You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
centarina

Your best torpedo beat moment

16 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I think I just had my best torpedo beat moment in my WOWs career and it didn't happen in a DD.   I was in yorck trying to ambush torp a budyonny.   Yet      ambush turned to counter ambush and fighting for life as torps are crisscrossing the water around me.   I really enjoyed this match.  good match filled with decent players.   

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/10478

what is your best torpedo beat moment?

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

When a Shokaku targeted me in the Kiev and while dodging a torpedo walls and some other surprise torps from a Fubuki.. that was fun, but I think some things got thrown around.. aggressive mass transfer with humans on board may or may not injure/kill said humans.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

Amagi in season 3 of Ranked. Evaded something over 80 torpedoes, around 30 of which were fired near-simultaneously.

Members
5,450 posts
21,046 battles

I had some really good  torpedo dodges recently in my Fletcher but I haven't turned them into gifs yet.

But here is an old torpedo dodge. 

IfyhV4u.gif

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Well I don't have a replay but it was when I was in my Myoko and 3/4 DDs threw everything they had at me without a single hit. I still don't understand how I even managed that...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Back in closed alpha I dodged a 3 TB squad cross torp attempt in an Amagi.

On live server with Aoba, I was once attacked by 2 Hiryus who I assume were coordinating. So 4 TB squads and 4 DB squads. Dodged all the TBs, only took minor damage from the DBs. They left me alone after that.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

About 3 months ago when I dodged a Hatsuharu's torpedoes at 4km with EXTREME ULTRA SUPER-LATE BRAKING in my Hiryu and he died in the next instant to my secondaries.  He was absolutely fuming.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Recently in ranked - dodged torps from 1.5km and got Double Strike by return to sender and finishing off a beached Hatsu. Too bad it was back in 0.5.6 :(

Members
571 posts
4,688 battles

back when i was starting out and i had a SC as my only BB i was in a game where i ended up dodging what feels like more than 40 torps.... wish i had it recorder but man it was epic XD

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I wish I had the replays. I've had some that felt like they where scratching my bow as they went by.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

EDIT: Wrong kind of "Torpedo Beat", whoops.

Last week my ARP Kongo avoided a Zuiho's cross-drop with 0 damage taken. The follow-up dive bombers even missed.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

Beta Testers
282 posts
4,998 battles

Mine would definitely be this one. Oh wait, this one actually "hit" me after it passed by my bow and killed me. Nevermind.

shot-16.06.19_20.59.58-0439.jpg