You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

I'm not sure I understand the XP scoring.

8 comments in this topic

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,844 posts
12,007 battles

Now, I just played two games with essentially the same ship.  One game was with the Haruna, and one game was with the Kirshima.  The first game with the Haruna, I dealt 60404 damage and destroyed 4 ships.  For that accomplishment I received 1428 base XP.  With the modifiers, it got to 3213 XP and the commander XP got to 5355.  The second game using the Kirishima, I dealt 65447 damage and destroyed 3 ships.  For that accomplishment I received base 1098 XP.  With the modifiers it got to 1922 XP, and the commander XP got to 3569.

Both games were the same where you defend your base and attempt to cap the enemy base. I wasn't in either enemy base, so there were no cap points.  

How can the game where I dealt less damage give me more base XP than the game where I dealt more damage?  I'm not understanding the formula.  I understand that different ships assign XP at different rates, but the same ships should assign XP at the same rate.  The only thing I can figure is that damage done to smaller ships delivers less XP per damage point than damage done to larger ships.  That could be the only difference I could see.  Make sense?

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

It depends where you do your damage. Exp is based on the percent of damage done to ships. Dealing 10k damage to  DD for 90% of its health is worth far more than 10k damage to BB for 20% of its health. 

• Cool 1

[STEC]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
6,122 battles

It depends where you do your damage. Exp is based on the percent of damage done to ships. Dealing 10k damage to  DD for 90% of its health is worth far more than 10k damage to BB for 20% of its health. 

^

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
9,350 battles

The teir matters as well. Last night in a match I only did about 25k damage in my NM to a Tirpitz and finished at the top of the team with the most xp without having to do much of anything else.

Beta Testers
737 posts
9,549 battles

Now, I just played two games with essentially the same ship. 

it's harder than a Chinese calculus test. no one knows how they score it.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

I would have thought that the RNG cult would have explained the scoring system to you by now.

Must be a holiday.

• Cool 1