You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Granitebeard

PvE stats

31 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

OK, I don't PvE. Honestly I would probably like it better, but it is just something I don't do. Needless to say, guy in a recant match was going of about the BBs sitting at long range when he was the furthest back out of the whole team. Match ends and I did meh and he was right there with me. Noting his tier 7 premium ship, i decided to look him up, just wanting to know his "experience".

<300 games played

<49% WR

<18k avg damage

<700 avg xp

1.71 KDR

I was like hmm....less then 300 games and most of those in a multitude of premiums.....

Then I was like, well he was going off about CO-op, so looked at his stats there thinking only 4 or 5 games in some tier 7s and 8s seemed like he had to get xp somewhere else. Well this is what I see:

<1930 games played

<93% WR

<31.5K avg damage

350 avg xp (co-op....)

5.44 KDR

Again, not a co-op player but is this really that easy to do in co-op???

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,280 battles

Now if u wanna see co-op stats, look at mine. Crazy I'll say. :teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

.... guess it isn't that hard....

EDIT: not trying to down play anyones skills.

Edited by Granitebeard

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Idk why people play so many Co-Op games.. just doesn't give a challenge, but that might just be me.

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,689 battles

Idk why people play so many Co-Op games.. just doesn't give a challenge, but that might just be me.

Darth, I can give you a couple of reasons why people like co-op:

1. Don't have to deal with inanely stupid teams and the frustration (and high blood pressure for some) it causes.

2. Usually don't have to put up with the toxicity.  Some will say grow a thicker skin.  I say that that just condones their toxicity, and why should we have to put up with it if we choose don't like and choose not to?

You end up making a trade-off of less frustration and less toxicity for less challenge.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Try and get 6 kills buddy... It's harder than it looks. :teethhappy:

I do it to sight in a new ship's guns or retrain or just because the games are so quick.

Members
4,608 posts

Yeah, never see any human player sailing in a straight line.  You want a more relaxed game, play coop, less hostility and usually better teamwork.

Alpha Tester
1,635 posts
9,525 battles

Might actually do it in my Warspite. Yea I am OK in it in randoms, but just the joy of playing her and learning some ins and outs better.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

OK, I don't PvE. Honestly I would probably like it better, but it is just something I don't do. Needless to say, guy in a recant match was going of about the BBs sitting at long range when he was the furthest back out of the whole team. Match ends and I did meh and he was right there with me. Noting his tier 7 premium ship, i decided to look him up, just wanting to know his "experience".

<300 games played

<49% WR

<18k avg damage

<700 avg xp

1.71 KDR

I was like hmm....less then 300 games and most of those in a multitude of premiums.....

Then I was like, well he was going off about CO-op, so looked at his stats there thinking only 4 or 5 games in some tier 7s and 8s seemed like he had to get xp somewhere else. Well this is what I see:

<1930 games played

<93% WR

<31.5K avg damage

350 avg xp (co-op....)

5.44 KDR

​It was possible back in alfa when you waited 5 minutes for an almost all bot co op.  Sometimes one or 2 maybe not afk players.

That was fun with an Atlanta vs 5 bot DD's and 1 Atlanta.

Don't know co op population these days.

1,054 posts
8,280 battles

Darth, I can give you a couple of reasons why people like co-op:

1. Don't have to deal with inanely stupid teams and the frustration (and high blood pressure for some) it causes.

2. Usually don't have to put up with the toxicity.  Some will say grow a thicker skin.  I say that that just condones their toxicity, and why should we have to put up with it if we choose don't like and choose not to?

You end up making a trade-off of less frustration and less toxicity for less challenge.

That's true on what all you said just there, BUT......your missing ONE MORE point to it, some other players LIKE to ONLY play PVE type of games rather than just PVP nowadays such as myself and some of my friends as well. :)

However, on my end and my opinion, some games are great and ok for pvp rather than pve, but for WOWS since after CBT's launch, it just never had that pvp feel for its WG title while WOT does. I mean, the AI's are smart and acc (sometimes even better than player skills), but overall, WOWS just NEVER caught my attention for PVP system rather than PVE system. :B

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,446 battles

I do a lot of PvP (3,770 battles), but I also do a lot of Coop (2,646 battles).

Why?

More relaxing

Less toxic

Good for testing new ships/mods/upgrades

High-tier AI is tough

Playing DDs in Coop is tough and keeps me on my toes

Battles are short and I do when I am short on time (i.e. very early AM before work)

Edited by alexf24

[CK5]
Members
1,936 posts
23,551 battles

Overall, I think Co-op is easier.  It isn't that the bots don't shoot straight, because they do.  Anyone who has tried to disengage from a losing fight with a bot will tell you that.  What is easier is that the bots do let you get away with mistakes for which a decent human player would definitely make you pay, such as showing your broadside to a BB sitting 5 km away.  I use Co-op play to try out a new ship and learn what I need to do to get better with it.  I just don't want to be making stupid mistakes in PvP (or at least as few as possible).  

Other posters have pointed out the more accepting and casual atmosphere in Co-op and the lack of rage on chat.  That part is better and I can see why some players gravitate to Co-op play.  

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

<300 games played

<49% WR

<18k avg damage

<700 avg xp

1.71 KDR

<1930 games played

<93% WR

<31.5K avg damage

350 avg xp (co-op....)

5.44 KDR

co-op is easy mode.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

<300 games played

<49% WR

<18k avg damage

<700 avg xp

1.71 KDR

<1930 games played

<93% WR

<31.5K avg damage

350 avg xp (co-op....)

5.44 KDR

This looks like low tier coop, given the stats.  Its quite easy.  Except when playing destroyers as they focus flawlessly on you.  Coop gets more interesting on higher tiers.  Stats would alter.  WR and KDR will go down, average damage goes up, XP goes up.  

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

I usually just run Co-Ops for test driving a new ship and for challenges ect.. that allow them. Just less hassle.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Yes, you can do A LOT of damage in CoOp. Which is why it's so fun!

V3o25Ju.png?1

Members
3,929 posts
20,959 battles

OK, I don't PvE. 

31.k avg damage vs bots in a tier 7-8 is terrible. So regardless of which mode this individual plays he's a bad, just as you pointed out that he sits behind the team. We've got plenty of those in pve also btw.

pve is a different game mode. From my perspective it's nothing to do with the end result but rather the game itself - how well you contributed as a team player. Unlike pve, pvp is a long distance, round robin snipe fest. Where as in pve you are less team dependent, generally shorter games and can play more mid to short range.

Judging a game mode strictly by win-rate is narrow minded. I've made that mistake myself in the past.

Edited by yUPPatriots
  • Cool 3

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

I like the fact that bots do not camp.  I hate static gameplay.

Sometime they can surprise me (Had all 4 BB's of the enemy team on me once) while going forward.

I'm up to tier 7, and I am having tons of fun in Co-Op, way more than I've ever had in PvP (except on the low tiers, and even).

31.k avg damage vs bots in a tier 7-8 is terrible. So regardless of which mode this individual plays he's a bad, just as you pointed out that he sits behind the team. We've got plenty of those in pve also btw.

pve is a different game mode. From my perspective it's nothing to do with the end result but rather the game itself - how well you contributed as a team player. Unlike pve, pvp is a long distance, round robin snipe fest. Where as in pve you are less team dependent, generally shorter games and can play more mid to short range.

Exactly what I was trying to say.  +1

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

Judging a game mode strictly by win-rate is narrow minded. I've made that mistake myself in the past.

So nicely said.
  • Cool 1

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

Basically, the answer as to why some people prefer co-op is as simple as this - they're human - different people have different tastes in what they want from their gaming experience. Trying to get any more detailed than that, we'd be here all day listing all the various reasons why different people prefer different games and modes.

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Are the teams in Co-op any less inanely stupid, or do they just appear so because of predictable opponents, and the lack of frustration due to the fact that you'll probably win anyway?

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
98 posts
10,526 battles
Since there's no "ship trainer" that I know of in WOWS, coop has been the next best thing for me to learn a ship, train a captain (although slowly) and try new strategies.  Having said that, random play is more fun in that you can never predict the other players.

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,689 battles

Are the teams in Co-op any less inanely stupid, or do they just appear so because of predictable opponents, and the lack of frustration due to the fact that you'll probably win anyway?

Actually, I think that overall, co-op teams are a little less stupid.  That said, don't take that as meaning that I think they're paragons of intelligent play.  They're not.   Does the fact that the bots are mostly predictable factor into this?  Yes.  Reasonably smart players will play to counter that predictability rather than play the way they would against live players in random pubs.    That's just the smart thing to do.

Might it be nice if co-op bots were a little less predictable?  Sure.  For example, on a map like Solomons, it'd be nice if the bots didn't charge straight up the middle all the time.

Still, when you get on the North map, there's still almost always going to be some idiot BB driver who thinks that going to D is the thing to do.  (And if it's a tier 8 battle, they're invariably in a Tirpitz.)  But usually, when I'm in such a battle, I'm able to convince said BB player that his guns are needed in the middle of the map, and to please not go to D solo.

All in all, regardless of how well the bots fight, strategically co-op is pretty simple.  Stick together and it's darned near impossible to lose.  Split up on a large map, and your chances of losing go up considerably, and even moreso if your team is short handed and is stuck with 2-3 friendly bots.  But when you stick together, stronger players can help cover for the weaker ones and anything like decent focus fire will easily win the day.  Split up, and you risk having a small force run into a larger force of bots and if the small force of players isn't all that good, they may get overwhelmed.

So strategically, co-op isn't all that difficult.  Getting all 8 players to stick together is a different story, as there's invariably some 1 or 2 players who just will not stay with the group, and insist on going where the main group isn't going.  And it's teams like those that are most likely to lose in co-op.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
994 posts
12,711 battles

Compared to PvP modes, yeah it's really easy. I play a lot of co-op since it's more relaxing and I can hammer out all my daily +50% with a near guarantee of 1 game on each ship. I do PvP modes when I know I have a chunk of time I can sink into WoWS. The only times I've lost in PVE is when your team dies too quickly for you to kill all the AI ship before the timer runs out, or you end up in a 3+ vs 1 situations. The bots have good aim, but it's predictable and they are overly aggressive.