we will all be the better for it.

Members
22 posts
5,207 battles

You are uncalled for and one very hate filled person in my book. My lord you sound dreadful

how is that hate filled, its hard to imagine he would like competent teammates what a dreadful thing to want out of a game.
Edited by griffor

[TCB]
Members
21 posts
30,718 battles

why not just go to an admin type of enforcement on the server to eliminate this popularity poll report system. If you "offend" some one that is playing they rant and rally all to report you for fake perceived slights!  From the lips of children or those of childish thought. If you have some one looking and watching they will mostly go away. Most of us were  raised to respect authority and play nice with others ( no matter how bad our day went). Just saying

Members
397 posts

Because people get mad that you stole their damage and kills instead of congratulating you on being a good shot.  And they think you're bossing them around when you give them tips, or think that you're just wrong.

I was just trying to help a North Carolina by predicting what the Hipper he was facing would do next (I knew the latter well, hence why I chipped in), called every move he made, and I got reported by some other guy who was yelling at the NC for not using his full broadside on the CA (for the record, if he did he would have taken torpedoes).  He even took the time to yell at me via port messaging although I think that's because the North Carolina "euthanized" him as thanks for my help.

You really need to stop 'chipped in'. Its simply not your place to oversee, help, or make another player bend to your thought. The game patented mechanics will even out all play.

Members
397 posts

I think the report system in general needs to be reworked, cause I get chat banned because one dude reports me 7 times when I proved him wrong.

You really need to stop. You don't need to be right about anything in this game. You may have offended many others. Please stop and you'll get the chat back.

Members
397 posts

Please stop, you sound a bit nuts and you have zero control over others; ZERO. You really need to stop, Its simply not your place to oversee, help, or make another players bend to your will. The game patented mechanics will even out all play. Enjoy the game for whatever your reason is but, YOU are not the game master, you're just another player, so stop being or playing the fool. Play your best and stop being the controlling master mind, it will never work.

[-I--]
Members
29 posts
17,440 battles

Karma... It's an outlet for quivering lower lip, snot nosed, back of the map campers, won't go anywhere unless someone else is in front of them, kiddies traumatized by Hello Kitty World.