Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zhadum101

Is Pink status now One Kill not even dmg based?

58 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Yes. If you kill a teammate, you immediately get pink status. 

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

http://i.imgur.com/1KvgoiT.png

So I got rammed....  he died as he had low health...  and I'm a TKer it seems?

185 dmg only?

yes, kill an ally, you pay the price. Even if you didn't mean to or it was an accident, Pink status. It sucks. Bad. I happen to think WG went just a little too harsh on this one.
  • Cool 4

Beta Testers
648 posts
15,736 battles

Yes. I last saw a post saying it's damage based and then I tested by ramming a ~120hp friendly dd. That post was wrong and I got pink right away.

Edited by Shokaku_1

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

The new TK system is waaaay too sensitive ;/

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Interesting, I got tked by a Kiev last night, player did 10k damage, got the kill, and didn't turn pink...at least not during the game.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

Interesting, I got tked by a Kiev last night, player did 10k damage, got the kill, and didn't turn pink...at least not during the game.

TKers don't turn pink in-game. They turn pink immediately after the battle.

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,909 battles

Same happened to me today. A "friendly" Murmansk hit me with 2 torpedoes and killed me. He didn't turn pink in game.

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

The new TK system is waaaay too sensitive ;/

I'd give you a +1, but I'm out for the day. Totally agree though, see my other post.

Members
475 posts
6,507 battles

Yeah it's fairly unfortunate how it's set up now although in higher tier battles most people don't bat an eye at the "pinkies". I've been pink twice myself, both times by accident, and both times I happened to incidentally put the finishing blow on a low HP team mate, turned pink after the game. Put in about 5 good solid games doing damage to the enemy team and helping your team and you'll be back to yourself again. :) It happens.

Edited by orangeandblue

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

I can't find that user you killed....????  Doesn't look like a bot name.

Did this user respond when you apologized??

[RSDWG]
Members
657 posts
14,936 battles

Happened to me today also, low health Cleveland rammed me and blew up, I'm now a team killer. Sent a ticket in, hope it gets cleared up.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

To the people (not OP) that complain about how "overly sensitive" the new system is. It's INFINITELY better than REAL Tkers not being punished at all and running rampant.

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

I can't find that user you killed....????  Doesn't look like a bot name.

Did this user respond when you apologized??

He actually apologized to me....  for running into me....

and for all those asking I did NOT turn pink in game, but did right after the game..

Just worked it off, now back to normal

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

He actually apologized to me....  for running into me....

and for all those asking I did NOT turn pink in game, but did right after the game..

Just worked it off, now back to normal

Good to hear you didn't get all butt-hurt about it.  It's just a programmed game mechanic we have to put up with - until enough people get fed up.  Been pink myself and can't seem to reach my victim.  Hope I didn't REALLY kill him.

I've seen the pink mechanic work.  If a pink player torps someone, HE blows up.  I guess that's a good enough deterrent for the abusive player.

Anyway, I found the history on your 'victim' - so to speak.  It looks OK.

Some of the stories I hear are so hokey there is some discussion and wonder if they programmed bots to intentionally dive in front of our shots -- to add some extra drama to the game-play.

For me, nothing to see here...  move along.

Don't you hate that parting message they give you...  "And don't shoot at any more friendly ships."

Members
459 posts
8,042 battles

Seems best to work it off in Coop, and yeah, heard about a number of folks who will try and apologize using messages while sitting in port; about all you can do really.

I got pinked today and had to watch the replay a few times, as I thought my (1) secondary had done the 45 hull point killing blow when in actuality the DD got between my ship and the burning target BB before catching a shell.

Other player got so close even looking for it the friendly can barely be seen against the bot ship, and I wasn't in sniper mode, but still...

So entirely my fault, but no reply to the apology message; and to top it all off in that same game a shot went over and long with dispersion to hit a different nearby friendly.

/shrug, Just happens, and not only with torpedoes, when ships are packed into a cap or near/around islands.

However, I had to go six games to work off the TK status as one match didn't countdown even though I did 0 friendly damage in any of those battles.

Edited by Billy_Burns_91

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

It's only 5 games till you turn back to normal not an issue really. And the stigma of being pink isn't the same as it used to be as so many people have turned pink since the new system was put in place.

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

I actually rather like the new system. Instead of a "hey here's somebody who intentionally killed someone - but not a serial tk'er since they game the system" it's a "hey this guy has a history of risky behavior" sign.

The first sign is useless. The second sign is very very useful. It lets me know I should be vigilant if I'm between him and the enemies. These are the types of people who fire torps across your shoulder at unseen enemies, or try to torp and enemy that your knife fighting. Or the type that tries to fire over you at the start of the game - without noticing he just put 8 shells into your superstructure.

These are also the people who accidentally do something.  And I don't mind them.  But if they accidentally killed somebody I'd be best to be careful.  

Members
189 posts
5,317 battles

IIRC it is 10k team damage and/or 1+ TK. Unless I'm in the lower tiers, I fairly disregard the pink status. Most of the stories I hear are entirely incidental and accidental, where the player and RNG had very different and drastic ideas for a tight situation. It's less of a "Trollin' and Proud" status, and more of a "Mistakes were made", "Crap Happens", or "...Oops" type of deal.

Unless they are being a total jerk in allchat

Then I do my best to take the other flank if I can.

[T-R-F]
Banned
677 posts
22,623 battles

yes I say the system needs tweaking. tonight. A montatna was firing on a ally DD that was a divison fail. as soon as he turned pink i fired at him. the the system penalized me. I play WOT and when a player turns blue it's a free for all on him. no penalties for attacking him so what gives!?

Sign in to follow this