You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KTcraft

Exceptional

69 comments in this topic

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

I've played quite a few games of warships.  Throughout my career I've had the opportunity to play with a multitude of players, varying greatly in skill, demeanor and intellect.  Many of these players are very very good, and most are far better then I.  But some stand out as being something special.  Allow me to list a few of them here.

(In no particular order)

Pulicat

I met Pulicat only recently but I've had the opportunity to play with him on multiple occasions since then.  Pulicat is a great destroyer player, easily able to hang with the best, but more then that- Pulicat has shown himself to be a very talented tactician, with a sound grasp of map strategy and uncanny situational awareness.  His understanding of developing situations has helped eek out victory time and again.  If you find him on your team, listen to what he has to say-do this and you'll find victory is all but inevitable.

Bballmangreg

When I first met Greg a few months ago, he was chugging along, only slightly above average (around 1050-1100 WTR-or 900-1000 with the current system).  At some point I asked him about his goals in game, what he wanted to do, and he expressed a desire for improvement, for which I gave him the link to warships today.  Since then he has gone from being a barely average player, to being (recently) one of the best players on the server.  This is improvement on an insane level, and is telling of his dedication and commitment to learning and excelling. 

1nv4d3rZ1m(InvaderZim)

Of the three in this list, Zim probably needs the least introduction, but for those who don't know him.  Zim is an outspoken member of the forums, recently made supertester (congrats Zim!).  While there's no question Zim is an extremely competent player across the board, his greatest strength by far, is his knowledge.   Zim's understanding of game mechanics, and retention of ship characteristics, as well as a relatively (in my opinion) unbiased view on such has made him a resource I can always count on to provide good accurate information- and who's opinion I highly value.

There's more to these players then just skill and knowledge.  All three players have great attitudes and are fun to play with, never showering other players with profanity or demeaning their teammates.    Don't just take my word for it though, go and ask them all to division.  If they accept your invitation, you may find yourself improving far more then you thought possible-or barring that, just having tons of fun.

What about you guys?  Who are some of the most exceptional players you've had the honor, the privilege of playing World of Warships with?  And to you, what is it about them that makes them extraordinary?

Also, if you've played with any of the three mentioned above, and feel like throwing their names out again, that's absolutely fine, and I'm sure they would be ok with it(please be ok with it...).

Edited by KTcraft
  • Cool 3

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

Killjoy1941.  Just so much fun to play with.  Has similar evil instincts which make divisioning with him a joy.

Hushubao.  Very good with ships and hilarious.  Somehow starts the battle 2 minutes late and ends up MVP.  Every.  Freakin.  Time.

10t0nhammer.  Fun to play with.  Wife is hilarious in the background.

Belgaraththesorcerer.  Good with destroyers.  Plus we TK each other at the end of the match for the lolz.

I played a lot with Pullicat in Team Battles.  A good commander who has good situational awareness.

Many more, but these are the top I can think of right now...

Edited by Lord_Zath
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I've had a honor of being sunked by ktcraft once in my p-cola  :D         my early days,  zim was in my team in a minekaze.    played against prinzmakkay and LWM.   Had belgarath backing me up in kiev (I was in mutsuki)    Lordzath seal clubbed me in arizona recently

Edited by centarina

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,732 posts
26,569 battles

GUTB. He's just so wise, beyond his years. Everything he says is a wisdom for the ages.

• Cool 7

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Amatsukaze DD: One of the best Taiho players around, being very good at the game in general.

GUTB. He's just so wise, beyond his years. Everything he says is a wisdom for the ages.

And you Lert, when I bombed you while you were supertesting Arizona :), just kidding, but still you are a good player.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

I uhh....   :sceptic:   don't remember this...

I happen to enjoy GUTB's threads (don't hurt me!).  I find them highly highly entertaining and TBH, I sometimes find myself looking forward to the next PotatoPost.

Edited by KTcraft

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

I've had the honor of talking to/playing with many exceptional players since Alpha Test. More than i can name here but here's a few:

Rylee

Pulicat

Warhawk_97

Tedster_

and just about everyone who i have suckered into joining my clan. :teethhappy:

Members
5,450 posts
21,049 battles

I've played with iChase twice, Once with Notser and several forum regulars. 

Seen Lord_Zath on both sides of battle, played one Ranked match with GUTB wasn't half bad really, several games with a certain spinning doge. There have been others but those are the ones that come to mind. 

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

Dont sell yourself short KT, you are just as competent as the rest of us. 

Also want to put LWM on the list, she is a great player when she is has the time to play and dedicates a lot of time to helping others. 

One thing that I like about Greg and KT is that neither one brings a big ego to the table. Wins or losses its all good, there is no rage quitting or yelling, no ego to work around. Its nice to play with good players and have a good time doing well. Its something that is sometimes lacking with other skilled players. 

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

Dont sell yourself short KT, you are just as competent as the rest of us.

When trying to extol the virtues of people you value, sometimes(often) diminishing yourself helps them shine brighter. 

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,733 battles

deign12 - The most OP CV player I've had the pleasure of playing with.

Ashmedia - The most fun DD player that I've seen do "torpedo beats" multiple times.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

i have way to many to list but anyone who i have said "hi *waves*" to you know who you are =] 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I wonder what peoples thoughts are on me (that have played with me)

Probably look something like this:

DarthDoge

-Rager

-Super-Duper-Unicum

-Complainer

-The Salt will be with you, always.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

i have way to many to list but anyone who i have said "hi *waves*" to you know who you are =] 

All i got was a hi without the wave.:(

[STW]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
10,616 battles

DarthDoge

I am impressed he isn't puking 24/7 with all his spinning.

That said-this is more about what you think of people you are playing with, not about what the people you are playing with think of you.

Edited by KTcraft

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

All i got was a hi without the wave.:(

awww *pat*

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

DarthDoge

I am impressed he isn't puking 24/7 with all his spinning.

That said-this is more about what you think of people you are playing with, not about what the people you are playing with think of you.

Hmm.. I'll just say a group of people since I got food cookin'

Task Force 38

THEPOTATO69, Th3_Jedi, Dixxxoncider, MushPotatoes, Rias__Gremory, 300Weatherby and our guests.

Awesome players!

I love being in division with these guys, I know I can rely on them and have a good time.

Pray you never meet any of them in a division on the enemy team.

Edited by DarthDoge

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

As I tend to solo in Random battles, I really don't have many people that stick out in my mind.  I've met a lot of forumites in battles, embarrassed myself in front of some, and made a good show for myself for others, but in terms of true friendships in this community, a loner like myself doesn't have many for various reasons.

The one I really have to give a nod to though is ValkyrWarframe, the only player that I can trust to stay divisioned with me and tolerate my methods of leadership.  Neither of us are unicums, but simply putting up with me since Day 1 of OBT without blowing up on me once to boot is an achievement in itself.:P

Edited by TenguBlade

Beta Testers
389 posts
7,230 battles

LWM is nice to have on the team on the rare occasion it happens.

Also slak against me not too long ago, still fun, but sad to take out a forumer :(

oh who am I kidding, full speed ahead against anyone on the enemy team :izmena:

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

I could steal Zath's list.

Also, LWM and slak are hilarious to have on your team if you can start riffing on the chat.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

awww *pat*

I remember seeing Wo_9  driving shokaku on the red team.  I told everyone that we need to take care about  redteam CV.   we won that one  :D

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

The community that hangs out in iChase's Discord server. They don't agree on many things but they always do their best to help you out. Many of the users there are steadily improving despite humble origins and low self esteem.